*** The Official Rangers V Cowdenbeath Match Thread ***

Hardie was a bit unlucky to come on after we had lost our shape a bit. I would have preferred to see him on when McKay was out wide getting to the bye line could have been on the end of those cut backs.

Still looked hungry enough.

Forrester, well wasn't really his day, looks direct but nothing that he tried came off.

lot of talking on the sky programe re the St Johnstone result. The subtext (and not so sub) was that we are decent aginst these team but up against an SPFL side we will struggle.

I think they are correct up to a point as we do need to strengthen in areas, but we are better than then, MW knows his players better, he knows the standard of team and the way they play and I think they laboured it a bit.

lot of talking on the sky programe re the St Johnstone result. The subtext (and not so sub) was that we are decent aginst these team but up against an SPFL side we will struggle.

I think they are correct up to a point as we do need to strengthen in areas, but we are better than then, MW knows his players better, he knows the standard of team and the way they play and I think they laboured it a bit.

The St Johnstone game seems to have been re written here. We struggled to get to grips with the game for a bit. Found ourselves 2 down then basically dominated, hitting the bar and missing countless chances. If we had got it to 2-3 that night we woulda won I'm sure of it.

It's not like St J steam rollered us. They were clinical as fuck that night and did probably deserve the win.

But we've grew as a team. Our full backs now pick the correct moment to go forward etc.

I'd fancy us 8 or 9 times out of 10 against a St J, kilnarnock, thistle etc

waiting to hear the celtic mob complaining tmor the draw for next round is being made by brian laudrup and garry anderson the world darts champ who is a gers fan

They just said he is a Hibs fan on BT sports. I haven't a clue about the darts despite living a stones throw from Ally pally.

Really enjoyed that game today, even without having our shooting boots on. The movement was great to watch and some of the short passing was sublime. Thought McKay, Miller and Wallace were the stand-outs first half, Holt and Waghorn became more prominent second half.

We lost our shape and drive a bit after the substitutions but it was all over by then.

My only gripe was Tavernier getting greedy towards the end, rather than feeding Hardie when he would have had a tap in.

Decent performance in horrific conditions.

Thought McKay had a terrific game and played really well when moved into the midfield 3 also, his range of passing is very underrated. I thought we missed Kiernan at the back, thought Wilson had another poor game.

Good to see Forrester get some minutes, he looks suited to more of a 'no 10' role. You can tell he's a Warburton 'type' neat in possession and someone who I imagine will improve under the gaffer too.

All in all delighted with the result and never really came out of 3rd gear, Wallace deserves a mention too. (tu)

Decent performance in horrific conditions.

Thought McKay had a terrific game and played really well when moved into the midfield 3 also, his range of passing is very underrated. I thought we missed Kiernan at the back, thought Wilson had another poor game.

Good to see Forrester get some minutes, he looks suited to more of a 'no 10' role. You can tell he's a Warburton 'type' neat in possession and someone who I imagine will improve under the gaffer too.

All in all delighted with the result and never really came out of 3rd gear, Wallace deserves a mention too. (tu)

Forrester didn't look match fit to me, which isn't surprising. Might take 3 or 4 sub appearances before he can do himself justice.

Forrester didn't look match fit to me, which isn't surprising. Might take 3 or 4 sub appearances before he can do himself justice.

Certainly not match sharp, but it will come. Hopefully for him he grabs his chance and earns a longer contract.

Good result today Waghorn stood out for me great goal from McKay as well. defensively we have to have better than Ball in our reserves made a mistake early on dithering on the ball then daft challenge giving the free kick that led to the goal.

We dominated all over the park pity Hardie just cant come on and get a couple to give him a lift.

Job done.

Given forrester has hardly being playing recently, it is understandable he might not be match it. It might take a few more games for him to get up to that level and hopefully show us what he can to. When he was on the ball he reminded me a lot of temps, same playing style, lets hope he isnt nearly as incosistent.