Frank Mcparland - Chief Scout.

WATBB

My opinion on man city scouts seems irrelevant. Unless we are potentially adding one to our wage list.

Naive is you implying players at that level can't be criticised. They can, and I will if that's my opinion. (tu)

You "dont rate him" which, to me, means that you think he is a terrible football player. Of course players can be criticised, but that aint the same as writing them off as bad players.

I used the Man City example because we can hardly pass judgement on them as City are one of the extreme FM style scouting clubs. So I say its a relevant to this discussion.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no point using his time at Liverpool as a guide , for the last several years they have been using a transfer committee to over see all player recruitment , anyone who managed to catch the talksport program covering Brendan Rodgers sacking would have heard this , it's an absolute crazy system Liverpool use

You "dont rate him" which, to me, means that you think he is a terrible football player. Of course players can be criticised, but that aint the same as writing them off as bad players.

I used the Man City example because we can hardly pass judgement on them as City are one of the extreme FM style scouting clubs. So I say its a relevant to this discussion.

I can't call professional players at that level a bad footballer? Of course I can. It's my right as a failed footballer to pass judgement on those living my dream.

So how do we judge scouts now then? There must be some form of comparison, or judgement, before they get contracts. He's allegedly lined up for our chief scout position, so I checked his previous experience as chief scout. Seemed natural to me, but if you're saying that's wrong then fine.

There is no point using his time at Liverpool as a guide , for the last several years they have been using a transfer committee to over see all player recruitment , anyone who managed to catch the talksport program covering Brendan Rodgers sacking would have heard this , it's an absolute crazy system Liverpool use

Were they using this model in 2004-07? FSG didn't own Liverpool before 2010.

Were they using this model in 2004-07? FSG didn't own Liverpool before 2010.

It was set up by Daniel Camoli during his time there , not 100% on that.

Just checked and you are correct , he arrived in 2010

I can't call professional players at that level a bad footballer? Of course I can. It's my right as a failed footballer to pass judgement on those living my dream.

So how do we judge scouts now then? There must be some form of comparison, or judgement, before they get contracts. He's allegedly lined up for our chief scout position, so I checked his previous experience as chief scout. Seemed natural to me, but if you're saying that's wrong then fine.

I am a bad footballer.. Someone who has played at Arsenal, Juventus and Wolfsburg is not. In comparison to Messi, he might be, but to say outright that he is a bad footballer is just plain (playing, plane) stupid.

How about judging him on his time at Brentford? A club with similar means to us and possibly bigger role to play? It is pretty obvious that a scout has a much bigger role to play at a club like Brentford as oppose to Liverpool. Resources dictate that.

I am a bad footballer.. Someone who has played at Arsenal, Juventus and Wolfsburg is not. In comparison to Messi, he might be, but to say outright that he is a bad footballer is just plain (playing, plane) stupid.

How about judging him on his time at Brentford? A club with similar means to us and possibly bigger role to play? It is pretty obvious that a scout has a much bigger role to play at a club like Brentford as oppose to Liverpool. Resources dictate that.

Was he chief scout at Brentford?

I just, wrongfully it appears, assumed comparing the same role was more relevant. Apologies.

I would like to see us bring George Adams back. That guy has some record of finding players.

Can anyone copy and paste his wiki profile for me please so people can see how good his record is please?

It's incredible the amount of players he's discovered. He used to work for us before as well.

Article in the ibroxnoise saying that it's a load a shite with small statement from Warburtons old club saying he ain't going nowhere having only joined them in may so we may hv to wait till its confirmed by club

Brentford wouldn't be releasing that sort of statement as FMcP left at the same time as MW and DW.

Burnley on the other hand?

Having worked at Bolton Wanderers as their general manager, McParland was also the chief scout at Liverpool between 2003 and 2007.

Eduardo Macia was Liverpools chief scout then , Mcparland was the academy director , though he did take on some scouting responsibility , he didn't take over as head scout until 2009

R.e his past;

He maybe didn't find players that were good enough for Liverpool in the Barclay's Premier League; but let's be real here, he'll be scouring for talent, that can play at a high standard in the Scottish Championship/Premiership.

Warburton knows him, and has worked with him, I trust in Mark Warburton.

Well said mate, I have trusted Warbuton as soon as the 4th goal went in to the Hibs goalie and Easteroad, still trust him after the St. Johnstone game and I trust him with this appoitment as well.

Eduardo Macia was Liverpools chief scout then , Mcparland was the academy director , though he did take on some scouting responsibility , he didn't take over as head scout until 2009

You've got it backwards with his jobs. McParland was Chief Scout at Liverpool from 2003 until 2007. Macia joined as Joint Chief Scout in June 2006.

McParland then joined Bolton as General Manager in 2007, Chief Scout at Watford in 2008, then became Academy Director at Liverpool in 2009.

No one able to copy and paste George Adams wiki page for me please?

For those that don't know him, you need to see this guys record of finding talent.

Seems tough to find info on Mr Adams. Can's seem to see a wiki page