** The Official Rangers 5-0 Raith Rovers Match Thread**

Gaz52

I watched that kid today and the way he creates space and goes around players reminded me of the way Jim Baxter use to float past players. It's not a direct comparison but this kid is going to be one of the best. Don't you think so?

Thats what great players do, doesn't matter that he's probably 9 stone soaking wet. He's just got so much skill.

Laudrupesque

Yes mate. I said after the Alloa game that not since Laudrup have we had a payer with the ability to go past players the way Brian did. It's not a direct comparison with Laudrup....he's not in the same class yet, but I can see similarities in the way he beats players.

It was getting a bit predictable though when we were trying to walk it in instead of someone having the balls to shoot.

its not predictable at all it's a new style of football that we as fans need to adapt to and enjoy.we constantly dominate the ball stretching a packed defence untill space is created or a defender loses concentration.i am loving it it's such a change.

its not predictable at all it's a new style of football that we as fans need to adapt to and enjoy.we constantly dominate the ball stretching a packed defence untill space is created or a defender loses concentration.i am loving it it's such a change.

People were getting frustrated in the first 45 that we were playing nice football around the box but there was no shot or end product. If we work an opening I'd like to see us get the shot off earlier. It happened on a few occasions yesterday it was prime for a shot and we made a cute little pass that was intercepted because they were so deep.

People were getting frustrated in the first 45 that we were playing nice football around the box but there was no shot or end product. If we work an opening I'd like to see us get the shot off earlier. It happened on a few occasions yesterday it was prime for a shot and we made a cute little pass that was intercepted because they were so deep.

unfortunatley the statistics don't really agree with the argument .we have scored 35 goals already with tav ,wallace,Halliday all scoring from outside the area on more than 1 occasion so predictability or trying to walk the ball is really not an issue.

Just need to face facts, non season ticket holders will always buy a seat depending on who were up against.

Raith obv ain't that attractive a draw no matter how well the team are playing.

It will be the same even next year against the dross, so let people moan and the fans who do turn up support the team.

5-0 rangers today, waghorn to score a couple.

Great shout :D Any money on it?

unfortunatley the statistics don't really agree with the argument .we have scored 35 goals already with tav ,wallace,Halliday all scoring from outside the area on more than 1 occasion so predictability or trying to walk the ball is really not an issue.

At 1-0 yesterday you could hear people shouting to 'just fucking shoot'. Nobody was shouting 'look at the stats from other games'. We were playing some nice stuff but it was 40 minutes between goals and a few more shots when the opportunity arises would be the smart thing to do especially if we are playing a higher class of opposition.

"Just fucking shoot" Famous words by the fans who think they know better than a manager who just so happens to have led his team to 35 goals in 9 games with god knows how many shots at goal/on target.

Really does get boring after a while. I'm sure a professional footballers judgement on whether to hit a shot or pass is better than fans sitting in the stands.

All for opinions but some of them really take the biscuit.

At 1-0 yesterday you could hear people shouting to 'just fucking shoot'. Nobody was shouting 'look at the stats from other games'. We were playing some nice stuff but it was 40 minutes between goals and a few more shots when the opportunity arises would be the smart thing to do especially if we are playing a higher class of opposition.

no the smart thing to do is stick to our new style and gameplay be patient and our chance will come rather than acting like spoilt children because there hasn't been a goal in 40mins