Right Bears, what do you think of Andy Cameron?

Boab

I sit with an embarrassed smile on my face as he bounds on to the pitch - much to the glee of the away support.. :blush:

Same here.... pain in the erse if you ask me.

He is truly cringeworthy, an embarrassment to our club!!!

I fully concur and he is a ridiculous fool. An embarrassment to a football club which wishes to be progressive...what's next Mrs. Krankie or Rab C.

Well I generally time my arrival in my seat so as to avoid him.

He did have one superb moment a few years back when an aberdeen fan tried to attack him.

'Imagine I'd been wearing my sheepskin' he said.

Andy Cameron is a tired act who struggles to motivate or entertain the fans before matches. However, he is a Rangers fan and publicly supports us in many ways. Let's not be OTT in our criticism.

I'm glad Boab has posted this thread as there is going to be a fair bit of action regarding the match-day experience over the next couple of months.

As some of you would have gathered from the RST/RFC meeting minutes, the quality of the match-day experience is very poor and many fans are worried about it. Not even taking into account the football, the catering is below average; Andy Cameron tired and stale; choice of songs uninspiring; and half-time entertainment patchy. Further to that, the communication between the singing sections and the club is inconsistent and slow while many of the fans have suffered from heavy-handed and OTT policing.

Ergo, next week (or possibly the following) the Trust - in conjunction with TBO/CDL etc - will be asking the fans for their ideas and suggestions to improve all of the above. The RST will also meet with the new Head of Security, Kenny Scott, to discuss the latter issues. Put all this together and include further dialogue with the club, hopefully we'll seen an improvement this season.

I can't promise Andy Cameron's blue suit will be consigned to some future Rangers museum but once again it's a step in the right direction.

I'll keep you informed. :)

Andy Cameron is a tired act who struggles to motivate or entertain the fans before matches. However, he is a Rangers fan and publicly supports us in many ways. Let's not be OTT in our criticism.

I'm glad Boab has posted this thread as there is going to be a fair bit of action regarding the match-day experience over the next couple of months.

As some of you would have gathered from the RST/RFC meeting minutes, the quality of the match-day experience is very poor and many fans are worried about it. Not even taking into account the football, the catering is below average; Andy Cameron tired and stale; choice of songs uninspiring; and half-time entertainment patchy. Further to that, the communication between the singing sections and the club is inconsistent and slow while many of the fans have suffered from heavy-handed and OTT policing.

Ergo, next week (or possibly the following) the Trust - in conjunction with TBO/CDL etc - will be asking the fans for their ideas and suggestions to improve all of the above. The RST will also meet with the new Head of Security, Kenny Scott, to discuss the latter issues. Put all this together and include further dialogue with the club, hopefully we'll seen an improvement this season.

I can't promise Andy Cameron's blue suit will be consigned to some future Rangers museum but once again it's a step in the right direction.

I'll keep you informed. :)

Sounds promising :D

Frankie i think something needs done, i try to get into the ground as late as possible to avoid all the pre match trash.

Surely it would have been something Rangers would have been looking at for a while, or are they really that out of touch now

Frankie i think something needs done, i try to get into the ground as late as possible to avoid all the pre match trash.

Surely it would have been something Rangers would have been looking at for a while, or are they really that out of touch now

No, they have been looking at different ideas and methods of improving the atmosphere and experience but as we can all see they are obviously struggling to achieve any results.

What I will say is that just because the fans groups have offered their help, that doesn't mean everything will change overnight. Vast swathes of the support are apathetic to what's going on around them and just aren't interested in the whole package. In saying that it's not easy for any of us when the product is so poor on the park.

Hopefully with some new signings and a fresh new approach to match-day, we'll all be smiling in many different ways later in the year.

The Rangers support is amongst the best in the world - let's show that.

we'll all be smiling in many different ways later in the year.

You mean sexy cheerleaders :bouncy:

The matchday experience is boring, it would be nice to see something different rather than the usual, bring a former player onto the park, do the draw, and maybe have that shootout thing. Its bland and boring to be honest.

About Andy Cameron: He is a bit cringeworthy with his prematch routine, but hes a bear and hes proud to show it, so less of the "arsehole" comments. He also seems like a nice guy and i know a few people who have met him who have said hes one of the nicest guys youll meet. So i dont think people can call him names just because they dont like what he does on the pitch

We are the greatest fans, i just wish the board would show us a bit of respect!

We're making progress on that too mate. Good things come to those who wait... (tu)

So will it be free Magners Cider during the game