Oduwa & Zelalem

simon

Oduwa is the worst player I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

Couple of flicks (a failed one might I add) and you're in the papers all over the country. He's done absolutely nothing.

Never seen a player care more about himself than the team. Only interested in how he looks. Dances on the ball and gets absolutely nowhere.

Zelalem is decent at passing, that's about it. Man down defending, utterly useless going back the way. Must be about 3 stone under weight, not a bit of muscle on him. Physique of a twig.

Ball, I can't even be bothered addressing him. Not a football player.

Send all 3 of them back.

:lol:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're here to learn, that's a lesson for them tonight.

Sometimes i was thinking Oduwa was fannying about too much, i wish he'd just play the pass and Zela was wasn't anywhere near as effective as we have seen he can be.

Other players movement was shocking too but for these lads it's a lesson I'm sure Warbs n Weir will make sure they learn from.

They are here to learn.

But for our benefit, not at our expense.

Oduwa is terrible tbh, that I agree with. The love in for him after that first failed flick was out of defiance more than anything else because he was getting panned by the media.

Zalalem is a quality player, no doubt about that. I'm sure as the season goes on he'll get even better.

Ball ? Unsure yet.

Lets see how they get on from here. I'm sure Zalalem will more than likely be MOTM this weekend.

They are 18 and 19 yrs old. Just at the very start of their careers with an awful lot to learn. Nothing luxury about that at all.

Why are they starting in our biggest game of the season so far then? McKay and Shiels should have been on from the beginning. Even Law has been better than Zelalem.

Wind the clock back to when our manager managed to get them on loan. Posters were saying fantastic, and posting clips of them fro youtube, and saying that they were two great players to have on loan. They are two young boys who will turn out to be top class players, but when things go wrong, pick on the younger boys.

Zalalem is a quality player, no doubt about that. I'm sure as the season goes on he'll get even better.

Spot on, has been the best so far of our loan signings and usually looks very comfortable. I don't think he was too bad at all tonight, a lot of expectation on his shoulders and when the likes of Halliday and Holt aren't performing great then it's a bit much to ask for a youngster like him to take charge.

Wind the clock back to when our manager managed to get them on loan. Posters were saying fantastic, and posting clips of them fro youtube, and saying that they were two great players to have on loan. They are two young boys who will turn out to be top class players, but when things go wrong, pick on the younger boys.

Panic merchants the lot of them, I think some would rather see us go back to the old days of lumping the baw and playing a team full of past it players.

Why are they starting in our biggest game of the season so far then? McKay and Shiels should have been on from the beginning. Even Law has been better than Zelalem.

Can't disagree about McKay, i assumed he was injured and that's why he was on the bench, he's been brilliant so no idea why he didn't start.

That should be discussed in the Wilson thread, not the Oduwa and Zelalem thread.

Why make a thread singling individual performances? I'm not going to read every single thread on this forum but found this the daftest. It's utter shite picking on this player and that, we failed in a few departments tonight.

Oduwa was fantastic tonight in the second half IMO

What he does isn't easy, it's not always going to come off, need to give these guys support and encouragement to embrace their talent

Disagree 100%.

He seemed to be more concerned with showboating than he did the team getting back into the game. At times I couldn't tell if he was going round a roundabout or trying to beat a player.

Doing skill is all very well, but there's a time and a place, and it's certainly not when you're losing 3-1.

He did one good thing tonight and that was the run where he hit the bar. Other than that there was no final product in anything he did and it pissed me off.

While they showed a lot of Naivety tonight other players certainly didn't cover themselves in glory.

They've been of benefit to us in previous games, I'm sure after this tonight they will continue to do so.

I'm sure they will - we just need to be careful how we use them.

Disagree 100%.

He seemed to be more concerned with showboating than he did the team getting back into the game. At times I couldn't tell if he was going round a roundabout or trying to beat a player.

Doing skill is all very well, but there's a time and a place, and it's certainly not when you're losing 3-1.

He did one good thing tonight and that was the run where he hit the bar. Other than that there was no final product in anything he did and it pissed me off.

Spot on. (tu)

Just the usual from him.

I respect people's opinions but I cannot believe I'm reading some of this about Zelalem.

Same, tonight wasn't his best game but I thought he was one of our better players, a few stray passes and had the ball taken from him at times but that's to be expected, he was still positive and looking for a pass whilst some others jsut crumbled when St. Johnstone had the audacity to close them down.

Oduwa had a very poor game for me though, he seemed reluctant to get back when required, reluctant to make runs forward when required and when he had the ball seemed to do the complete opposite of what was required and ran into trouble for the most part.

TBH, I don't think it's a night for criticism. This was the best learning we could get and so early in the season. We did not disgrace ourselves by any stretch and must have had an hour of the play. We all new of our defensive frailties, so I wouldn't be too surprised nor too disappointed that a decent top flight side exploited this.

We are a very new and young team who will only get better. Much prefer Wags through the middle and McKay wide and Miller used as an impact sub. Haliday has found his level and the CD won't cut it in the top flight. I don't see anything staggering in any of that and we will still walk this league.

MW will make the necessary adjustments of that I'm confident and we will move onwards and upwards.

We have a first class management team and a decent set of players who give it their all, so let's not be so despondent and give every last one of them our full support and encouragement. Negativity, is last seasons trait and not without good reason, but let's drop that baggage and get behind the team come what may, as we all know, this IS the team that WILL get us promotion, so cut them a bit of slack FFS!

Some of the replies are fucking criminal, we lose a match and all of a sudden everyone is poor and should get to fuck.

Those two kids have been refreshing on the eye, they have a lot to learn and losing a cup game will hopefully help them, we will lose more games this season, but I would rather lose them playing decent stuff than the way we lost them last year.

Can't blame the two young boys for criminal defending and the O'Halloran goal is our Achilles' heel, the centre backs are too fucking slow and balls over the top for a foot race kill them. Ball should have played or at least at defensive midfield we need to sit back and protect the defence and we can hit on the break. Oduwa dancing about instead of taking on his man has to be addressed and Zelalem did ok but Law and Shiels gave us more bite.