Would You Have Taken This Position Pre-Season?

DennyBlueNose

Certainly can't afford many more slip ups!

Hibs are notorious bottlers, so be interesting to see what they've got when the pressure really cranks up.

That said, we're untested, so it's anybody's guess how we'll cope.

It's not a given that we will beat hibs but that will not mean we have lost the league! ( although I dread to think of the reaction on here) but over the piece I believe MW will show his real worth and that will be a league win! Then onwards and upwards next season.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HG5" post="1063032711" timestamp="1450575218"

Teams have had a look at us, realised what it takes & adapted.

We're carrying on with a very one dimensional approach, which has been rumbled, yet we won't adapt (MW's own words - we work harder at Plan A).

Arrogant to the nth degree.

And before anybody tries to come back at me on that, just remember that MW used to be a city trader.

I can assure anybody that these people are amongst the most arrogant on the planet.

What happened to Warbs team last year in the English 2nd Division? Didn't they start strong and the drop points in the end to miss promotion?

Would always see us top,strange thing to ask ?? The epl proves you can't buy success,(ebt or whatever) this is not news,unless your taking the piss or pished ? It's about strong team and management?it's about history and commitment and taking our club forward.

We welcome the chase

:shifty:

Given the short time in which W&W had to assemble a team then of course I would have taken this at the start of the season.

Having said that, our current form concerns me, and given it would appear that Hibs will be running us close, we can't afford to be dropping points, even if our forms improves again. The damage could be done by that point.

Yes. Should have been a bigger lead but our form has certainly shaded off late. However, that was always going to happen, important thing is to hit top form when it really matters - in March/April.

More worrying is our continued failure to take the big chances. Against Hibs, Morton and Falkirk we had golden opportunities to score late on and didn't convert. Even worse, the chances were missed by the two players you would have backed to score. When you consider that Hibs scraped results with last minute goals in their last two games, that's a big turn round in points. Small margins indeed. We have to start making these big moments count in our favour as the season goes on.

Confidence seem to have taken a dent following the Hibs game, a victory this time round and a gap should help restore some of that.

The whole season we've been missing glaring chances but it didn't matter as much as we were usually 2-3 ahead. We need to be far more clinical as we're creating less as the teams learn to contain us, as you say that's why we need to make the most of the opportunities that do cone our way.

Would always see us top,strange thing to ask ?? The epl proves you can't buy success,(ebt or whatever) this is not news,unless your taking the piss or pished ? It's about strong team and management?it's about history and commitment and taking our club forward.

We welcome the chase

Strange thing to reference, what the fuck have EBTs got to do with this debate? Your point doesn't make any sense, the EPL proves that you can buy success, you just need to look at Man City and Chelsea to see that it doesn't guarantee it but it certainly helps....a lot! Just because Leicester are top just now doesn't make your point valid.

Don't think because you used a slogan we once had it masks what you actually are, away crawl back wherever you came from Timothy

I would have taken being in the lead of the Championship before the start of the season, but I wouldn't have taken a performance like that last match at any time. That was the worst we have played in my opinion. It is now up to the players to assume more collective responsibility to put matters right; starting with this next match. It is time they showed the early form, and proved how good they actually are.

What happened to Warbs team last year in the English 2nd Division? Didn't they start strong and the drop points in the end to miss promotion?

Had a great run in November & December that took them up to third, but had a bit of an uneven end to the season, winning only 7 of their last 16 games to scrape into the play-offs on goal difference.

It's not a given that we will beat hibs but that will not mean we have lost the league! ( although I dread to think of the reaction on here) but over the piece I believe MW will show his real worth and that will be a league win! Then onwards and upwards next season.

Indeed - far too early to say that & much will depend on who strengthens & where.

Going to be interesting, to say the least!

Last season thought it would be really difficult - could see Ally was going to majorly struggle - and thought Hearts would be a real threat when many were saying we'd have the league sewn up by Christmas. Ironically enough, turned out the other way around, though never thought we'd be as awful as we actually were.

This season, must say the Edinburgh mob have surprised me in how consistent they have been. Didn't expect them to have as many points at this stage and at the moment its just as well for our early season form. We only have ourselves to blame, however, as the gap we had should have been consolidated at the least to give us a decent cushion going into this upcoming game.

the only reason people would take this current situation is because the last 3 years have been fucking abysmal, the fact is we are massively overspending to be sitting joint top dropping points to shite teams at home

I hate to bring it up again,but did Ally not piss away £18m or a similar figure on wages for that shower of shite?

I hate to bring it up again,but did Ally not piss away £18m or a similar figure on wages for that shower of shite?

yup, but it doesnt take away from the fact that we are still easily spending the most in this league, by a considerable amount no doubt

Massively overspending lol

Geez piece

we are, and plan on doing so even more in January seemingly

as much as warburton has done a massive job fixing allys leftover mess, dropping 20% of our points so far is quite poor

Tell you what .On Monday ,we are going to, have to be much better than them .If it's a close one .I'm absolutely certain we will get done with some dodgy refereeing decisions . It's a massive game so my bet is ,they send in the cunt that usually gives us fuck all . Craigy buoy Thomson

Schooled by St Johnstone, dropping points at home to Morton and away to Livingston is unacceptable...

I thought we were unlucky at Hibs..

Saturday, the twenty minutes at start if second half was just absolutely shocking..

Our team badly lacks leadership..

Completely agree but doesn't mean there aren't reasons to be optimistic for this season and the future

Honestly I would have expected to blitz the league this year after last years failings, on the basis of the size of club, manangement team who are regarded highly and on the fact that we had spent more money on players than Hivs had. I will be bitterly dissappointed if we dont go up this year against a shite Hivs team who are riding there luck by quite some distance.

We definately need strengthened to ensure we win the title, I would also hope we spend money on quality players to go up. It doesnt guarantee us promotion but it gives us a much better chance than relying on players that are free. It would also give us that foundation to bed players in for next season or the playoffs if we end up going that route, we definately need more competition for places because looking at the bench it doesn't fill me with great optimism, it would be good to have players come on and cause all sorts of problems.

Plus I am sick of teams saying we have no money, they wont spend a penny in january etc........

That will just put that to bed.

Honestly I would have expected to blitz the league this year after last years failings, on the basis of the size of club, manangement team who are regarded highly and on the fact that we had spent more money on players than Hivs had. I will be bitterly dissappointed if we dont go up this year against a shite Hivs team who are riding there luck by quite some distance.

We definately need strengthened to ensure we win the title, I would also hope we spend money on quality players to go up. It doesnt guarantee us promotion but it gives us a much better chance than relying on players that are free. It would also give us that foundation to bed players in for next season or the playoffs if we end up going that route, we definately need more competition for places because looking at the bench it doesn't fill me with great optimism, it would be good to have players come on and cause all sorts of problems.

Plus I am sick of teams saying we have no money, they wont spend a penny in january etc........

That will just put that to bed.

I still expect us to 'blitz' the league, in my eyes this is just a bit of a wobble and the players will learn from it. We, as fans, need to keep our cool and get behind the team.

A sold out Ibrox at full voice will spur our players on and show that mob who they're up against. Maybe it's the optimist in me but I expect a comforable-ish win on Monday, 2-0 or maybe 3-1 but completely controlling the game.

The league still has a long way to go, we need to be more clinical, ruthless and learn to attack without comprising the defence. A couple of quality signings in January should help give us that push to open up a gap, I'd like to see a strong sitting midfielder brought in to coordinate things, someone with experience at a high level, I trust that Warburton will do that after the Eustace situation.

Also I don't think there's room for any other young loanees coming to learn their trade unless some current ones go back to their parent clubs.

I don't think this season is going to a complete walk over but I expect them to be playing catch up the whole way and the league won with a few games to spare.

I still expect us to 'blitz' the league, in my eyes this is just a bit of a wobble and the players will learn from it. We, as fans, need to keep our cool and get behind the team.

A sold out Ibrox at full voice will spur our players on and show that mob who they're up against. Maybe it's the optimist in me but I expect a comforable-ish win on Monday, 2-0 or maybe 3-1 but completely controlling the game.

The league still has a long way to go, we need to be more clinical, ruthless and learn to attack without comprising the defence. A couple of quality signings in January should help give us that push to open up a gap, I'd like to see a strong sitting midfielder brought in to coordinate things, someone with experience at a high level, I trust that Warburton will do that after the Eustace situation.

Also I don't think there's room for any other young loanees coming to learn their trade unless some current ones go back to their parent clubs.

I don't think this season is going to a complete walk over but I expect them to be playing catch up the whole way and the league won with a few games to spare.

(tu)(tu)(tu)

Top post mate ........ I am of the same thoughts as yourself.

:uk: