McCoist

TMB

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He was being interviewed and asked about Lennon and he made comparisons to Bolton and Rangers, Bolton were never Liquidated, yet he chose to use the word in connection with Rangers, and BTW nothing has been liquidated as yet.

He chose to use the word in relation to Rangers because we suffered a liquidation event. If he didn't mention that in the context of what he was saying people watching would have instantly been sitting there thinking 'aye, and not just administration' and mhanks would have no doubt made implications about why he didn't mention it. As if he was trying to avoid the reality or something. 'He couldny say it cause he knows it means they're deed'. Some shit like that. Because obsessed take what they want to from these kinds of things.

People know there was a liquidation event. Why shouldn't he say it? It's not a secret. The only issue is that he was lazy with his language in terms of club v business. It's up to you if you want to be sensitive about that, but I don't see why you would be. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The board appointed MW - I know he's magic but he didn't just appear like Mary Poppins! so yes they get great credit for our position! 

Nah, I think that's MW that deserves that. Was linked with us before, and even a few fans on here rated him highly and wanted him as manager. The board are doing their job, let's not go over the top. MW deserves the praise, he was successful in his interview and has come up with the goods.

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Lol some replies, let's just make it look like he's saying this. Then we can win - yey! 

Aye, because we should definitely take anything anyone ever says at face value. :lol: Nothing anyone says needs to be analysed or thought about.

Argue your point or don't, but this kind of reply is pathetic.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Aye, because we should definitely take anything anyone ever says at face value. :lol: Nothing anyone says needs to be analysed or thought about.

Argue your point or don't, but this kind of reply is pathetic.

Just as this one, jog on. I'm happy with the point I made disagree or not, I don't care. I'm not going to bleat on about my opinion like Bp9

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Just as this one, jog on. I'm happy with the point I made disagree or not, I don't care. I'm not going to bleat on about my opinion like Bp9

Your point that I quoted was mindless nonsense in lieu of an actual argument.

10 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

I never said you shouldn't defend him.i just wondered why you feel the need to do so.i see a huge amount of opinions on here that I disagree with about many things.but all you can do is express your opinion and move on.nobody can ever take allys playing career away from him or  us.his record was incredible and was maybe Scotland's greatest goal scorer.

im not even mad about his managerial career at us as he was under incredible stress. But I still can't defend him taking the money he did for doing nothing. But that's only my opinion

See it's that last sentence - taking the money for doing nothing that requires folk like me to comment ! It's a bollocks comment (imho of course) It's a different argument to say 'I don't think he was worth his contract' ( and yes I would defend him on that :pipe: ) but he was trying his hardest ( and yes - again- it's a different argument if his best was good enough). And just a small - last ( :pipe: ) point - we have. Ever heard Ally's side of any of this - I hoe one day we do. 

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So if we lose this cup final to Peterhead they should get the blame and not the manager?

lets say the board had appointed MW and we had not done well this season - who would you blame? The issue is we win or lose as a team - we all have a part to play - if one piece is dysfunctional It drags the rest down - could we be great without the fans? Can we be great without a decent playing squad? Can we be great without financial 'diligence' ? A club like our needs all parts to be functioning well. 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

lets say the board had appointed MW and we had not done well this season - who would you blame? The issue is we win or lose as a team - we all have a part to play - if one piece is dysfunctional It drags the rest down - could we be great without the fans? Can we be great without a decent playing squad? Can we be great without financial 'diligence' ? A club like our needs all parts to be functioning well. 

The manager obviously doh

From the 3rd Division up until last season if we were playing decent football and blowing teams away (like we are doing now) the whole shitstorm about the old board would not have been as loud as it was.

You know I'm right.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Anyone who thinks managing was 'easy' during that period has it wrong 

What a load of utter pish this is. He was the manager of Rangers Football Club, earned £3m over 4 years, paid over £30m of salaries in that period and had a job of winning 3 leagues, 3 diddiest of diddy cups in the world and to do so he had to beat teams mainly made up of guys who worked 40 hour shifts per week and kicked a ball in their spare time. 

I agree with your defence of him around SCIAF but your defence of him as a manager is boak inducing. (tu)

42 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The board appointed MW - I know he's magic but he didn't just appear like Mary Poppins! so yes they get great credit for our position! 

Even the old board could have got a decent manager in for this level had ally left sooner 

McCoist is a nice guy. There is no badness in him. He has no real prejudice.

That is no bad thing, as in life it is what gains respect in a secular society. Let others hate.  At the end of the day, you have to ask who it is that hates Ally McCoist?  Not his neighbours, not society in general, not the football world. I don't even know many sellic fans who hate him.

21 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

McCoist is a nice guy. There is no badness in him. He has no real prejudice.

That is no bad thing, as in life it is what gains respect in a secular society. Let others hate.  At the end of the day, you have to ask who it is that hates Ally McCoist?  Not his neighbours, not society in general, not the football world. I don't even know many sellic fans who hate him.

Yes sellic fans love him now

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Aren't u creative lol

Stop being a fanny mate, and just accept not everyone thinks like u.

:lol:

A fanny? Oh dear. You started with the below, trying to ridicule replies instead of engaging with them.

'Accept not everyone thinks like you'? So you're a hypocrite as well now? Maybe you should follow your own advice... 

5 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Lol some replies, let's just make it look like he's saying this. Then we can win - yey! 

This tete-a-tete only started with my pointing out that the above argument dodgems was rubbish. Which it is. Until you started the ridicule instead of making a point tack, it was pretty normal forum disagreement that was going on.

Pity you couldn't keep up and resorted to that.

Actually, you came out with the 'McCoist fanboys' ridicule before that as well. What was it you said about 'just accept not everyone thinks like you' again?... Oops.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

He chose to use the word in relation to Rangers because we suffered a liquidation event. If he didn't mention that in the context of what he was saying people watching would have instantly been sitting there thinking 'aye, and not just administration' and mhanks would have no doubt made implications about why he didn't mention it. As if he was trying to avoid the reality or something. 'He couldny say it cause he knows it means they're deed'. Some shit like that. Because obsessed take what they want to from these kinds of things.

People know there was a liquidation event. Why shouldn't he say it? It's not a secret. The only issue is that he was lazy with his language in terms of club v business. It's up to you if you want to be sensitive about that, but I don't see why you would be. 

Nothing has been "liquidated" yet. And it may never happen. And you can't actually "liquidate" a football club. "We went through the trauma of administration but thankfully the club is now recovering and Mark and Davie are doing a tremendous job in getting the club back to where it belongs". Not to difficult Ally.