*** The Official Rangers V Cowdenbeath Match Thread ***

Decent performance in horrific conditions.

Thought McKay had a terrific game and played really well when moved into the midfield 3 also, his range of passing is very underrated. I thought we missed Kiernan at the back, thought Wilson had another poor game.

Good to see Forrester get some minutes, he looks suited to more of a 'no 10' role. You can tell he's a Warburton 'type' neat in possession and someone who I imagine will improve under the gaffer too.

All in all delighted with the result and never really came out of 3rd gear, Wallace deserves a mention too. (tu)

I prefer Ball to Wilson but for me Wilson was the better of the two centre backs today.

Decent performance in horrific conditions.

Thought McKay had a terrific game and played really well when moved into the midfield 3 also, his range of passing is very underrated. I thought we missed Kiernan at the back, thought Wilson had another poor game.

Good to see Forrester get some minutes, he looks suited to more of a 'no 10' role. You can tell he's a Warburton 'type' neat in possession and someone who I imagine will improve under the gaffer too.

All in all delighted with the result and never really came out of 3rd gear, Wallace deserves a mention too. (tu)

Wilson was the better of the 2 today. Where is your criticism of Ball?

Wilson has clearly just become an easy target for some people.

was disappointed Thompson didn't get a run out instead of Shiels, not that Shiels did anything wrong as surely this is the type of game also same as last week when we are well in front then the likes of Hardie and Thompson should be coming on for the last 20 25 minute to get some more game time under their belts

Wilson was the better of the 2 today. Where is your criticism of Ball?

Wilson has clearly just become an easy target for some people.

Neither had a good game, the reason I didn't criticise Ball was because Wilson hasn't been in any sort of form at all this Season. Hence me saying 'another'.

Neither had a good game, the reason I didn't criticise Ball was because Wilson hasn't been in any sort of form at all this Season. Hence me saying 'another'.

I thought Wilson's distribution was excellent today, can't remember any particular mistakes off him. I'm usually one of his biggest critics but today I thought he had a good game albeit against lesser opposition.

I've not been convinced at times this season with Barrie McKay but he had another good game again today,hopefully he can take confidence from his performances in recent weeks and kick on for the rest of the season.

I have been a bit critical as well tbh.(never bloody happy).Seems to cut inside too much for my liking but he has been very good since 2nd half v hivs..and he is still very young. MW will polish him into a lovely diamond thru time..

Maybe being harsh on McKay but I still don't think he has what it takes to excel in the premiership.

Today was his best game in a Rangers jersey, in my opinion. Took the ball by their RB numerous times, scored a fantastic goal and spread the ball about well when he moved deeper into CM.

It's funny how people can see the game differently though, look at me and Danny Wilson.

I do think McKay will continue to improve though. Warburton clearly rates him which in itself is a positive.

Today was his best game in a Rangers jersey, in my opinion. Took the ball by their RB numerous times, scored a fantastic goal and spread the ball about well when he moved deeper into CM.

It's funny how people can see the game differently though, look at me and Danny Wilson.

I do think McKay will continue to improve though. Warburton clearly rates him which in itself is a positive.

i don't see the game differently - he was very good today - against Cowdenbeath.

i don't see the game differently - he was very good today - against Cowdenbeath.

Ok <cr>

Strange comment to make after he's just been one of our best players. We don't know how any of these players, bar the odd couple who have played in the SPL before, will fair.

2nd most assists out of all out players.

The only real mainstay on the wing under Warburton who knows a player when he sees one.

He's got pace, great first touch, vision and is really good with the weight of passes he plays.

Just turned 21 and is homegrown.

Can't see what you are moaning about.

The quality of opposition did make it easier for him to skin the defenders but doesn't effect the consistently accurate and well weighted balls he was playing all day.

He's a great talent.

2nd most assists out of all out players.

The only real mainstay on the wing under Warburton who knows a player when he sees one.

He's got pace, great first touch, vision and is really good with the weight of passes he plays.

Just turned 21 and is homegrown.

Can't see what you are moaning about.

The quality of opposition did make it easier for him to skin the defenders but doesn't effect the consistently accurate and well weighted balls he was playing all day.

He's a great talent.

I don't think I am moaning really. I just don't see it to take him to the next level. He was great today but in the first half v hibs he was in the right backs pocket. He was fortunate the right back got subbed a half time due to injury.

Can someone tell me why we got the second pen? Everybody around me was as clueless as myself.

Was it for the tackle of Tav, it didn't look like he touched him?

Stonewaller. That's what we need Tav doing, during his lean spell he made less of those runs into the box.

Everyone played well today including the subs. Some great football. Team selection is going to get very difficult in the coming games especially when a player like Law didn't even get a sniff today despite doing nothing wrong in his last few outings. Good problem to have I suppose.