Rangers On Verge Of Signing Arsenal Superkid Gedion Zelalem

George Goudie

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, seems a strange one. Especially as they have a German coach.

Did a new rule get made a couple of seasons ago that lets players switch countries up to the age of 21, or am I just making that up?

I think they can play up until a certain age group for a country then switch but if your capped for the full national side at whatever age that's it.

Imagine us at ANY time in the last 3 seasons contemplating taking an 18yo wonderkid on loan with a view to actually playing them in our first team

This is one of the most satisfying aspects of MW so far. Age irrelevant, just good coaching of young hungry players who want to play for Rangers.

The other satisfying thing is disrespecting everyone.

Does anyone know why he chose USA over Germany?

Born in Germany and then his parents immigrated to the USA. Lived in the USA from ages 9-15 when he went to London to play for the Gunners. He said that his family and friends are in the USA so they were the only option for him at the senior level.

That's what I was thinking, but if this boy is so good, it makes you wonder why Klinsman would want him to play for the US. I admit I know nothing of this boy and hadn't even heard of him until today.

Klinnsman's son is a GK in the US National Team pool. Plays soccer in college in CA and has represented the USA already at the youth level.

Born in Germany and then his parents immigrated to the USA. Lived in the USA from ages 9-15 when he went to London to play for the Gunners. He said that his family and friends are in the USA so they were the only option for him at the senior level.

Fair enough, just being loyal to the country he was raised in. Better than mcgeady and that other wee rats reason for not picking Scotland.

Fair enough, just being loyal to the country he was raised in. Better than mcgeady and that other wee rats reason for not picking Scotland.

I think he is being groomed by Klinnsman for Clint Dempsey's spot on the US National Team once Clint hangs it up. He would fit nicely in the USA's 4-3-3.

So he's a striker then?

I can't watch any videos on my pish internet connection.

Dempsey doesn't play in a true striker role ...he plays as a withdrawn striker or as the attacking central mid behind two holding mids......they play with one target/holdup striker (like Johannsson or Altidore). This kid would be good either on the wings or as an attacking central

Dempsey doesn't play in a true striker role ...he plays as a withdrawn striker or as the attacking central mid behind two holding mids......they play with one target/holdup striker (like Johannsson or Altidore). This kid would be good either on the wings or as an attacking central

Cheers mate. Got an abundance of attacking options now.

Templeton must surely be finished now. Hope Walsh doesn't get pushed down the pecking order now.

Good to have competition for places now.

Seen some videos of him, plays attacking midfield role, looks good, great eye for a pass and very "disrespectful" in some of the clips I saw.

FYI: USA fans have mixed reactions to the news with most fans arguing that this would not be good for the kids development.

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2015/08/nearing-scottish-rangers.html

The level of football we're up against is not that great but:

Manager with track record of player development

A large fan base demanding wins every single weeks

A fluid attacking set up

Intense media coverage

All reasons why a move to Rangers wouldnt be the worst thing in the world for a young player trying to make it at one of the big clubs in England.