Forget The Early Season Hype, Our Squad Is Shite

Wawrinka

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King needs to provide funds to provide quality.

The squad isn't far away, but we are probably 3x quality players short of being comfortable in the championship.

We are probably 6-7 quality players short of a premier league winning squad.

This squad was assembled quickly and on a shoestring. Lack of depth and lack of options are showing

This is before taking into account Warburtons stubborness to sticking with plan A. However, I'm not even sure we have enough quality in depth to come up with a usuable plan B.

Great post (tu). We don't have a plan b, couldn't execute one if we did and I can't see investment, this is my worry.

Best plan b scenario - miller an waghorn up top,rigid defence and midfield pan their cunts in to get forward and back in support.

Solid back 4, 2 up top and agile midfield with scoring potential. This all men forward doesn't work, especially when we are not converting.

MW philosophy is about maximising the teams chances. Statistically that is best with possession in dangerous areas.

The majority lapped up the MW appointment, our style now is no surprise as it is exactly what we were promised. Giving up on our new philosophy after just 6 months is ludicrous.

How long are fans 'on here' willing to give any manager to implement his vision? 6 months or less?

Yes, we are in a run of bad form. That's what happens in league football to every team, every season. There's no reason I see right now to be kicking the toys out the pram. We will be improving in Jan, anyone saying we won't I guarantee said the same in May.

But, I've been in this position before on here and it's tedious. If people want to embrace the negativity that's up to them. But, IMO, if it leads to chasing MW and our new philosophy away then Rangers will be poorer for it. I hope the board stays strong and back their choice in the face of such panic 'on here'.

Not if they beat us 1-0 we won't. This isn't a blip, St Johnstone wasn't a blip, Livingston wasn't a blip or Morton. It's teams working us out and managing to nullify us and hit us on the counter.

Progressively getting worse week after week but dont panic it'll be alright in the end according to some on here.

There's a lot to be worked on, we are part of a rebuild and implementing a new philosophy at Rangers, it pisses me off seeing us squander chances and piss about with passes and set pieces but seeing that improvements have been made from years past still is what i want to see and with additions and tweaks it will get better, can't get it all right first time.

With that said the hibs game is a proper pressure game, the biggest one so far and certainly for many of the team and management.

They seriously need to show us what they're made of and prove they have what it takes, you don't get time at Rangers for bad results, we're not a normal club.

MW philosophy is about maximising the teams chances. Statistically that is best with possession in dangerous areas.

The majority lapped up the MW appointment, our style now is no surprise as it is exactly what we were promised. Giving up on our new philosophy after just 6 months is ludicrous.

How long are fans 'on here' willing to give any manager to implement his vision? 6 months or less?

Yes, we are in a run of bad form. That's what happens in league football to every team, every season. There's no reason I see right now to be kicking the toys out the pram. We will be improving in Jan, anyone saying we won't I guarantee said the same in May.

But, I've been in this position before on here and it's tedious. If people want to embrace the negativity that's up to them. But, IMO, if it leads to chasing MW and our new philosophy away then Rangers will be poorer for it. I hope the board stays strong and back their choice in the face of such panic 'on here'.

(tu)

People have demanded the sort of rebuild that we are undergoing now for years and at the first sign of teething problems people are showing signs of waving the white flag.

We aren't on a great run at the moment and the result today was poor but there was always going to be bumps in the road anybody who thought there wouldn't be are either being naive or they are downright stupid.

MW isn't perfect and he has a lot to learn - I think we need a plan b at times - but we knew that when we appointed him and the playing squad clearly needs investment so we have a better quality of player available to us which is something every poster on here would say and something that King, Murray & Warburton themselves have also said.

Reading here today is akin to reading the forum after some of the worst results we had under McCoist and things were infinitely worse then than they are now.

It's actually depressing as fuck.

Time for Mr King to get the cheque book at the ready. Our squad is paper thin and when some of them aren't playing with confidence there is no one to step into the breach.

We need serious investment if we are going to win the championship and be realistic contenders next year.

We are not playing well, but statistically we are bossing games.

It would be mad to give up on a philosophy. I like what Warburtons doing, but at the same time he likes to play too fluid, and I think we lack the quality to walk it into the net. Warburton is maybe stubborn with his philosophy, if I've a criticism.

We are playing a bit like a shoestring Arsenal of recent years, pretty play but lack of cutting edge.

The foundations there, but as said, we need more players of quality.

Yes, I agree we need more quality in CB, DM and CF, also wingers as well probably. But, that doesn't all need done in January.

We are in bad form, all teams go through a spell like this every season. No reason for the hysterical panic on here IMO.

How long do people think the likes of Arsenal, Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern etc needs to master their philosophy? It takes years, if not decades.

The fact is, IMO, many Rangers fans never wanted this style of football in the first place, despite demanding it for years, if they are getting cold feet over it after only 6 months.

There's a lot to be worked on, we are part of a rebuild and implementing a new philosophy at Rangers, it pisses me off seeing us squander chances and piss about with passes and set pieces but seeing that improvements have been made from years past still is what i want to see and with additions and tweaks it will get better, can't get it all right first time.

With that said the hibs game is a proper pressure game, the biggest one so far and certainly for many of the team and management.

They seriously need to show us what they're made of and prove they have what it takes, you don't get time at Rangers for bad results, we're not a normal club.

We take n game at a time and each game is the biggest. Most of this squad do not posses the ability nor character to apply MW's system. The oppo now have us well sussed and our players do not have the ability. You could name many, but three of our defenders today, were the epitome of it, again!

Time for Mr King to get the cheque book at the ready. Our squad is paper thin and when some of them aren't playing with confidence there is no one to step into the breach.

We need serious investment if we are going to win the championship and be realistic contenders next year.

Don't mention cheque FFS!

(tu)

People have demanded the sort of rebuild that we are undergoing now for years and at the first sign of teething problems people are showing signs of waving the white flag.

We aren't on a great run at the moment and the result today was poor but there was always going to be bumps in the road anybody who thought there wouldn't be are either being naive or they are downright stupid.

MW isn't perfect and he has a lot to learn - I think we need a plan b at times - but we knew that when we appointed him and the playing squad clearly needs investment so we have a better quality of player available to us which is something every poster on here would say and something that King, Murray & Warburton themselves have also said.

Reading here today is akin to reading the forum after some of the worst results we had under McCoist and things were infinitely worse then than they are now.

It's actually depressing as fuck.

(tu)

The problem seems to be our support (or at least on here anyway) are a shower of spoiled wee armchair managers who think they know better than everyone else. Anyone demanding change now after 3 years of demanding change should be laughed at and dismissed.

I doubt it's complacency, considering MW approach. However teams have adjusted to stifle our play, we need to address that and give them something else to worry about but it's certainly not the Armageddon situation going by the posts on here.

Get that defence sorted and we might have a chance. A bomb scare and if I never set eyes on Wilson again, I will die a happy man!

The atmosphere around rangers media seems to have changed over the last couple of months. It went from we have no competition in this league, we can start preparing for next season to Sack Warburton, our team is crap etc..........

This is why I never get to over confident about things until the job is done, I do agree though we do need at least a couple of million pounds in january to ensure we go up.

We need a couple of million pounds in January to win the league?? You mental?

For much of that game we were second to the ball; which was very frustrating. We need more character, and more players taking responsibility during a match. Nothing is going to land on our lap; we need to rise to this challenge, and prove we are better than the teams we are playing; which we undoubtedly are.

I think Warburton is on record as not favouring a large number of additions to the squad in Jan. 1 or 2 was (I think) the number he had in mind. If correct it tells me he thinks the squad as currently formed is pretty nearly good enough to win the league this season and the 1 or 2 extra provide additional comfort to the conviction that the current squad is good enough to do the job. He had (I think has been said) money to spend. King had said that something like he was prepared to over-invest to ensure winning the league this season. But Warburton made his choices and here we are with one more game to go this year against Hibs and on form (our poor form vs Hibs much better form) we could easily find ourselves starting 2016 in second spot. Quite easily.

How long then for Warburton if January became a continuation of that form? How long then before King and the Board get really really worried? What if Warburton's 1 or 2 in Jan are just fringe youngsters farmed out to Rangers to get some experience but are not actually the sort of players that can step in when needed to deliver in games that are championship-vital? The players and Warburton have done the same as last season - brought upon themselves a trial of their bottle. We know what happened last season - they all bottled it (players and all 3 managers). And they were all vastly more experienced than the current management team and squad.

Maybe its not one or two players who are needed in Jan. Maybe its more than that. Maybe need to think very hard about the manager too if come the end of Jan we find ourselves behind Hibs with not enough evidence that form and results can be found to win the league.

The penalty was fine - low and hard, the keeper did well to push it onto the post. But why, for a last min penalty in a game where there keeper has saved everything 2nd half, was there nobody running in to poke home the rebound. Every game I played I follow the ball in full pelt in case of a save. And I'm shite.

Not of a fan of the way the penalty was taken; left footer with no run up telegraphed where it was going.