Zelalem Or Law?

409 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be first choice if you were manager?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you rephrase the last sentence? I have no clue what you mean and I'm intrigued now :lol:

law gets into trouble when he tries more than he is capable of, playing within yourself is what that means. Law has not played a bad game this season and the whole team was at fault last season led by two of the most clueless managers Rangers have ever had. Hell even Davie White was a better manager than the 2 clowns. So as far as I am concerned I am basing players on what they are doing under the magic hat not the arse baring clown. I also see Zelalem as a huge talent but someone who needs to know how to work his craft for the team not as an individual can also say the same thing about Oduwa, skills abound but learn to play the final ball. This is also a common last part of a youth players development. I also see warburton`s philosophy it is about the squad and he wants players to be hungry, the way to do that is to use the squad, keep the players on their toes in that If i want to play next week then I need to have a good game this week.

A game and a half where he has been largely anonymous, but suddenly he is better than Law, simply because he comes from arsenal.

He may well be, but he has to prove it first - and he hasn't yet. I don't think on today's showing he was as effective as Law. He needs games, but simply choosing the arsenal lad on what we have seen of him so far, makes no sense.

Without being overly abusive, FUCK OFF OP.

Who the fuck makes a poll comparing an 18 year old loan player to seasoned pro who has been made a scapegoat in recent seasons whilst not being able to do anything about his own poor performances due to terrible tactics from his management?

Short of running about the field with a set of the mobile scaffolding which RTV deploy for the cameraman I don't know what Law could really have done to avert the abuse which he receives on here at times.

Law has been decent this season and if not for Halliday's goals would have been our best CM.

Anyway, Youtube recommended this to me. Can't remember E Bo Andersson being so prolific. And what about Laudrup? :spraise:

A game and a half where he has been largely anonymous, but suddenly he is better than Law, simply because he comes from arsenal.

He may well be, but he has to prove it first - and he hasn't yet. I don't think on today's showing he was as effective as Law. He needs games, but simply choosing the arsenal lad on what we have seen of him so far, makes no sense.

2 assists in 2 games is anonymous?

You clearly didn't see the the game midweek

Zelalem is just going to get better and better for us. There will be a few games where he just lights up the pitch and people will be awe struck. He possess the killer pass and the last guy we had that could do it was Mendes. We've waited a long time for someone like this let's just enjoy it while he's here.

2 assists in 2 games is anonymous?

You clearly didn't see the the game midweek

I did. Nice pass on him, but I still don't think so far, it's time to be making the kind of snap judgement the poll is asking for. Certainly not enough time to say pick him over law, who i think has been excellent this season.

I don't pretend to know the first thing about this Law fellow but if he has a little more bite in the tackle couldn't you sit him behind Zelalem and tell Gedion to run at folks a bit more and not worry about getting caught in possesion? Gedion looked a bit tentative today IMO.

Without being overly abusive, FUCK OFF OP.

Who the fuck makes a poll comparing an 18 year old loan player to seasoned pro who has been made a scapegoat in recent seasons whilst not being able to do anything about his own poor performances due to terrible tactics from his management?

A football forum discussing team selection... that's tragic...

What relevance does Law's form last season have to do with his form this season?

People either choose to ignore or didn't read the part where I said "based on what we've seen so far".

Everyone should be picking Zelalem because he is a far better footballer. It's quite simple really.

This. There's no question about it.

Zelalem should play whenever fit. He's a classy player. A better player than Law by a mile. It's got nothing to do with hatred for Law, who I don't think is hated by most any more anyway. Zelalem survived well today, despite QoS throwing it about a bit. There's no need to bow to the physical, anachronistic stuff by not playing a guy like Zelalem.

It's nearer the mark to ask whether it should be Law or Holt.

Anonymous. :lol:

2 assists and is constantly involved in passing moves. Alot goes through him and the players are starting to look for him. Nicky Law still manages to go missing from time to time, but far less than he used to.

I can believe this is even being debated. Zelalem clearly has more about him than Nicky Law, albeit Law is doing quite well at the moment.

one is on loan and the other is here for the longterm --- not really a hard choice. Give the boy as much playing time as possible but at the end of the day we need to build around players like Law

We also need to give ourselves the best chance of winning a cup. And we need to develop a style of play. Zelalem will help with both far more than Law, who, for all he's done well recently, will never be the kind of guy that you can build your team around.

We also need to give ourselves the best chance of winning a cup. And we need to develop a style of play. Zelalem will help with both far more than Law, who, for all he's done well recently, will never be the kind of guy that you can build your team around.

Zelalem may well be off in January before the skittish cup has even started/ I'd play the boy in every game but he'll be gone sooner rather than later. Just being a realist. We have a squad capable of winning a cup.

Zelalem is a great player. He strolls about the park picking passes and winning the ball back a lot more than I expected him to do as I thought he was more of an attacking minded player. For his build he has good strength as well. Law has improved under MW but if you look at our starting XI whenever Law is in it he really is the weak link. He still doesnt give 100% in the tackle and sits on the ball for too long before picking a pass. If he had the heart and passion of Andy Halliday then hed be a great player but his heart really isn't in it and he isn't a game changer or gets fans on their feet I suppose.

Over the season? Yes i do. He performed badly in some matches however was made the scape goat by the majority of the support. The fact people jumped on him when we played badly tells you something when he didnt play well the whole team broke down. Why? Because he was the only one in midfield who could play football

If you truly believe that then I'm staggered. The lads attitude stunk last season. He hid, that is why he got stick and thoroughly deserved it was too.