What would you think a reasonable ST price rise for 2016/17?

JWAC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To get us back to what we paid pre-admin we would be looking at 20-25% rise. Paid £340 this year and sure was £425 that was paid in 2011/12 season for the seats in Copland front. I would pay it happily but can see some complaining at that much of a price hike expect to pay around £400.

Nothing wrong with going back to top league price from before admin, although asking that price for the shit that is Scottish football is a red neck. 

A small increase on top that would include all home games for those who want it would be a good option for me. 

The club needs money coming in but they don't want to turn off fans (thought there will be a surge back to the fold as well) so I expect around 20% rises. Nothing Rangers can do about the quality of the opposition and there are only so many times you can take the wife shopping to Braehead or the pictures so hopefully the prices set will encourage a full house.

Only got my season ticket last season so not sure what prices were for my seat when we were in the SPL. Last season my seat in the Sandy Jardine F4 cost £380. This season it cost £400. If next season it cost £500 then I'd happily pay that. Honestly, I see my season ticket as more than just a ticket for me to get into each home league game. It's money that I am putting into the club I love and I am proud to be called a Rangers season ticket holder. 

I can understand that the club may not want to price it too higher cause then of course less people buy but they should also keep in mind that many of us would be more than happy to pay more. They should allow you to pay a bit extra if you want.

TL;DR. I don't care how much it costs. I will be renewing my season ticket until I can't afford it anymore or I die.

also next year i hope we bump up prices for away fans we have done our bit for the lower leagues now in the big league if you wanna come to Ibrox to see your team v Rangers its gonna cost top dollar. £50 for league games not including hibs, hearts, aberdeen n them.

Just now, KingKirk said:

also next year i hope we bump up prices for away fans we have done our bit for the lower leagues now in the big league if you wanna come to Ibrox to see your team v Rangers its gonna cost top dollar. £50 for league games not including hibs, hearts, aberdeen n them.

would also like to see the away section moved. don't like that you can see them on TV. maybe away up the back of the broomloan/copland or the club deck.

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Is that a Bar 72 ticket? My last season ticket the European games were extra.

That's weird, mine were always included, think it was £1k the last season we were in Europe.

I just think that is too much with no European football, and a lesser quality of players.

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

In that case Rangers fans would have to pay the same price per ticket. 

As much as the likes of hibs rob us at 28 quid their fans have to pay the same.

2 minutes ago, superally07 said:

In that case Rangers fans would have to pay the same price per ticket. 

As much as the likes of hibs rob us at 28 quid their fans have to pay the same.

That's then the advantages of buying a ST. Personally I can see a increase on ST numbers coming maybe high 30s early 40s so what I would do is set all adult/pensioners tickets at £450 for any seat in the stadium and try and get as many fans in as possible.

Was going to say there shouldnt need to be much of  increase as they should sell well, but the tims will sell more when were back.

Id take a rise but it shouldnt be by too much. Well probably sell more than previous seasons anyway with all those coming back to see us play the tims

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

I would take a medal if offered, tbf.

Or even just a 'I was here for the tough times' sticker.

We already have been awarded.  The fans received the 12th man award when we were in the 3rd division.  It's in the Ibrox trophy room even now.