Oduwa & Zelalem

simon

Zelalem can spray a pass but he's not got a physical presence

Oddy has no final ball, nice footwork but no final ball and is also lightweight

zelalem hasnt sprayed a pass yet for us, oduwa needs to be told, to control it and run the fucking thing, this whole prancing about with it is shite and slows things down

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get slated for this, Simon but I agree.

Zelalem's worst game for me and although Oduwa had some great bursts, he did a lot of dancing and holding the ball up to no effect.

Two brilliant players though and as I've said, learning curve, this will do wonders for this squad, learn what defeat tastes like.

People disagreed with me two nights ago for suggesting Odawa didn't have an end product. I believe it will come but at this moment he is flair only.

Zalalem was closed down at every opportunity and was still on the ball than any other player, he was fucked by the second half.

Oduwa was shite, no two ways about it. People can love him after ripping the piss out of part timers all they want but he was the one that got ripped tonight. He should have been off before half time.

Side note, why are Holt and Halliday getting off so much more than Oduwa and Zalalem ? It's really odd. They 2 were non-existent, at least Oduwa and Zalalem were putting the effort in.

People disagreed with me two nights ago for suggesting Odawa didn't have an end product. I believe it will come but at this moment he is flair only.

I'd still disagree with you.

That's why he's out on loan from a Premiership side, to learn his trade, the guy is class but has to learn when to skin some cunt and when to pass.

He will get a lot of shit tonight as we lost, some perspective, he's probaby the most technically gifted player in our team alongside Zelalem.

Maybe it's because I'm in a teaching role but I can't stress enough that mistakes and shit like tonight happening is good for long term progress.

We seen fuckall under McCoist, we have destroyed everything in our path under Warburton, tonight has given him plenty to think about.

If we had to play St Johnstone tomorrow I have a feeling it would be different.

Oduwa ran at their players all night and in another game wouldve put his chance away, which changes the game completely.

Zelalem was battered all night and had no protection from the ref, although he was slower than usual.

On a side note the way Oduwa was treated by the fans and their defenders was abysmal. Constantly in his ear telling him to get up when they clearly fouled him. Referees need to start protecting these players because one of these games and its a real serious injury for one of them

This thread kinda shows how well we support kids and young players!!!!! Perhaps if they were not loan players we would allow them to develop - perhaps not!

Shut thee fuck up! Part of growing and maturing as a player is being able to take and accept criticism when its deserved, they either learn from it now or crumble.

Zelalem was overhyped to fuck.

Kills the speed of the game altogether and pushed about too easy

Agree with this.

Oduwa I like and he is in a position that he can get away with it.

However Zelalem can't afford that. He is a luxury player who needs a water carrier behind him.

I think he slows us down too much and said so in the match thread. Think this has really affected our tempo since he came into the side.

Zelalem isn't our long term option and we should be developing our own players in that role.

This thread kinda shows how well we support kids and young players!!!!! Perhaps if they were not loan players we would allow them to develop - perhaps not!

No the bottom line is Rangers can't afford to have under developed players at Ibrox, we have been playing like a lousy schoolboy outfit for three weeks now, its like watching a Davie White Rangers, sideways and backwards and failing in Pressure games.

There is a difference between good play and bad, and we have been bad, bad, bad.

I'd still disagree with you.

That's why he's out on loan from a Premiership side, to learn his trade, the guy is class but has to learn when to skin some cunt and when to pass.

He will get a lot of shit tonight as we lost, some perspective, he's probaby the most technically gifted player in our team alongside Zelalem.

Maybe it's because I'm in a teaching role but I can't stress enough that mistakes and shit like tonight happening is good for long term progress.

We seen fuckall under McCoist, we have destroyed everything in our path under Warburton, tonight has given him plenty to think about.

If we had to play St Johnstone tomorrow I have a feeling it would be different.

I'm not disagreeing with that for I believe both players will become great and go on to have great careers. I just believe Odawa lacks an end product atm mostly because he tries to do too much.

I'm not disagreeing with that for I believe both players will become great and go on to have great careers. I just believe Odawa lacks an end product atm mostly because he tries to do too much.

Tries to do too much? Yea, I agree.

No end product?

Na.

We both want the best for Rangers anyway and hopefully we go on to become stronger and better.

Oduwa was our best player tonight. Holding on to the ball when there's not a pass on or a realistic opprtunity to dribble past everyone is not a crime! The movement ahead of him was pish but fair play to him, he never hid, you could tell the crowd were getting frustrated at times but he kept on coming, he kept wanting the ball and looking to make things happen.

Zalalem was closed down at every opportunity and was still on the ball than any other player, he was fucked by the second half.

Oduwa was shite, no two ways about it. People can love him after ripping the piss out of part timers all they want but he was the one that got ripped tonight. He should have been off before half time.

Side note, why are Holt and Halliday getting off so much more than Oduwa and Zalalem ? It's really odd. They 2 were non-existent, at least Oduwa and Zalalem were putting the effort in.

no offence but can you list one single solitary moment of actual good play that zelalem did tonight, defence splitting pass, set up a chance, something, cause all i remember is wee short 5 yard passes

oduwa at least on the odd occasion took men on, and was highly unlucky not to score 2nd half

Young lads so easy targets..

Were no worse than Halliday,Waghorn,Miller, Wallace and certainly the two centre halves..!

Totally agree with you, thats why I reckon at least 80% of this team have to go. We badly need a defensive left back and two centre halfs before we go anywhere, then we need a striker and a defensive midfielder and I'm not talking about bargain basement players either, King will have to get his money out. As for Warburton, the team selection was a disaster and looking at the bench he did not have a change of tactics to win the game. We will win this league but the future does'nt look good with the tactics or the players.