State Aid Fc Looking To Start A Franchise In The Usa.

:lol: Whit?

The MLS is supposed to be for the development of North American football by enhancing the popularity of the sport in the US and Canada, and creating a viable and competitive indigenous league with that goal in mind. It is not supposed to be a vehicle used for the enhancement of a European club's brand and market.

This is pathetically selfish and corporate if accurate. Very sellic.

It's actually the level below the MLS.

It's called the North American Soccer League but it's not the original NASL that Pele, Cruyff, Best and Beckenbauer played in with the original NY Cosmos and original Tampa Bay Rowdies.

Our own Nacho Novo plays there as does Freddy Adu

:lol: Whit?

The MLS is supposed to be for the development of North American football by enhancing the popularity of the sport in the US and Canada, and creating a viable and competitive indigenous league with that goal in mind. It is not supposed to be a vehicle used for the enhancement of a European club's brand and market.

This is pathetically selfish and corporate if accurate. Very sellic.

I agree with the sentiment, but there's an argument that both could be achieved e.g. it would be difficult to argue that NYCFC's creation hasn't stimulated interest in the league and helped in the development towards a viable and competitive indigenous league whilst also enhancing a European club's brand and market.

I agree with the sentiment, but there's an argument that both could be achieved e.g. it would be difficult to argue that NYCFC's creation hasn't stimulated interest in the league and helped in the development towards a viable and competitive indigenous league whilst also enhancing a European club's brand and market.

It has stimulated some sort of interest, but the MLS managed to find a way to stimulate interest without being subservient to the ambitions of Europe.

I just don't think this is a good way for fans over there to learn how and why to follow football. It's not indigenous enough.

I find it all very cynical and representative of everything that's wrong with football.

On 5live yesterday Roddy Forsyth (I think) questioned if it was just 'smoke and mirrors for the masses'.

I didn't read the article,just saw the headline when I was in the paper shop ,first thing I thought too,typical lieswell playing to the masses to cover poor on field performances

Multiple millions in investment would be required to get something like this going,cash that they simply do not have

Just as well the tims are a gullible lot or this man would have been hunted long ago

Maybe one day the penny will drop with the few tims that have a modicum of intellect that this money man has been patronising them for years and playing on their gullibleness for years to keep the money coming in

A no brainer for them.

The huge irish connection in the states will lap this up.

£££

Also the MLS is of a higher standard than the SPLF these days so the prospect of bringing in players from there is probably a good idea as the standard in Scottish football continues to diminish.

Bheasty pricks.