Players Out Of Contract In The Summer

WilliamFyfe

David Templeton 27 year old when deal ends

Nicky Law 28 years old when deal ends

Dean Sheils 31 years old when deal ends

Nicky Clark 24 years old

All out of contract in the summer 2016

Would you keep any of them? I think Warburton rates Law and Sheils a fair bit (not sure if it's enough to resign them though)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd keep Law definately, Shiels is also decent as a squad player as in the top league we will need more depth. Likewise with Clark, would keep him only if numbers are short but don't think he's quite good enough.

It's a shame it hasn't worked out with Templeton but also think he needs to leave us to get his career back on track, a team like Roos County or Partick would probably be a good fit for him.

You've got to think these guys will be on a good wedge based upon when they signed, probably more than any of our recent recruits. If that's the case I'd let them all go and trust the gaffer to bring in better quality for lower wages in their respective positions.

There's real quality in the Championship and League 1 in England, easily enough to give a decent title challenge to them over there, which I just don't see Sheils, Law, Templeton and Clark being good enough for. Law at a stretch, but that's definitely it.

I'd keep Shiels, but the rest can leave.

The impact Shiels has made when he's appeared has been excellent, in my opinion. He improves us from the 60th minute mark onwards.

Templeton had the potential, but he hasn't tried a leg and I would put my mortgage on him being released, he's been that bad.

Clark is decent, nothing more, nothing less. He's not going to be bench worthy when we're competing in the top flight with Celtic, Aberdeen, etc., so I wouldn't offer him a renewal.

Law can fuck off. His hide-and-seek performances last season were bad, but watching Mohnsi being attacked by Motherwell players along with his wee mate Ricky Foster while the likes of Kenny Miller intervened is unforgivable in my eyes.