Forget Scott Allan, We Need A Striker

Just need a poacher to finish off all the chances created. Kris Boyd in his prime.

I'd go all out for May who could lead the line well and score a bagful.

Waghorn's not a goalscorer, though he will score goals at this level.

No chance. Kris Boyd does not fit into a 4-3-3 formation.

Nor does any Boyd type of player.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance. Kris Boyd does not fit into a 4-3-3 formation.

Nor does any Boyd type of player.

Kris Boyd for all his love for the club and positioning was never a great Rangers player. First game i ever seen him play he missed a chance from 2 yards out away in the champions league and it set the tone for his whole career. Hat-tricks against numpties and bottler against anyone decent.

Kris Boyd for all his love for the club and positioning was never a great Rangers player. First game i ever seen him play he missed a chance from 2 yards out away in the champions league and it set the tone for his whole career. Hat-tricks against numpties and bottler against anyone decent.

Cannot argue with that

Do people still honestly think we're going to ever play with 2 strikers? MW has got 433 being played from the first team down to the 12's ffs! We are only ever going to have 1 man leading the line.

Didn't we end the game at Easter Road with Miller, Waghorn and Clark on the pitch? That's 3 Strikers according to my math.

Didn't we end the game at Easter Road with Miller, Waghorn and Clark on the pitch? That's 3 Strikers according to my math.

Yeah but Miller was playing through the middle and the other two on the wings. They weren't playing a Cf role

Yeah but Miller was playing through the middle and the other two on the wings. They weren't playing a Cf role

Mckay setup Millers second from the RW position and tbh Miller had a free role when he came on. I see your point however thats not to say 2 strikers cant fit into our current setup without playing them out of position in the Ally sense of the word :)

Nicky Clark was never and never will be a Rangers quality striker.

Waghorn has the presence and mentality of Sebo, something about the way he moves and his runs stinks of Filip. Lets hope he doesn't end up an Ibrox tongue in cheek legend. Jury is out for me regardless of work-rate as his brain is about 3 seconds ahead of his feet.

What a load of shite

Poachers are as outdated as wingers that stand on the halfway line with their hands on their hips waiting on the ball.

Teams play with one guy up and he needs to be strong, busy, good touch.. A real handful.

Its up to everyone to improve their finishing and not just rely on one man.

Poachers are as outdated as wingers that stand on the halfway line with their hands on their hips waiting on the ball.

Teams play with one guy up and he needs to be strong, busy, good touch.. A real handful.

Totally agree, maybe being harsh on Waghorn but you nailed his forte. He's a nuisance not a prolific goalscorer.

Nicky Clark was never and never will be a Rangers quality striker.

Waghorn has the presence and mentality of Sebo, something about the way he moves and his runs stinks of Filip. Lets hope he doesn't end up an Ibrox tongue in cheek legend. Jury is out for me regardless of work-rate as his brain is about 3 seconds ahead of his feet.

Are you having a laugh?

this

spot on mate

I think some are being a little harsh on Waghorn so far. Let's remember he hasn't played consistently as a centre forward for a while. It's all about rhythm, I'm sure once he gets a run of games where he knows he will play and the team keep creating chances he will get his share of the goals. Let's not forget it's early days not just for him but for the majority of the squad. Confidence is absolutely vital in front of goal and I'm positive once he gets settled in the side the goals will come.