McCoist

TMB

Just now, Dazzler said:

I would take every fucking penny I was due and probably help myself to the stationary on the way out.

However its not the same thing to compare my job to his.

there you go...... you would, I would, everybody would - no one knows anyone's personal circumstances - but folks like to guess to get their point over..

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

there you go...... you would, I would, everybody would - no one knows anyone's personal circumstances - but folks like to guess to get their point over..

I've not made millions playing and managing football, you're not comparing like for like. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nothing to do with the money. It is because he is talking up a little scumbag who hates our club and fans.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

I've not made millions playing and managing football, you're not comparing like for like. 

Just because you perceive someone to have lots of wealth means nothing... no one really knows anyone's circumstances. Anyhoo this thread was about his relationship with popcorn teef and as usual ends up about him being a gazzillionaire and robbing us on gardening leave.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Just because you perceive someone to have lots of wealth means nothing... no one really knows anyone's circumstances. Anyhoo this thread was about his relationship with popcorn teef and as usual ends up about him being a gazzillionaire and robbing us on gardening leave.

Its worse than I thought, didn't realise he'd made a gazzillion! I'm even more ragin :pipe:

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"We don't do walking away".

Geez ma money first :lol:

lol

I really don't care who he's pals with, if he wants to associate with that kind of person so be it - it's his funeral. I'm just amazed people can still call him a legend after what he did to our club. Legend status was rightly earned by what he did as a player, but that is something which is organic and is evolving. For example, it isn't difficult to see people in the media once classed as greats now looked down upon after certain things have been released about their past. Does it effect their legend status - of course it does!

People who say it doesn't are just closing their eyes and their ears and singing a little song to themselves. To say it has effected his legend status but is still a legend in your eyes because his playing career outweighs all the bad he did as a manager - fair play. I can accept that. Those trying to say nothing has changed are a bit nuts in my opinion and not living within the realms of reality.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

lol

I really don't care who he's pals with, if he wants to associate with that kind of person so be it - it's his funeral. I'm just amazed people can still call him a legend after what he did to our club. Legend status was rightly earned by what he did as a player, but that is something which is organic and is evolving. For example, it isn't difficult to see people in the media once classed as greats now looked down upon after certain things have been released about their past. Does it effect their legend status - of course it does!

People who say it doesn't are just closing their eyes and their ears and singing a little song to themselves. To say it has effected his legend status but is still a legend in your eyes because his playing career outweighs all the bad he did as a manager - fair play. I can accept that. Those trying to say nothing has changed are a bit nuts in my opinion and not living within the realms of reality.

wat?

My post wasn't referring to you in any way shape or form....

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Will there be a Souness thread soon, he's backing TLB as well.

Souness even said he spoke to Lennon this week, Celtic are the "best team in Scotland" and that he hoped Rangers wouldn't be "embarrassed" by Celtic. 

He also brought Murray to Rangers.

And he had an EBT!?!?!

Boo! Hiss!

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Souness even said he spoke to Lennon this week, Celtic are the "best team in Scotland" and that he hoped Rangers wouldn't be "embarrassed" by Celtic. 

He also brought Murray to Rangers.

And he had an EBT!?!?!

Boo! Hiss!

Out of interest did he ever say the club was liquidated?

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.... And did the job he was paid to do - he was no MW ( but I suspect nobody  is) but he was by no means as bad as some folk make out  - even leaving aside whether we agree on his management capabilities - it gives me the boak when folk try to rewrite his playing career, suggest he doesn't love this club or back the fucking papers against him. I note even you can't stop your self from exaggerating or making up the numbers as you go along. 

No he didn't. He failed in all 3 cups and he failed in winning 3 leagues in a row. He embarrassed us in Europe and against teams like Forfar, Alloa, queen of south and falkirk in cup competitions. 

What numbers am I making up exactly? 

Just now, TheLawMan said:

No he didn't. He failed in all 3 cups and he failed in winning 3 leagues in a row. He embarrassed us in Europe and against teams like Forfar, Alloa, queen of south and falkirk in cup competitions. 

What numbers am I making up exactly? 

You're fighting a battle that can't be won, just look at the first bit of your quote;

"did the job he was paid to do"

says it all really

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Out of interest did he ever say the club was liquidated?

Off the top of my head I've no idea. He may have, he may not. 

He did say we should "take our medicine" over relegation and there was "no witch hunt" to see us punished. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Off the top of my head I've no idea. He may have, he may not. 

He did say we should "take our medicine" over relegation and there was "no witch hunt" to see us punished. 

I may be mistaken but wasn't it Dave King that said this or something similar?

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.... And did the job he was paid to do - he was no MW ( but I suspect nobody  is) but he was by no means as bad as some folk make out  - even leaving aside whether we agree on his management capabilities - it gives me the boak when folk try to rewrite his playing career, suggest he doesn't love this club or back the fucking papers against him. I note even you can't stop your self from exaggerating or making up the numbers as you go along. 

holy mother of god do you actually believe this, "he did the job he was paid to do"

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

pretty much this, he fucked off sharpish when he was finished stuffing his pockets with 50 quid notes

The day after his money train ended with us he was commentating for BT Sport during a Champions League match.

Aye no bother Ally :lol: 

27 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I may be mistaken but wasn't it Dave King that said this or something similar?

King said something similar too yeah. Souness said it when he was rolled out to publicise the launch of the SPFL a few seasons ago. Donald Findlay said something along those lines as well Iirc. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Idiots every last one of them.

I'm actually struggling to think of any 'Rangers man' I've spoken with over the last few years, who are involved in the game, who have offered something other than we should show contrition etc.,

No biggie for me. It's time to get McCoist rehabilitated and his legacy in its rightful place. Basically he was a fabulous striker and legend for both Rangers and Scotland and a terrible manager. His greatest achievement in football management is probably to have gone l season in league 1 without closing a league game.

I see no reason to bear him ill will whatsoever

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm actually struggling to think of any 'Rangers man' I've spoken with over the last few years, who are involved in the game, who have offered something other than we should show contrition etc.,

Only one I can really think of is Bomber but that was more or less all about the deeds :lol: 

Just goes to show how some of them are completely out of touch with the fans,you would never hear someone at Ibrox saying we should just get on with it etc.