Challenge To Nathan Oduwa Part 1

saltire266

Well I'm a bit surprised with all the negative comments.

I thought this would be a good challenge for the player and help him push on and score { might score an important goal for us and help the team move on and also a charity at the same time}

I do donate the same as everybody else but a wee challenge to catch peoples imagination seemed like a wee idea.

Pat on the back etc -no thanks I don't thrive on such things. What I do thrive on is doing good for people that have given their all to enable me to have these chances which I use in return to help people rather than hover around threads like others and spout negative pish like what the tarries do.

Just had 3 years of spending time with my young family and I cant really afford it but as I said earlier you sometimes try to push the boat out and do something which helps.

RTID

With all due respect mate I seriously doubt telling a player you'll donate to charity if he scores a goal will have any impact on his performance. If it was that simple then the gaffer would be doing it every week.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice gesture to give a lot of money to a good charity however, I can't see Warbs taking Nathan to one side and telling him, right Nathan we have a fan who will give £500 to Erskine if you can score a goal so let's see what you can do,

1) Its a slap in the face to the player and kind of telling him he isn't trying just now to add goals to his game.

2) if you need an extra incentive to score goals you shouldn't be at the club.

Nice gesture though so just give them the candy and its job done.

Oduwa has been poor - another start yesterday and pulled yet again. i dont think this lad is working out as we hoped.

That's because the subs Warburton makes are incredibly predictable. If Oduwa starts next game he'll come off after 60 mins. If he doesn't start he'll come on after 60.

That's because the subs Warburton makes are incredibly predictable. If Oduwa starts next game he'll come off after 60 mins. If he doesn't start he'll come on after 60.

aren't most managers a bit predicatable in that respect? managers tend to give players 1 hour - even guys that are playing really poorly - the timing of the subs and the people getting subbed should have nothing to do with one another. Oduwa has been poor and deserved to get subbed before 60 mins yesterday.

IMHO he shouldn't be starting - he has not taken this chance with Rangers at all. If it wasn't for some failed football acrobatics he would barely be discussed. Its obvious that he is getting game time as part of the loan deal.

On another note - Strange that we only used 2 subs yesterday - maybe Aird or Clark would have been an option

aren't most managers a bit predicatable in that respect? managers tend to give players 1 hour - even guys that are playing really poorly - the timing of the subs and the people getting subbed should have nothing to do with one another. Oduwa has been poor and deserved to get subbed before 60 mins yesterday.

IMHO he shouldn't be starting - he has not taken this chance with Rangers at all. If it wasn't for some failed football acrobatics he would barely be discussed. Its obvious that he is getting game time as part of the loan deal.

On another note - Strange that we only used 2 subs yesterday - maybe Aird or Clark would have been an option

It's not the timing of it, it's that it's generally the same change that gets made after 60 minutes. Then around 80.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done mate, I ain't in it but guys like you and all who donate make us proud, I do donate when I see our veterans in the supermarket though.

Once again well done mate.

If you cant afford it let gb know mate, even a couple of quid would be appreciated if you could afford it