Forget The Early Season Hype, Our Squad Is Shite

Wawrinka

We are still top of the league no matter what Hibs do today, When Hibs leave Ibrox next week we will still be top of the league.

A bit of perspective is needed.

We have had a bit of a blip we are still in pole position, look at this time last year, we had already given up on automatic promotion.

With a few additions in January we should kick on and wrap this title up.

Not if they beat us 1-0 we won't. This isn't a blip, St Johnstone wasn't a blip, Livingston wasn't a blip or Morton. It's teams working us out and managing to nullify us and hit us on the counter.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it's complacency, considering MW approach. However teams have adjusted to stifle our play, we need to address that and give them something else to worry about but it's certainly not the Armageddon situation going by the posts on here.

How exactly can you do that when MW said there is no other plan? Something else to worry about would be doing things differently, not doing the same thing and expecting different results.

How exactly can you do that when MW said there is no other plan? Something else to worry about would be doing things differently, not doing the same thing and expecting different results.

It's not black and white.

We don't need to completely change the managers philosophy after only 6 months. We need to adjust, not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

The people that said at the start of the campaign we would run away with this are now on slating the manager, those of us that said keep calm and wait and see what the winter months do to our small squad are still the ones who show restraint.

We are a better side than Hibs and will show that on the 28th ..

Now all have a nice Christmas and keep believing.

The atmosphere around rangers media seems to have changed over the last couple of months. It went from we have no competition in this league, we can start preparing for next season to Sack Warburton, our team is crap etc..........

This is why I never get to over confident about things until the job is done, I do agree though we do need at least a couple of million pounds in january to ensure we go up.

Not if they beat us 1-0 we won't. This isn't a blip, St Johnstone wasn't a blip, Livingston wasn't a blip or Morton. It's teams working us out and managing to nullify us and hit us on the counter.

I'm confident we will beat Hibs at Ibrox. I don't think we should rip up the philosophy Mark Warburton is implementing just because of 2 defeats in the league, Still alot of Football to be played. My only criticism of Warburton would be not enough younger Scottish players like Hardie getting a chance.

Said before the game we wouldn't win in

Said before the game why are shiels and Wilson playing,both get subbed

Nicky Clark why?

Warburton hasn't a clue defensively,

Law should have started

tav is poor,shiels does fuck all

Waghorn should never have taken the pen knew he would miss he's been shite for weeks

Said at half time Falkirk would score again,

It's so fucking predictable,another big game lost,the opposing managers must be creasing themselves ,Everyman and his dog

Knows how to play against us,beaten by a pub team

What's the lottery numbers mate...

Whats worrying me is that we have players still at the club that failed last season

Miller , Clarke and our captain (who goes missing )

Lee wallace is hit and miss and never a captain otherwise he would have had a word with the backline

or the manager and assistant that there is problems .

Eustace would have solved part of the problem but ur luck didnt happen

Also letting our best defender darren mc gregor our player of the season leave

is coming back to bte us on the bum.

Said before the game we wouldn't win in

Said before the game why are shiels and Wilson playing,both get subbed

Nicky Clark why?

Warburton hasn't a clue defensively,

Law should have started

tav is poor,shiels does fuck all

Waghorn should never have taken the pen knew he would miss he's been shite for weeks

Said at half time Falkirk would score again,

It's so fucking predictable,another big game lost,the opposing managers must be creasing themselves ,Everyman and his dog

Knows how to play against us,beaten by a pub team

Hi mystic meg,what's tonight's lottery numbers?

Warburton had to contend with rebuilding almost from scratch. 14 players out and 10 arriving. To get them to gel quickly is a very difficult thing to do. He also can't tweak the squad until January and even then he will be restricted by his budget. How many reallyu good players would come to us in the 2nd tier? Warburton has work to do that is definite but we need to calm down a bit at this time. When we lost (unluckily) to Hibs we were 5 points ahead. We were careless against both Livingston and Morton which cost us 4 points but the difference between this season and last season is that we should have won these games by half time. Last season we were lucky to get draws.

More likely sitting in your bath in Fife, or some other shite hole.

Says the guy from Coatbridge! I'm still travelling back from the game,after driving ,getting on a ferry at 8am ,driving again

Then doing it all in reverse,just to see the gers,as I do every week,did u enjoy the TVs coverage?

Says the guy from Coatbridge! I'm still travelling back from the game,after driving ,getting on a ferry at 8am ,driving again

Then doing it all in reverse,just to see the gers,as I do every week,did u enjoy the TVs coverage?

What do you want? A gold star?

TV coverage was shite,I had the volume up full to hear any sectarian singing so I could get offended and report it.

I said it about 4 weeks ago and was laughed at. We don't have a good squad at all, there's nothing on the bench to excite you. We have better players than Hibs but they have a far stronger squad.

Warburton is great manager, no doubt about it. But he's looking out his depth at the minute, he needs to adapt to the situation of being Rangers manager, it's not Brentford anymore. You win games or you don't stay here, simple

Agree with most of what you say except "MW is a great manager" I think that has yet to be proved. I think a great manager can adapt to changes and make changes during the game, over the last couple of months since the St. Johnstone game teams are setting about us and it would appear we don't have the answer or is it the bottle. Maybe we are lacking the physic we are being pushed and shoved all over the park with no reply, we need to toughen up.

I'm a MW supporter and wish him success, but I think it was underestimated the job that has to be done.

Mark Warburton hasn't made too many mistakes, however I think he made a mistake a few months ago when he criticised the side even after winning 3-0 against Livingston.I don't know if the early season form declined after that, but did it help? This is a young squad where winning breeds confidence, and in hindsight he may have done that differently. There is a great deal of responsibility on the players to get the club promoted this season, and it is evident that the pressure is getting to some of them, particularly in front of goal. I think we need a couple seasoned players, preferably one of them would be a CDM, and another would be a striker. Other than that we need to prove that we can win, even when we play badly, and get our confidence back.

There's literally 3 players maximum in this squad who are good enough to challenge for the SPL title

Short of a £10 million rebuilding job, we're going to be (at best) a team challenging for the top 6 of the SPL every year and maybe being in Europe once every 4 years or so

The squad has potential,the tactics are wrong.

There's literally 3 players maximum in this squad who are good enough to challenge for the SPL title

Short of a £10 million rebuilding job, we're going to be (at best) a team challenging for the top 6 of the SPL every year and maybe being in Europe once every 4 years or so

Who are the 3? I don't count any. It's been a woeful start to our rebuild. Thankfully it's not cost us as much as Allys rebuild.