OzGers

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and the others cost £10 million plus.

The other 14 cost approx. £22 million in transfer fees, across 5/6 transfer windows. Including the likes of Sebo(£1.8m), Whittaker(£2m), Bazza(£4.5), Cuellar(£2.4m), Thomson(£2m), Jig(£2.3m). That's £15m just for those six.

I don't expct that DK will spend to strengthen enough and it'll be our downfall. The same people who say that we can win the SPL with the current squad are the same ones who criticise the scum at being shite for downsizing. They might be shite but they are in a better position than us squad wise.

I haven't seen one sensible person saying that our current squad could win the SPL tbh.

quote name="6superbarry6" post="1063079252" timestamp="1453290570"]

Challenging in several years ain't good enough for me,the taigs would be marching towards 10 in a row by then,the income generated from European football is a must and we're only going to get that by investing real money in the playing squad

I'm in agreement.

But are the Board willing and capable of taking on the challenge to have us in a position to win the league 2016/2017?

I'm not so sure based on soundbites and from the financial investment in players to date. I think there is an element of stability and growth with their view that we will build to it over a few years.

The other 14 cost approx. £22 million in transfer fees, across 5/6 transfer windows.

Key point there is that it was over several seasons. If King is going to invest for the playing squad transfer fees then he 1) won't be doing it now in the championship and 2) won't be doing it in one window.

This is a project in progress. Yes we want to stop them from winning any more titles but there is being sensible and pragmatic versus being gung ho and buying whoever you can at whatever the cost.

Key point there is that it was over several seasons. If King is going to invest for the playing squad transfer fees then he 1) won't be doing it now in the championship and 2) won't be doing it in one window.

This is a project in progress. Yes we want to stop them from winning any more titles but there is being sensible and pragmatic versus being gung ho and buying whoever you can at whatever the cost.

(tu)

I'm sure most of the sensible Rangers fans realise, and accept that.

MW is only 1.5 transfer windows into his rebuild. Not surprising at the 'concern' from some. It was the same people 'concerned' at our summer signings last year too.

We have to invest now and give the players time to gel so we start off challenging for the title, if we make it up. there are still no guarantees we will get promotion yet, its still going to be a big push yet to win this league.

Get the players in and get them tried and tested here while we can against poorer opposition.

quote name="6superbarry6" post="1063079252" timestamp="1453290570"]

Challenging in several years ain't good enough for me,the taigs would be marching towards 10 in a row by then,the income generated from European football is a must and we're only going to get that by investing real money in the playing squad

I'm in agreement.

But are the Board willing and capable of taking on the challenge to have us in a position to win the league 2016/2017?

I'm not so sure based on soundbites and from the financial investment in players to date. I think there is an element of stability and growth with their view that we will build to it over a few years.

I think we have to challenge straight away taking a few years to challenge would then be giving them 2 or 3 more free runs at qualifying for the champions league and the £20m that comes with it were they to qualify then we'll be even further behind them financially,European football for us is a must sooner rather than later as Warburton says it's all about value so surely spending say £15m on players to secure the title and build a side good enough to qualify for chsmps league thus securing roughly £20m in the process is good business and represents value

I'm really happy with the way we conduct our business nowadays.

MW says he has been backed with every signing he wanted.

As an aside, a lad I went to school with knows O'halloran and says he expects it to be completed. Says he's not playing with St J this weekend either - so I think that will go through.

GM

Agree...and I don't think being backed necessarily means throwing more and more money at a player until we get him. I think MW has a clear idea of what O'Halloran is worth both financially and to the team, and I'm sure he and the board will be in communication about it. If St Johnstone say no I think previously we would have increased until it was silly money. I don't think we will do that now and I think it is the right thing to do.

We have to invest now and give the players time to gel so we start off challenging for the title, if we make it up. there are still no guarantees we will get promotion yet, its still going to be a big push yet to win this league.

Get the players in and get them tried and tested here while we can against poorer opposition.

What players are you referring to?

If you mean crooks and windlass then I agree I'd like to see us try and do a deal but we shouldn't be blackmailed into paying over the odds.

If you mean players that would cost £ms in fees then who exactly will want to sign for us given there is no guarantee we will be promoted this year?

What players are you referring to?

If you mean crooks and windlass then I agree I'd like to see us try and do a deal but we shouldn't be blackmailed into paying over the odds.

If you mean players that would cost £ms in fees then who exactly will want to sign for us given there is no guarantee we will be promoted this year?

For me the weakest part of our team is the defence its horrible the only players i'd keep are Wallace and Tav and even Tav i would play further forward.

Once we sort that we still need an out and out striker and a decent midfielder, there are no Guarantees the Crooks & Windass will make the grade here but getting them in sooner would be a big plus.

I dont think it would take a lot of money but investment is needed.

Now he claims the spread of that cash will have to be front-loaded to ensure the club do not let another 12 months fritter away.

"I think we will need money now because we will need to beef up the squad," he said.

"So there will be a fairly substantial investment required in the next couple of months from me and the other investors.

"But if you want to look at the funding plan, it is to spend whatever it takes to win the Championship next year and have at least the nucleus of a squad to move up to the Premier League the year after."

I am trying so see where he hasn't done what he says in that interview. I have failed.

Now he claims the spread of that cash will have to be front-loaded to ensure the club do not let another 12 months fritter away.

"I think we will need money now because we will need to beef up the squad," he said.

"So there will be a fairly substantial investment required in the next couple of months from me and the other investors.

"But if you want to look at the funding plan, it is to spend whatever it takes to win the Championship next year and have at least the nucleus of a squad to move up to the Premier League the year after."

I am trying so see where he hasn't done what he says in that interview. I have failed.

We don't know whether or not we have the nucleus of a squad to move up to the Premier League. That is why I feel we must give Mr Warburton at least a year. Without a major investment in the summer, I honestly do not feel we will challenge next year.

We don't know whether or not we have the nucleus of a squad to move up to the Premier League. That is why I feel we must give Mr Warburton at least a year. Without a major investment in the summer, I honestly do not feel we will challenge next year.

No we dont - but that comment is very subjective. DK could come out and say we right now "we have the nucleus" - and theres nobody can really say we haven't.

People talk about challenging next year like we play Celtic 38 times in the year. Do I believe the current squad could be competitive? Yes I do, do I think we would walk the title? No.

We are missing some key players and diagouraga (if he signs and if he is good enough) will at least fill in one problem area in the team. I think we are making low risk acquisitions just now to get the job done this season.

For example, forrester, if he shows that he is an excellent player then he gets a chance of premiership football with a new deal. Likewise with gostomski. If however they don't fit or aren't quite good enough then they leave.

This is why we have seen a large number of trialists come and go and I like the cautious approach.

The one thing that perhaps baffles people is the lack of moves for others in defence. If Tav or Wallace get injured then we don't have any natural replacements only players that "can" play there as opposed to "should". I think having ball on loan is a prime example of us plugging the gaps until next year. The quality of player we could sign next year should be much better than this year and if we somehow manage to get into Europe next year then once again you will be able to attract better players still.

So why risk breaking the bank now to get players in to steamroll the championship and gel for next year when if we wait 6 months we might be ble to get better quality for our dosh.

Exactly.

I'm not for spending multi millions and prudency is the watch word, but if there is little investment in the summer, we honestly can't expect to overhaul the scum by design and that will be a disappointment after all that was promised. It would be less of prudence and more that we just don't have the cash. I can live with that, but let's not pretend that it is all to do with prudence. The smokescreens don't work anymore.

The current squad are good enough to win the title this season and who knows how far we can go in the Scottish Cup.

If we had spashed 2M on Waggie not many would be complaining. We didn't.....MW got him for a tenth of that. I don't agree that quality can only be brought in for large fees.

The next window is the important one and MW will already be identifying targets.

Exactly.

I'm not for spending multi millions and prudency is the watch word, but if there is little investment in the summer, we honestly can't expect to overhaul the scum by design and that will be a disappointment after all that was promised. It would be less of prudence and more that we just don't have the cash. I can live with that, but let's not pretend that it is all to do with prudence. The smokescreens don't work anymore.

A lot of people always try and say things like spending millions got us in the shit and days of Gazza's and Laudrups are gone but we aren't asking for that - they think it's as black and white as that

If spending 10 million on maybe 4 good players in the shape of Davis, Cueller, Mendes, Bougherra like we did previously is beyond us then give Celtic ten in a row now tbh

Exactly.

Stop being negative. Do you honestly think that MW is going to stand not being backed when he needs to be ?

If the board dont back the manager to bring in the players he wants and needs then the only outcome woukd be that the manager would walk, there is not a hope in hell they can afford that to happen, their investment so far would be worthless if they did.

I trust the manager who tells us that he gets all the backing he asks for, where is the smokescreen there ?

Stop being negative. Do you honestly think that MW is going to stand not being backed when he needs to be ?

If the board dont back the manager to bring in the players he wants and needs then the only outcome woukd be that the manager would walk, there is not a hope in hell they can afford that to happen, their investment so far would be worthless if they did.

I trust the manager who tells us that he gets all the backing he asks for, where is the smokescreen there ?

Read the thread, it's riddled with it!

I feel this board will have to back Warburton as he's the only thing stopping them being lynched as they promised so much early doors. Most knew they would never deliver, some kidded on the would and are now backtracking.

So if MW is happy with the Rangers board support in the transfer market and with youth development, you will be happy too...?

:lol: Aye right.

I remember your support of MW back in July. Flip flop is the expression, yes? ;)