• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said before the game we wouldn't win in

Said before the game why are shiels and Wilson playing,both get subbed

Nicky Clark why?

Warburton hasn't a clue defensively,

Law should have started

tav is poor,shiels does fuck all

Waghorn should never have taken the pen knew he would miss he's been shite for weeks

Said at half time Falkirk would score again,

It's so fucking predictable,another big game lost,the opposing managers must be creasing themselves ,Everyman and his dog

Knows how to play against us,beaten by a pub team

There's literally 3 players maximum in this squad who are good enough to challenge for the SPL title

Short of a £10 million rebuilding job, we're going to be (at best) a team challenging for the top 6 of the SPL every year and maybe being in Europe once every 4 years or so

What makes you qualified to assess how many players are capable of stepping up for a title challenge in the SPFL premiership next season?

£10 million rebuild? Where did you get that figure from? You're just throwing a number out there now.

I wish I had predicted a loss this morning so i could come on here giving it the big yin.

I hope I've picked up the tone of this post correctly but too right.

It's as if some "Rangers fans" want us to fail just so they can say, "Ah telt yeez".

People need to have a word with themselves.

It's as if some "Rangers fans" want us to fail just so they can say, "Ah telt yeez".

You know it could just be people reacting to a slump in form that has seen us lose 10 points out of 21. The same problems and mistakes, some of which were highlighted on the opening day of the season, happening over and over again with no sign of being addressed. Rangers and Hibs are far better than the other teams in this league. If we lose against them it makes the title theirs to lose and at a time where we look more likely to drop points than them.

You know it could just be people reacting to a slump in form that has seen us lose 10 points out of 21. The same problems and mistakes, some of which were highlighted on the opening day of the season, happening over and over again with no sign of being addressed. Rangers and Hibs are far better than the other teams in this league. If we lose against them it makes the title theirs to lose and at a time where we look more likely to drop points than them.

Criticism is fine at this moment in time but some people seem to be taking pleasure from our dip in form, like they predicteed it and now somehow their opinion matters more than others.

Nonsense that if we lose against Hibs next week it's their title to lose. Just the same as if we win it won't be our title to lose. Both teams play each other again and a 3 point margin isn't very large when there is still so much of the season to go.

Also I wouldn't say we look more likely than them to drop points at the moment. Neither team will be going in to next weeks game in blistering form. I will admit that I haven't watched their games but looking at their results they struggled to get a victory yesterday and it took a 90th minute winner for them to take all three points. Same goes for last week. They got a 90th minute equaliser (albeit with 10 men) to spare their blushes.

Personally next week can't come quick enough for me. We're a better team with a better manager. Next Monday will prove that.

Criticism is fine at this moment in time but some people seem to be taking pleasure from our dip in form, like they predicteed it and now somehow their opinion matters more than others.

Nonsense that if we lose against Hibs next week it's their title to lose. Just the same as if we win it won't be our title to lose. Both teams play each other again and a 3 point margin isn't very large when there is still so much of the season to go.

Also I wouldn't say we look more likely than them to drop points at the moment. Neither team will be going in to next weeks game in blistering form. I will admit that I haven't watched their games but looking at their results they struggled to get a victory yesterday and it took a 90th minute winner for them to take all three points. Same goes for last week. They got a 90th minute equaliser (albeit with 10 men) to spare their blushes.

Personally next week can't come quick enough for me. We're a better team with a better manager. Next Monday will prove that.

You see folk on here taking pleasure in our dip in form? Care to quote those comments that allude to that?

As for nonsense about it being theirs to lose- momentum would be firmly with them. All they would have to do is match our results, we would need to better theirs. Advantage them and imo as league leaders would be theirs to lose.

We all hope that we win on Monday but the frustration and concern is that for over a month we've been shit and despite inquests, team talks, time on the training field and all our resources still nothing is sparking improvement. Wish I could see logic in your optimism but don't. I wonder if we have the bottle.

And those predicting 6 nil wins are uber fans who come out with the shit about us lowering standards/expectations, arrogance, and lack of awareness about where we as a team and club actually are.

Ffs lads calm down a bit! It's not a great run were on granted but our bad patch will end as will hibs purple patch!

What I would say is we need a couple of decent signings in January and I'd let zelalem and Oduwa go as I think this club is too big a step for them at their age! I'd recall Murdoch and gasparatto! Also play Walsh and hardie a bit more to see if they can step up! WATP!!

You see folk on here taking pleasure in our dip in form? Care to quote those comments that allude to that?

I said there seems to be. Tongue in cheek with the word pleasure but there's a definite "I told ye so" and "look I was right" attitude amongst some. Forum is littered with examples but as requested here is what I'm talking about from the first page of this thread alone.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=290203#entry1063031222

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=290203#entry1063031335

As for nonsense about it being theirs to lose- momentum would be firmly with them. All they would have to do is match our results, we would need to better theirs. Advantage them and imo as league leaders would be theirs to lose.

No shit. Yes advantage would be theirs but how some can say the league would be theirs to lose when there is only a 3 point gap at the half way stage is just plain stupid. I will say the same if we go 3 points in front.

We all hope that we win on Monday but the frustration and concern is that for over a month we've been shit and despite inquests, team talks, time on the training field and all our resources still nothing is sparking improvement. Wish I could see logic in your optimism but don't. I wonder if we have the bottle.

The logic behind my optimism is that we're not the only ones going through a dip right now. Hibs have been carrying a lot of luck which will even itself out eventually. The current league table tells you who the better team are. Us by a whisker.

And those predicting 6 nil wins are uber fans who come out with the shit about us lowering standards/expectations, arrogance, and lack of awareness about where we as a team and club actually are.

Why is that post relevant to my post which you quoted?

It's mind numbing on here.

After 3 years of demanding we play football a certain way, this forum is full of panic threads because we haven't mastered a philosophy in 6 months that has taken other clubs decades to master.

I feel as though we've been transported back in time on this forum. It's not so easy for me to ignore the clear, and significant, progression we have made in such a short space of time from those days. People said winning wasn't enough, we needed style, well we're implementing that style now.

Yes, we have issues to work on but this hysteria on here is maddening.

Agreed!

Some folk think 'all' you need to do to win games is press high and keep the ball on the ground! We now have a philosophy - we need to remain patient while that comes to fruition - which is in 2/3 seasons not 2-3 games. Ffs MW hasn't even had a transfer window yet! Also we are top of the league but the manic merchants on here do like a good moan - also a testing period like this will tell us much more about MW than winning 4-5 nil each week. Patience and belief is called for but we ain't a patient support and our belief system is fragile.

Ffs!

Do you remember the shite we have had to watch in the last few seasons?

Nobody is saying this squad are the finished article, it is however a work in progress.

The most important thing is promotion, next season (and whatever the squad looks like) will take care of itself.

i think now that players like tavenier keirnan and waghorn are showing why they could not get a regular game in a team like wigan they all started well for us but have struggled recently keirnan and tavenier were awful today along with wilson and waghorns first touch was poor he is far better out wide. i know my comments will not be popular but thats why we got these players so cheap

While there are always exceptions, these days, you normally get what you pay for.