Forget Scott Allan, We Need A Striker

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waghorn will finish with 15+ this season. Most will come against the smaller teams in this league but once he finds a bit of composure and looks up before he shoots he'll be firing all cylinders from up top or from out wide.

Just need a poacher to finish off all the chances created. Kris Boyd in his prime.

I'd go all out for May who could lead the line well and score a bagful.

Waghorn's not a goalscorer, though he will score goals at this level.

Maybe the Spurs guy will do for the season and we'll get Allan for nowt next year. A million quid for a guy playing in the second tier in Scotland. hivs certainly have delusions of grandeur, or just deluded more like.

BTW, Stubbs says that it's stupid to sell to a rival, yet they've just signed a St Mirren midfielder, does the same 'principle' not work for hivs raiding their rivals?

Waghorn is not a prolific goal scorer but what a player he is. Looks better on the right. If only Nicky could get one or two because i don't think he has looked too bad any time he has come on. There is a poacher in Nicky, just not at the moment I'm afraid.

Waghorn is not a prolific goal scorer but what a player he is. Looks better on the right. If only Nicky could get one or two because i don't think he has looked too bad any time he has come on. There is a poacher in Nicky, just not at the moment I'm afraid.

Keeper made a pretty decent save from him, after Waldo got cleaned out.

Nicky seemed to do everything right - apart from the obvious!

I'm not criticising Waghorn, guys great at finding space and linking play but everyone knows he's not an out and out striker. His assists to a striker though would have us scoring bucketloads every game.

Aye - hope he doesn't get frustrated when his good work isn't taken advantage of.