Statement

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lie because you know fine well that can't happen due to the liability rule that the clubs voted on meaning we can't be punished for the actions of our fans.

So that's alright then, sing away is it, fuck the perception of what our club is & stands for .. inclusion, open welcome to all, well, except ..

A simple question "Do you think it's fine that the support sing a song that will harm the club?"

Ignore what about the others, look to ourselves .. is it ok?

It was mibi the cheer up Alan stubbs song that was more "offensive". Billy boys waw brilliant. The club or the authorities can't do anything if the words are changed. I hope it gets belted out next game regardless but with the 'F' word not in it.

No we want the club to stand up to these made up stories.

The Billy boys is not and never was sectarian so they say it's offensive.

I'm offended by that, so who is getting charged with offending me and 10's of thousands of Rangers fans? Or does the law state we are not allowed to be offended?

Well that's how fucking daft it is, just like you saying we want the club to get points deducted.

Time to stand up man, women and child as if this happened to any other race of creed it would not be tolerated.

All this from fans of a club steeped in child abuse and pro Nazi singing during the war, remember they got their ground shut because of it, the only football ground closed in the full of the U.K.

They can fine me, they can jail me but they won't dictate to me in a country where freedom of speech is wildly excepted.

Good post, if there's any arrests for this token or otherwise is a disgrace ! These tramps have changed our way of life and we are accepting it ? Fuck Right Off ! David Murray sold us down the river and if wee Murray carries on his legacy he can Fuck Right Off annaw!

Regardless of what the general feelings of the fans are, the club is bound to follow the laws of the land. The law states that particular songs are banned and as such singing these will get our club in trouble. The choice is simple, defend the club or sing songs that are deemed in law to be effectively illegal.

This is nothing to to with cowardice, it's purely being pragmatic. Sing the songs if you want but not at games, home or away. Because we will get punished and we have to be seen to whiter than white.

We are the only fans who are ever punished or highlighted, this normally happens after a Rangers victory.

A proper lawyer would rip holes in there vague sectarian laws written on the back of a celtic view.

There are far too many in our support who simply fail to understand the consequences for Rangers Football Club by the continuing singing of songs/chants which are now deemed by Scots Law and UEFA as offensive/sectarian/racist. There is no use in demanding that RFC does something about the situation as there is simply nothing the club can do. It has gone far beyond what anyone at RFC can do.

I will now predict that new legislation will be brought into being at the SPFL and SFA whereby severe punishments are introduced starting with stiff financial fines then closure of stands then points deductions.

As a club, we have no power at either the SFA or the SPFL. If we had a united fan base then we could possibly ensure we have a level playing field where other clubs are similarly punished but we still have disparate groups. The current board have all but abandoned the Fans Board which could and should have been used as the vehicle to unite the groups. No matter though, there is no way that any group will get the likes of TBB approved. It is either change the words or it is banished forever to history.

All the keyboard bashing, gnashing of teeth or accusations of cowardice from our fans who can't face reality will change nothing and continuing to sing or chant will only hurt Rangers.

Groundhog Day.

As I said before, it is a stick they will always try to beat us with, and it is a stick we will always throw in the air.

Regardless of the legalities or politics involved in singing TBB, I can see very few ways of changing this.

I could go on about the songs history, its relevance, its connections to our support and club, but would have no effect on those in charge in the current political climate, and the obsessive destructive media...

Short of literally taking it out on the street away from our club and having a massive crowd singing it, seeing what happens and taking it from there (would be an interesting test case) I have no idea how we get round this, which is why i despair.

There are far too many in our support who simply fail to understand the consequences for Rangers Football Club by the continuing singing of songs/chants which are now deemed by Scots Law and UEFA as offensive/sectarian/racist. There is no use in demanding that RFC does something about the situation as there is simply nothing the club can do. It has gone far beyond what anyone at RFC can do.

I will now predict that new legislation will be brought into being at the SPFL and SFA whereby severe punishments are introduced starting with stiff financial fines then closure of stands then points deductions.

As a club, we have no power at either the SFA or the SPFL. If we had a united fan base then we could possibly ensure we have a level playing field where other clubs are similarly punished but we still have disparate groups. The current board have all but abandoned the Fans Board which could and should have been used as the vehicle to unite the groups. No matter though, there is no way that any group will get the likes of TBB approved. It is either change the words or it is banished forever to history.

All the keyboard bashing, gnashing of teeth or accusations of cowardice from our fans who can't face reality will change nothing and continuing to sing or chant will only hurt Rangers.

I expect Strict Liability to be brought to the table .. again.

It's been threatened a few times, it will be brought in & then watch the punishments happen for similar outbursts

So that's alright then, sing away is it, fuck the perception of what our club is & stands for .. inclusion, open welcome to all, well, except ..

A simple question "Do you think it's fine that the support sing a song that will harm the club?"

Harm the club in what way? I've already told you we can't be fined, points deducted or closed stadium because of it while playing in Scotland.

Reputation? in the eyes of who? the clubs and fans who wanted us dead? and the footballing media? haha ... you honestly care about them and want to side with them and give them credit to what they think about us? that says more about you than I ever could.

Except people who condone harboring child rapists and support organizations that terrorize communities regardless of their religious affiliations.

Spot on ACE.

Great post.

It was mibi the cheer up Alan stubbs song that was more "offensive". Billy boys waw brilliant. The club or the authorities can't do anything if the words are changed. I hope it gets belted out next game regardless but with the 'F' word not in it.

I dont think the Jason Cummings paedophile song from the union bears was exactly pc

If this new legislation get's brought in then yeah - all of what you have said above (and what Ace has said) will hold water - but until then it doesn't.

It's something we should be united on until that happens.

I've a feeling the new legislation won't happen, though, because the tarriers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen will have their arses twitching when it comes to the conduct of sections of their support.

Harm the club in what way? I've already told you we can't be fined, points deducted or closed stadium because of it while playing in Scotland.

Reputation? in the eyes of who? the clubs and fans who wanted us dead? and the footballing media? haha ... you honestly care about them and want to side with them and give them credit to what they think about us? that says more about you than I ever could.

You want to attract players, players who DO care about their brand (players see themselves as a brand) & would they want to link themselves to a brand/club with links to sectarianism

You want the club to grow, to increase its commercial arms, better bigger sponsors, better bigger advertising

Again, why would a brand like say .. Apple/Sony or other major sponsors want to come anywhere near a team that is even distantly linked with Sectarianism?

The fact that YOU don't believe, or seem to care that this has the potential to harm the club tells me more about you than anything else I knew before

You want to attract players, players who DO care about their brand (players see themselves as a brand) & would they want to link themselves to a brand/club with links to sectarianism

You want the club to grow, to increase its commercial arms, better bigger sponsors, better bigger advertising

Again, why would a brand like say .. Apple/Sony or other major sponsors want to come anywhere near a team that is even distantly linked with Sectarianism?

The fact that YOU don't believe this has the potential to harm the club tells me more Zbout you than anything else I knew before

Players like Tav who said the atmosphere was the best he's played in?

Get a grip of yourself.

I don't believe we sang any banned song that will/should harm the club. If TBB is fine with offensive words changed then who has the problem then? Not us or the club and we need to make that clear soon as the statement released makes us sound guilty and gives them all another week to print lies of "guilty fans, even the board say"..... F*** that.

Players like Tav who said the atmosphere was the best he's played in?

Get a grip of yourself.

Don't disagree that it was an outstanding atmosphere but that can be created without singing TBB.

Btw .. You still haven't answered my question.

I'm a bitter bastard but from Murray, green, Mather, bain, king, Paul murray and I'm willing to bet any other chairman, ceo we will ever have the club will never publicly back us over this.

It's never going to happen as shite as that is its just the way it will always be.

It will take the fans going to the club with an ammended version etc and trying to be proactive.

They'll never back a "up to our knees" in anyone's blood type song.

Maybe we should go and support Killie or Dundee

No one seems to have an issue with them singing about Ayr or Arab blood

Maybe one type of blood is more important than another