Time To See What This Squads Made Of

Skyson1872

Hopefully this is a wake up call, we were the better team today yes, but we still did not play to our best. The past few weeks we have loathed around the pitch, we need to sharpen and speed our play up and work on our finishing. Luck certainly hasn't went our way but we are Rangers we shouldn't need luck. Lets see how the squad react to this.

Don't worry this isn't a suicide thread or anything.

There just doesn't seem to be a plan B when the games not going our way. Danny Wilson is a car crash. His positioning and failure to track back when he gets out of position allowed that mob to cut us open at times. Second half was much better though just need to be more clinical in the final 3rd

Like I said in another it's the 1st of November and today was the first time we've dropped points in the league.

You're not going to win every game and you're certainly not going to be able to play teams off the park every game.

Squad is good enough and we'll still win this league comfortably.

Like I said in another it's the 1st of November and today was the first time we've dropped points in the league.

You're not going to win every game and you're certainly not going to be able to play teams off the park every game.

The title of the op relates to the players but I think it equally applies to the management team.

No arguing with the points made but the performances have been poor for weeks and this is the second big game we have lost.

Regardless of what anyone says losing to St Johnstone and now Hibs tell us where we are as much as being top of the table 5 points clear with only 3 points dropped.

I am happy where we are given the mess that Warburton and Weir inherited but I think many have given too much credit too soon to the players and management.

I thought we were unlucky to lose today but it didn't come as a surprise.

We stll need quite a few players to compete in the top division.

Hopefully this will be the wake up call that St Johnstone should have been.

What a stupid thing to say.

We can easily lose a 5 point lead fs.

its done both mistakes gave the junkies all 3points and that's supposed to be our biggest challenge to the title lol st.Mirren gave us more problems last week than hibs the day..Minimum we deserved was a point today but it wasn't to be..

The title of the op relates to the players but I think it equally applies to the management team.

No arguing with the points made but the performances have been poor for weeks and this is the second big game we have lost.

Regardless of what anyone says losing to St Johnstone and now Hibs tell us where we are as much as being top of the table 5 points clear with only 3 points dropped.

I am happy where we are given the mess that Warburton and Weir inherited but I think many have given too much credit too soon to the players and management.

No dramatics, sensible post.

Aye let's see if they can cope being five ahead rather than 8

(tu)

The way some people are going on you would think they've cut the lead to a one or two point gap and we are toiling.

Being five points ahead, with a goal difference that's as good as a point, is a pretty commanding position to be in at this point of the season and one that most people would have bitten your hand off for if they were offered it in August.

People can go on about how it's a "title race" but even after today it's going to take a massive collapse from us not to win it.

Today was disappointing but people need to calm the fuck down and stop being drama queens.

(tu)

The way some people are going on you would think they've cut the lead to a one or two point gap and we are toiling.

Being five points ahead, with a goal difference that's as good as a point, is a pretty commanding position to be in at this point of the season and one that most people would have bitten your hand off for if they were offered it in August.

People can go on about how it's a "title race" but even after today it's going to take a massive collapse from us not to win it.

Today was disappointing but people need to calm the fuck down and stop being drama queens.

How did you view hibs today mate?

I must say last season I thought they were the best footballing team in the league. But today I thought they were pretty poor.

They didn't come at us at the usual 100mph first 30 mins rampage they usually do. They scored a wonder goal and big wes made a howler.

They never really threatened and tbh they like us seemed a bit toothless up top.

I'd say that there's not a whole lot to fear from hibs.

I'd imagine a collapse from us could.let them in rather than them being world beaters

Totally agree. It's totally unrealistic to expect the team to play at the top of their game every week. No team does. IMO, teams are lucky to play really well 10-12 games over the season. Most of the time, you manage to get the win without hitting the heights. Key thing is to hit top form when it matters, when the prizes are being given out. Just like we did when we won the league in 2011.

(tu)

Only bit I would argue with is that it doesn't need to be a massive collapse. 5 points is nothing at this stage, especially considering we have still to play them twice.

My concern is their confidence will take a boost from this whilst ours will undoubtedly take a dent.

No reason to panic but also no reason to be complacent

I must say last season I thought they were the best footballing team in the league. But today I thought they were pretty poor.

They didn't come at us at the usual 100mph first 30 mins rampage they usually do. They scored a wonder goal and big wes made a howler.

They never really threatened and tbh they like us seemed a bit toothless up top.

I'd imagine a collapse from us could.let them in rather than them being world beaters

I'd agree with this. I mentioned in another thread we were arguably better today than we were in the 6-2 game. The 6-2 game they made a whirlwind start and bullied us for a good 30-40 mins. Thereafter we simply converted pretty much every chance we had. Today was totally different. They had fewer chances, we hit the woodwork twice, could have had two penalties, missed several clear cut chances, the made some great stops and on another day we could have won comfortably. We also bossed possession. Personally I don't think they can sustain their level of results but that's merely my opinion.

Going back to the OP I understand what you're saying but I think the players and management have already showed us what their made of. They have fight, hunger, character and are always positive with the ball. It just wasn't to be today. It is what is.

I do think we need another striker but regardless of who we bring in I still think we'll have games like today. No matter how great or prolific a striker you have you will always miss chances and you'll never get everything your own way. Even your Reals, Bayerns, Barca etc miss countless chances and leave themselves exposed at the back. I seen Barca against Rayo a few weeks back. Rayo had more possession at the Nou Camp, more corners and over 20 shots at goal. Barca however just happened to score 5 from very few shots on target (which included 2 pens ironically). That's an example of them conceding lots of chances and being lucky combined with being more clinical. They don't always score 5 every week though even when Messi is fit, alongside Neymar and Suarez.

In football, or any sport for that matter you need to cut out mistakes, be more clinical and you always need that bit of luck. It sounds so simple yet very few teams or sportsmen can achieve all 3 on a consistent basis.

Losing today was really disappointing but to go unbeaten all season was always going to be close to impossible. I'm still more than confident with everyone at the club and the direction we're going in.

McGinn was really good and Cummings is a handful but on the whole I didn't think much of them at all.

Like you said, last season they were a decent footballing side (and they might be every other week) but they seemed content to play like an away side today. Let us have the ball and try to nick a goal from a set piece or the break.

They are on a run just now, but this Hibs we are talking about. A team who are quite possibly the biggest bottle merchants in Scttish Football so I fully expect they will drop more daft points than we will over the course. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop points next week now because that's what teams with a small club mentality usually do.

said it yesterday that were going in the right direction but fuck all has been won yet (or lost) so no time to light up the cigars just yet