Would You Have Taken This Position Pre-Season?

DennyBlueNose

You need to look at where we've come from, there have been massive strides made in getting us back to the top. This was never going to be easy but from what I've seen so far I'm still happy, of course I want more but that doesn't mean we can't be pleased with the progress.

I agree but we can't keep using that line when we stop performing and need to improve or else we never will.

If we keep on saying "ah but it's still not as bad as McCoist" then we have no ambition and go backwards even more.

Anyone who knows anything about football or any successful manager will tell you need to improve when you are at the top of your game to keep one step ahead. It's not being a bad supporter to criticise and demand more.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to look at where we've come from, there have been massive strides made in getting us back to the top. This was never going to be easy but from what I've seen so far I'm still happy, of course I want more but that doesn't mean we can't be pleased with the progress.

Where we've came from? We're Rangers!

I don't get this taig thing leveled at him. He's just calling it as he see's it ... even if it sounds negative and harsh. Should be respected even if you don't agree. There's loads of taigs on here - I honestly doubt he's one of them.

I'm sorry, but to liken our position just now to where we were under McCoist last year is absolutely taig like behaviour, and its also factually nonsense.

Anyone who posts that shite doesn't deserve respect and should be rightfully derided; it's an absolute arsehole of an opinion posted by an absolute arsehole.

Clinical football not necessarily shooting. Crisp passing, players making better decisions etc.

I'm not panicking, and it's night and day compared to last year.

But it's time folk stopped treating hivees as if their challenge is shit on our shoe, as they did with Herts last year.

Yes signings would help.

My big concern though is that week on week we are talking about what's needed, that we know and train on what we need to do. Yet they players aren't doing it for themselves the gaffer or us. What spark is needed? Where is the evidence that it's not just talk?

Huge few weeks ahead. Huge.

I dont think the Hearts situation was the same tho, from early on the looked a much better team than us. Hibs don't, they are our closest challengers but they don't have a hope in hell of running away with this league. They'll drop more points, we just need to make sure we capitalise. They were a bawhair away from losing last week and only scrapped a 1-0 victory today.

You're right, next is going to be huge for us. Who cares about Christmas, it's all about that game for me.

Aye I wished so much we were level on points with those junkies at Christmas.

FFS when did we start to settle for this pish as Rangers fans.

No one's settling mate, I just want to put it into perspective. I would rather not be level with those tramps either but we are where we are and it's a whole lot better than last season.

They'll drop more points, we just need to make sure we capitalise. They were a bawhair away from losing last week and only scrapped a 1-0 victory today.

I know they'll drop points but for me it's not about us capitalising, it's seriously about whether we can drop fewer. We're rotten just now. The junkies are on similar form to Hertz last year and yet so many are arrogantly dismissive.

And if we were grinding out the points they are we would say it was the mark of champions.

I still reckon we'll win the league, but only if something changes significantly and immediately in what we're doing otherwise we're in for a battle I don't know if we have the bottle for.

Tied level with Hibs at Xmas. No. It's disgraceful, an embarrassment on a par with Allys reign. £7m wage bill and hundreds of thousands spent on players. We should have been well out of sight. This is the Scottish 2nd Division, not the fucking Bundesliga.

at the end of the day apart from the loss to them, how is Hibs position in the leage any reflection on our league position, this is folk looking for negaitivty imo, its undeniable that we are in a better position as a team and a club than last season, Wabuton isnt perfect but comparing him to last seasons management team is ridiculous

I agree but we can't keep using that line when we stop performing and need to improve or else we never will.

If we keep on saying "ah but it's still not as bad as McCoist" then we have no ambition and go backwards even more.

Anyone who knows anything about football or any successful manager will tell you need to improve when you are at the top of your game to keep one step ahead. It's not being a bad supporter to criticise and demand more.

That's not the point I was trying to make mate, fuck sake we could hardly have gotten worse.

My point is Warburton's taken us so far in a short space of time that I think he's the man to take us the rest of the way

no not at all, we should be well in front in this league, Mr Warburton says we have world class facilities, we have a greater budget than others in the league, we have a support 2nd to none , to have dropped 10 points and were not even at Christmas is very poor indeed.

Op would you have took this position when going into November we had the chance to go 11points clear now come the end of December we could be 3behind

But we're not 3 points behind. Of course I wouldn't have wanted that but the title is decided over the season not in a month.

But we're not 3 points behind. Of course I wouldn't have wanted that but the title is decided over the season not in a month.

I think we will win this league with a bit to spare in the end. However should we get beat next week that's a 11 point swing in 7 weeks whatever is wrong needs fixed asap

Before a ball was kicked I thought we'd be ahead. Now? Disappointed to say the least but that's because we had this won a few months ago if we'd beat the junkies away. We've pissed points away now we're back to square one.

A lot of talk about training well all week and posters on walls about sending fans home happy, inquests........ Finger out arse time. Posters don't win games!

I know they'll drop points but for me it's not about us capitalising, it's seriously about whether we can drop fewer. We're rotten just now. The junkies are on similar form to Hertz last year and yet so many are arrogantly dismissive.

And if we were grinding out the points they are we would say it was the mark of champions.

I still reckon we'll win the league, but only if something changes significantly and immediately in what we're doing otherwise we're in for a battle I don't know if we have the bottle for.

Dropping fewer would be capatilizing, we'll drop points along the way I'm sure so it may well come down to our games against them. That's why next week is such a massive game for us, the biggest of Warburton's Rangers career.

No one else in the league will come close to either of us, it will end with a Rangers/Celtic type scenario where we're both miles ahead of the chasing pack. I have very faith we'll come out in top but I'm under no illusions, it's going to be a slog and we will need bottle but I believe we've got it.

Football is a funny old game, games are won and lost on dodgy decisions and missed penalties like today but over the season the best team wins, with a few choice buys in January we will have what it takes.

Let's face it, everyone thought we were going to walk it a few weeks ago. Still think we will end up on top, but it was nice to have that gap so we could all relax a bit.

Maybe most would have taken this position at the start of the season, but anyone who is relaxed about losing that lead is kidding themselves.

I don't see money getting splashed so this lot need to get their fingers out.

Today was a shock to me that we our defence was a shambles -

yet we have davie weir watching

So no matter how good as a player he isnt able to coach our center backs to do the right things

Our defence from full backs to centre defence are a liability - he cant play but he can offer how not to do it.

Brian clough in his time coached nottingham forest built his team from the back not to concede

My point is time we have to change the players to defend first and stay PUT in our own half

and stop being such an easy touch for the opposition.

Maybe we need to play tight and counter attack change our style

as the way we play isnt working

That's not the point I was trying to make mate, fuck sake we could hardly have gotten worse.

My point is Warburton's taken us so far in a short space of time that I think he's the man to take us the rest of the way

I think he's the man to take us forward, too. But I just hate the "look where we were last year" excuse.

I am going to start using the "look where we were 2/3 months ago line" back.

We need to improve and by that I don't mean spending money in January I mean tweeking things.

Let's face it, everyone thought we were going to walk it a few weeks ago

See that's not the case. Have chirped on about Hivees being better than us and missing glaring chances before we won at start of season. About St Mirren being a penalty miss away from taking points (imo likely 3) off us. About QoS being too strong for us until Lyle was wrongly sent off.

On the whole these have been ignored due to arrogance. The same arrogance that doesn't respect Hivees form and see it as a genuine threat.

Seems at last folk are waking up to the fact that we're in a battle and nothing is guaranteed. It's ours to win. Unless we get our fingers out on Monday it could be hivees to lose.

No.

We'd a great flurry of goals early on, got a strong position, then coughed it up.

And Hivs let in fewer goals than us.

The 4 & 5 goal wins from earlier on are, with the odd exception, a distant memory.

Teams have had a look at us, realised what it takes & adapted.

We're carrying on with a very one dimensional approach, which has been rumbled, yet we won't adapt (MW's own words - we work harder at Plan A).

Arrogant to the nth degree.

And before anybody tries to come back at me on that, just remember that MW used to be a city trader.

I can assure anybody that these people are amongst the most arrogant on the planet.

I think he's the man to take us forward, too. But I just hate the "look where we were last year" excuse.

I am going to start using the "look where we were 2/3 months ago line" back.

We need to improve and by that I don't mean spending money in January I mean tweeking things.

Definitely need to 'tweek' things but I also believe we need to bring in a couple of new faces in key positions, it's been said a lot but we need a defensive mid and if we can add another striker to take the load of Waghorn it wouldn't be a bad thing either.

No point on adding squad players tho, we need a couple of regular starters. In my opinion we need a character in there that's going to grab the younger boys by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the line, metaphorically speaking.

Definitely need to 'tweek' things but I also believe we need to bring in a couple of new faces in key positions, it's been said a lot but we need a defensive mid and if we can add another striker to take the load of Waghorn it wouldn't be a bad thing either.

No point on adding squad players tho, we need a couple of regular starters. In my opinion we need a character in there that's going to grab the younger boys by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the line, metaphorically speaking.

Or literally. Whatever works.