Hivs Favourites To Sign Stokes

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will finish for fun in that division

Let's not kid ourselves on

Our main priority is getting at least a draw away at hibs, that happens then I can't see us being caught.

He can score 100 goals a game but if we are winning then there is nothing they can do

Just like Boyd was suppose to? There are no guarantees!!

Hes played about 20 minutes in a year and a half, I highly doubt he even trains to his maximum level cause he knows he isn't getting a game. His record in the SPL is pretty average considering we've been gone 4 years.

I personally think he will be more of a miss than a hit if he signs and if he does sign and they sell Cummings and he fails to hit the ground running... well that would be rather funny.

Maybe it is my blue tinted specs but I don't rate the guy and probably never will.

Just checked his stats and the last time he was at hivs he scored 22 times in 40 games in 2010.

septic record last 2 seasons he has been pish:

2014–15 21 7 8 1 9 0 38 8 2015–16 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 0

If he finds his old form previous at Hivs he could give them 20 goals but highly doubt he will produce that form.

Just like Boyd was suppose to? There are no guarantees!!

Tbf Boyd was playing in a Rangets team that weren't really suited to him, not that that's any excuse. Hibs play with a bit more freedom and Stokes will suit a 4-4-2, especially alongside a player like Cummings.

Also, no one is 'fearing' Stokes. That's just bullshit. Taking note of a rival strengthening while they're right behind is just common sense. You'd think we'd have learned to be less arrogant by now.

Tbf Boyd was playing in a Rangets team that weren't really suited to him, not that that's any excuse. Hibs play with a bit more freedom and Stokes will suit a 4-4-2, especially alongside a player like Cummings.

Also, no one is 'fearing' Stokes. That's just bullshit. Taking note of a rival strengthening while they're right behind is just common sense. You'd think we'd have learned to be less arrogant by now.

Stokes aint the player he once was. Wether he will suit Hibs remains to be seen.. I think it IS a valid point that we all thought Boyd would bang them in at this level.. its not like he didnt have the chances, so the team around him doesnt really wash with me.. He was missing open goals ffs.

Stokes, in my opinion, will not be the player for Hibs that some think. I will happily change my opinion if proven wrong though.

He is a really good signing for them and it does strengthen their first 11 by quite a bit, to say otherwise is just overlooking his goals to game ratio.

However he is coming in half way through the season to a side he isn't used to being around so chances are he wont hit the ground running.

We do our job it doesn't matter who Hivs sign because we are simply a better side.

He's literally made 2 appearances all season, I don't see how this signing is bothering anyone when we're supposed to be challenging the team he's coming from next season. There has to be a reason he's not playing. Won't lose any sleep over this one.