Time For Ally To Come To His Senses?

Thermopylae

Not a great manager, but then again his time at the club deserves to be put in context, but what a player. I will always regard him as a Rangers great.

I remember the player too but at times I still have my doubts now about where that status will hold up. That doubt mainly stem from any possible actions after the termination of contract, as it is apparent he is not giving up shit the now, that puts the club onto the front pages for the wrong reasons again.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he hasn't got a red neck by now, what's an extra 4 months?

He'll continue till his contract is fully paid up then he'll come out of nowhere with statements a plenty.

His new autobiography will be out then and all those fenians will flock to buy it.

Not a great manager, but then again his time at the club deserves to be put in context, but what a player. I will always regard him as a Rangers great.

Here's another context too, how much money did he "make" us. League winning goals, cup goals, his efforts in Europe the number of folk with a strip with his name on it. Sure his tenure as a manager was not what we hoped but he definitely should be remembered in the round. I am also thinking there may be an age thing going on - I think the angrier bears may never had the good fortune to see him play. Just a thought.

I remember the player too but at times I still have my doubts now about where that status will hold up. That doubt mainly stem from any possible actions after the termination of contract, as it is apparent he is not giving up shit the now, that puts the club onto the front pages for the wrong reasons again.

I think he was a great player for us. One thing that stands out in my memory was the fact that he had this amazing ability to recover from injuries remarkably quickly; I used to wonder if it was his cheerful disposition that meant he healed quicker than the usual person. He was never out injured for long. Scored goals galore, in all sorts of competitions. He is clearly a legend as a player.

Legend status.....over.....

Aye, maybe for some that never had the overwhelming feelings of pride and elation at what he did to tarriers, and to many another lesser foe.

If there was an offer, "Kiss my cock for every time Ally McCoist embarrassed the filth", would you be willing to back your crap up with some action?

Do you want to kiss a cock for every time Ally succeeded? If you will, I'll kiss one for the years he failed. There you go.

He fell short as a manager, but come into my pub (and many others I know) and see if his Legend Status is over...

No matter what is said on this site, McCoist will be a legend to most Rangers fans. What does that tell us about the Ally nonsense on RM?

so, found the results in the championship - if you take the games that mccall had in the championship and look at the same fixtures under mccoist in the championship - i make mccall the better manager on paper (using those criteria)

the only skew on these is that one game against hibs ally had as a home fixture whereas mccall was away from home...

these are the same season/same competition/same squad - on your criteria the only thing mccoist was better at was shipping less goals

and yes, I was bored at work

Unfair on McCall... He would never have signed that level of player, would never have allowed them to get into such poor condition physically and had to pick up the squad mentally after McDowells very public capitulation.

I think most fans given Rangers budget could manage them to better than 3rd place in the Championship.

Even the senior players were saying privately that McCoist was an awful manager.

He was a good poacher though.. no question. He didn't allow a miss to distract him and didn't let his confidence drop when he was dropped for better players.

Legend?.. He was, but he sold it.

Aye, maybe for some that never had the overwhelming feelings of pride and elation at what he did to tarriers, and to many another lesser foe.

If there was an offer, "Kiss my cock for every time Ally McCoist embarrassed the filth", would you be willing to back your crap up with some action?

Do you want to kiss a cock for every time Ally succeeded? If you will, I'll kiss one for the years he failed. There you go.

He fell short as a manager, but come into my pub (and many others I know) and see if his Legend Status is over...

No matter what is said on this site, McCoist will be a legend to most Rangers fans. What does that tell us about the Ally nonsense on RM?

what a penis

I'm sure he's nit short of a bob or two but he'll also have astronomical costs compared to "most people" too.

I ain't for one minute defending him as a manager, he was a dud, I'm reasoning why I think its unrealistic to expect anyone to walk away from that type of wage

I see your point,

However,

according to the gardener he signed the contract without looking at it, or caring how much he was paid.

Unfair on McCall... He would never have signed that level of player, would never have allowed them to get into such poor condition physically and had to pick up the squad mentally after McDowells very public capitulation.

I think most fans given Rangers budget could manage them to better than 3rd place in the Championship.

Even the senior players were saying privately that McCoist was an awful manager.

He was a good poacher though.. no question. He didn't allow a miss to distract him and didn't let his confidence drop when he was dropped for better players.

Legend?.. He was, but he sold it.

I know it's unfair on McCall but it still proves that he was a better manager than ally using the ridiculous narrow criteria someone was using to say the opposite...

So you were slavering shite.

Nothing takes away the fact that AM was a failure. Comparing him with SM is nonsense. How much time did SM have, did he have the luxury of bringing in his own players. No, he was left with a bunch of unfit players with confidence and morale at an all time low that had no sense of what they were meant to be doing on the park. Couldn't take corners, always hitting the first man. 11 back at corners against, then boot it to fuck, to nobody, as everyone is back defending. There was no fight in the team at all, none. All thanks to AM.

I wanted him to succeed just like any other bear, who wouldn't, and I still cant believe how horribly it went.

mccoist was 100% pish as a manager, only positive was that he fought for the 'no-titles stripping' by those timmigrants.

But sadly to say, always will be remembered as a pish manager.

As a player, believe he's a decent gardener.

Not 100%, but not the best we've ever had... There's a multitude of reasons that affected that, only one of which was his managerial ability. And what he had of that was clearly whittled away through circumstances surrounding the club and the venomous, poisonous, abuse and criticism he received from some of our so called fans who couldn't and still can't understand the effects of what happened to the club. It's ONLY NOW we seem to be getting a stable ground to operate from. He ended up a shell of the man that took over from Smith, but the rot in the club had started long before then, McCoist was left reaping the whirlwind. It reminds me of that game"Pass the Bomb", and Ally was left holding it when the fuse had ran out.

Up there with the greatest acts of any Ranger ever. Those actions alone trump anything done by anyone else in my lifetime.

Here's another context too, how much money did he "make" us. League winning goals, cup goals, his efforts in Europe the number of folk with a strip with his name on it. Sure his tenure as a manager was not what we hoped but he definitely should be remembered in the round. I am also thinking there may be an age thing going on - I think the angrier bears may never had the good fortune to see him play. Just a thought.

If you want to pick out goals that put us in the money, look at Nacho Novo's European efforts in 2007-08! Ally was a bit lacking in Europe unfortunately.

I saw Ally play plenty, and I saw him miss plenty! A good goalscorer, but he wouldn't make it into my top 11 of the last 30 years never mind of our 143 year history.

If you want to pick out goals that put us in the money, look at Nacho Novo's European efforts in 2007-08! Ally was a bit lacking in Europe unfortunately.

I saw Ally play plenty, and I saw him miss plenty! A good goalscorer, but he wouldn't make it into my top 11 of the last 30 years never mind of our 143 year history.

Are you seriously putting Novo over McCoist? Seriously??

Exactly, yet they are hardly bumping their gums about Ahmad, Stockbridge, Green and all the other shysters running out with all the loot. Let's all have a go at Ally, seems to be theme for most threads eventually, frankly it makes me sick to see the PERSONAL abuse he gets on here. Ally is not above criticism, and probably in some aspects rightly so but some folk need to look at themselves.

Hear, hear. Spot on.

I know for a fact that there is a wee dingbat posting in this thread who freely admits he holds Charles Green up as a 'hero' and 'saviour' and yet advocates the continued over-the-top abuse of Ally McCoist.

I think it's best if I simply spare the blushes by not naming him.

Deranged.

hold the bus, our club's top goalscorer of all time (355) would not make it into your top 11 for the past 30 yrs??? read what you just typed and read it out loud so you can hear yourself!

FFs