Harry Forrester: Have We Found Ourselves A Good Player?

Turnberry18

1 hour ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Needs time to get match sharpness back. He might be fit but getting sharp takes longer. 

Give him another few games he will find a rhythm and prove his worth 

Agree, hit the woodwork twice yesterday and the manager has a good few months to assess his ability.

King would be a good asset if we can pry him away from Hearts.

For me MOH is the stand out of the three and with our style of football will rip defenses apart.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So here is the thing with this particular loan deal. Forrester clearly doesn't look like he has had much game time. He played in a team that got relegated to league one and MW knows him as a player from Brentford three years ago (before him being relegated with Doncaster). 

So I am going to trust the gaffer on this one but we should not be used to help loanees back to full match sharpness, fitness and health so they are a better player for their own club. Unless it's for us to see if he fits the bill and then take him on. 

Players coming to this club MUST be better than what we have, whether on loan or a perm deal. 

We are Rangers ffs. 

He's not on loan, he's a 6 month deal until the end of the season...if we don't sign him up then he'll be a free agent.

I like the fact he's willing to take a shot , particularly when on occasion we do take too many passes to shoot . . I thought he did well yesterday , particularly in the first half.

The problem is , is there anyone I'd drop for him , particularly now MOH is here and we're doing well ? I'm not sure there is. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

So here is the thing with this particular loan deal. Forrester clearly doesn't look like he has had much game time. He played in a team that got relegated to league one and MW knows him as a player from Brentford three years ago (before him being relegated with Doncaster). 

So I am going to trust the gaffer on this one but we should not be used to help loanees back to full match sharpness, fitness and health so they are a better player for their own club. Unless it's for us to see if he fits the bill and then take him on. 

Players coming to this club MUST be better than what we have, whether on loan or a perm deal. 

We are Rangers ffs. 

The guys not a 'loanee' though? 

From what I've seen versus Raith, Killie and now Alloa he definitely looks like he has something. Yesterday in the first half I thought he was terrific, second half he was quiet but that's probably a fitness issue as that was his first start in god knows how long.

Giving him a 6 month deal is perfect imo as it gives us the chance to sign a potentially very good player should they find their form and fitness and if not we can release them and move on. 

15 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

We are Rangers ffs. 

He's not on loan.

MW cant work his magic on every player who has hit a rut in their career, some might just not have "it" anymore through a variety of personal reasons/injuries etc, where Forrester lands I don't know but he showed enough to get MW interested, the true quality or lack of quality will emerge well within 6 months so we will know soon enough.

If he continues to perform like the way he started against Alloa then I can easily see him getting  an extended contract, he played well and was unlucky in front of goal, think he was one of the players that hit the woodwork (maybe twice), can definitely be a handful for opposition players.

Some of the things he did against Alloa were quite impressive; he also looks as if he wants to get involved a lot more. I think we have a player there. If he gets a goal sometime soon it will only boost his confidence. He is playing with his head up now. I think we could have a player for the long term here. He and O'Halloran looked a real threat, and they were joined by Billy King in that when he came on. I think the manager took of the wrong player against Alloa; Harry should have stayed on and McKay should have come off.

Looks like he's got something about him. He seems a confident chap as well and the overhead kick was unlucky. Don't get people writing him off already. Saying that, people on here wrote Jelavic off cause he gave the ball away on his debut so nothing surprises me 

18 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

He might even start again  We'll find out tomorrow shame about the shitty CL being on.

Did a lot of things right on Saturday and would probably have swung a few heads if he had scored with the overhead, CL :disappointment: