Rotten

Dan Deacon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Ball was awful today. Pass marks for Wallace & Halliday, the rest pretty poor day. Zel started well but faded badly and needs to pass ball firmer.

Really starting to bug me the way we seem to play our more offensive players on the wrong side of the park. It seems to prevent them hitting the bye line as they would need to cross with their 'bad' foot. Zel, Waggy and McKay in particular end up turning back and playing all our passes In front of the ops defence. I don't buy the cut inside and shoot pish. They rarely shoot.

We are so predictable. It's like watching the same game every week. That team will never cut it against better opposition. Morton done a St Johnstone job on us and so will all the others next season unless we up the quality of our team considerably.

We need to be able to mix it up. add a bit more steel in midfield and be direct at times. I like the good passing and movement and it's better than last year, but we are lacking the quality to take perfect the final ball or apply a better finish.

Today was a chance to increase the distance between us and Hibs...and we blew it. Only managed to watch parts of it, but it was though we've become stale - plus Greenock looked like they had definitely upped their game.

Maybe stating the obvious, but it's as though teams have changed and adapted to how we play - whilst we haven't, despite now continually dropping points.

Going long as we saw last season won't do the job either. In other news Barcelona drew with deportivo today.

Draws happen and so do losses but when aslong as I can see the progression we've made as a team then I can't bring myself to hammer the players. If we start being lethargic and brutally shite and losing then there's cause for concern

Only if Ball was to be play at RB, don't want Aird playing there. Thought Zelalem was good today, would drop McKay tbf.

Fuck that first one up ?

I agree about zelalem gets a lot of stick but he is a tidy player , disagree about McKay tho though he was one of your better players today and created a few chances just has to believe in himself a bit more

Id play Tav in midfield as he's a liability at the back.

I said this in the match thread but Tavernier needs someone in the right forward position that is going to help him. Wallace has McKay who covers him when he attacks and also tracks back and helps out Wallace defensively. Tavernier doesn't have that and he is expected to do all the attacking and defending on that side. I think this has a lot to do with why he has gone off the boil.

That was a pathetic defensive performance especially the last 10 mins, we know it is a weak area but it is regressing and this is not good enough. Most frustrating part is this lack of urgency around the box, no speed or penetration. Im losing patience with Zelalem and after Shiels performance against St mirren he should be starting.

This is league football. Results like this happen; especially at this time in the season. If we were not creating chances; if we were not playing well in parts; and if we were poorer than the opposition, then it would be a time to be concerned. There is pressure, especially when our nearest rivals have been on a great run, but we have shown enough to say we have what it takes to get promoted, and we are still three points ahead. If we win the next two games then we are in a strong position.

Going long as we saw last season won't do the job either. In other news Barcelona drew with deportivo today.

Draws happen and so do losses but when aslong as I can see the progression we've made as a team then I can't bring myself to hammer the players. If we start being lethargic and brutally shite and losing then there's cause for concern

What progress are you seeing?

We're a shadow of the team we were in August.