Michael O'Halloran

GOAT

2 minutes ago, bluedart1952 said:

I would be looking at starting Billy King and use McKay as a sub, Barry just doesn't seem to like running at defenders when on the wing, plus his crossing and passing is bloody woeful at times I lost count in the first half yesterday the amount of times he gave the ball away.

For me Barrie's at his best playing off a front man. He's got that ability to pass and control and lay it off in tight spaces. He's not a winger imo his strengths lie in little intricate passages of play.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bluedart1952 said:

I would be looking at starting Billy King and use McKay as a sub, Barry just doesn't seem to like running at defenders when on the wing, plus his crossing and passing is bloody woeful at times I lost count in the first half yesterday the amount of times he gave the ball away.

McKay has huge potential tho and needs game time to develop,i'd much rather develop Barrie than play a Hearts loanee he's only 20 ffs and the improvement this season in him has been terrific his final ball and end product is something that can be worked on

I thought MOH had a very good game yesterday, seemed to be more direct than what we've had of late and willing to take players on. McKay has had a very good season all round but the last month or so has seen him start to do what Oduwa and Zelalem get criticised for, slowing the play up....he seems to be happy to trot towards the full back/defender, hold the play up and then make a pass when the opponents have had time to get back in to position. MOH doesn't give them that time (based on yesterday). 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I thought MOH had a very good game yesterday, seemed to be more direct than what we've had of late and willing to take players on. McKay has had a very good season all round but the last month or so has seen him start to do what Oduwa and Zelalem get criticised for, slowing the play up....he seems to be happy to trot towards the full back/defender, hold the play up and then make a pass when the opponents have had time to get back in to position. MOH doesn't give them that time (based on yesterday). 

McKay has done this all season effectively. Hold the ball up then pick a through ball for a midfield runner. 

He was great yesterday, though i still have reservations, runs with his head down too often for me. His final ball/finishing needs work.

that being said nacho novo had a cracking career for us and he had his faults. If MOH keeps his pace he should be able to cause most teams problems.

Definitely deserved MOTM. His directness and ability to beat players reminds me of how Ronaldo played (when he could still beat players). I am no way saying MOH will be a future Balon D'Or winner!

But I guess you never know............ :uk:

Never wanted him any where near my club as it was made public before he signed he was a bheggar. Looks like he will prove me wrong that players like him can do the business for us as was the case with Neil McCann which I said the same about and he proved me wrong and I actually got to like wee McCann.   

4 hours ago, bluedart1952 said:

I think he's played a lot of games could maybe need a wee rest, till he finds his form again.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

Iitthink he's played a lot of games could maybe need a wee rest, till he finds his form again.

Not only give him a rest but IT would also give him his hunger of retaining his starting spot rather than just being a first p7ck. He IS young and learning and has done more than enough to get a rest and recharge.