Mccoist Deal Agreed - Club Statement

Brightside

What difference does it make what board was in charge? He was taking thousands a day from the club.

This is what I hate most about the past 3 years, the double standards of our support. It was ok for someone to do one thing under the previous board but not the current one. It was ok for Ally to be taking thousands a day of the old board but as soon as the new boards in its an issue? Some will make any excuse for the new board, and blame any previous problem on the old board.

Some folk need to remember that boardrooms come and go, they mean fuck all in the grand scheme of things, we support Rangers Football Club and McCoist was robbing us blind, whatever board was in charge is irrelevant unless you care more about what board is in charge more than the Club.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two points I'd like to make is one of my mates is a Jambo and last season he met Michael Stewart at Tynecastle and apparently Michael Stewart was calling McCoist the biggest chancer in football, saying the boardroom stuff was a convenient excuse for him because he was doing nothing with the players in training.

Also the other is a lot of people will say McCoist will always be a Rangers legend because of his playing days but I'd argue that a lot of younger bears who never saw him play or were too young to remember him playing like myself will look at him as the leach who had us getting beat off the likes of Stirling Albion. He wasted what was a good opportunity in using the years in the lower leagues to build a young squad which wouldn't be far away from challenging for top spot in Scotland on our return.

I'm just glad this whole era in our history is finished now. The more I watch us under Warburton the more I resent Ally and the football we played under him.

You lost me at Michael Stewart

What difference does it make what board was in charge? He was taking thousands a day from the club.

This is what I hate most about the past 3 years, the double standards of our support. It was ok for someone to do one thing under the previous board but not the current one. It was ok for Ally to be taking thousands a day of the old board but as soon as the new boards in its an issue? Some will make any excuse for the new board, and blame any previous problem on the old board.

Some folk need to remember that boardrooms come and go, they mean fuck all in the grand scheme of things, we support Rangers Football Club and McCoist was robbing us blind, whatever board was in charge is irrelevant unless you care more about what board is in charge more than the Club.

Points. Scoring. Etc.

He had a contract that was allowed to carry on by others who clearly didn't have the club at heart. They could have sacked him the year before when we lost the Ramsdens. By that time the vast majority of fans had giving up on Ally but he stayed in the job because an I dot board wouldn't act. He could and should have been off the payroll by now anyway.

Perhaps McCoist was making sure this board were acting in the best interests of the club before he rescinded.

I didn't realize that ...I remember statements by the UOF and SOS that were very supportive of Ally after the Ramsdens loss and never saw any negative statements about Ally out there from any of the fan groups nor questioning his work ethic, results and accountability.

Like North Rd stated yesterday, I think McCoist has another job and needs to be off our books to accept it. Otherwise, he would have milked his contract another 3 months like he has done the previous 6.5 months that King has been in charge.

Two points I'd like to make is one of my mates is a Jambo and last season he met Michael Stewart at Tynecastle and apparently Michael Stewart was calling McCoist the biggest chancer in football, saying the boardroom stuff was a convenient excuse for him because he was doing nothing with the players in training.

Also the other is a lot of people will say McCoist will always be a Rangers legend because of his playing days but I'd argue that a lot of younger bears who never saw him play or were too young to remember him playing like myself will look at him as the leach who had us getting beat off the likes of Stirling Albion. He wasted what was a good opportunity in using the years in the lower leagues to build a young squad which wouldn't be far away from challenging for top spot in Scotland on our return.

I'm just glad this whole era in our history is finished now. The more I watch us under Warburton the more I resent Ally and the football we played under him.

Michael Stewart is a prick.

For those saying that he may still have a hand to play with regards to Green and Whyte etc, what could it possibly be? They were really bad men robbing Rangers, but they were paying me shit loads every week so I just sat back and watched!

Incredibly unfair to insinuate that he could have done anything about those two criminals.

Disgust with his payment and performance as manager are just - that is most definitely not.

For those saying that he may still have a hand to play with regards to Green and Whyte etc, what could it possibly be? They were really bad men robbing Rangers, but they were paying me shit loads every week so I just sat back and watched!

If Ally witnessed any illegal activities while at the club, no "confidentiality clause" in the world could be enforced if he went to the police to disclose those actions.

Ally might not have had the best of times as a manager but I would never label him like some have done on here,

He is our all time top goal scorer

An integral part of our most successful ever team

A pillar of integrity when everyone else was desperate to kill us

It never worked out as a manager but he is a legend and will always be welcome.

Fuck him. Greedy money hungry fucker that he is.

It's blatantly obvious that the only reason he has done this is so he can fuck off to another well paid job.

As for the board saying they hardly had a chance to speak to him, what a lot of utter pish, it's not like he has been fucking busy.

Dissapointed in the whole handling of this situation.

I'd have possibly bitten off my nose to spite my face in this, and told him there would be no negotiations and he WILL see out the remainder of his contract, if that costs us a bit of money and costs him another job, then so be it.

I have lost close to every bit of respect I ever had for you Ally. I am disgusted at the way you have behaved. True bear, my arse.