Unsung Non British 11 in last 20 years

eejay the dj

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree. A 6/10 every single week. Not a bad player, just very ordinary and achieved cult status.

Not sure if the cult status is quite correct - but you cannot deny him the 6/10 every week and if you watched him closely he achieved 9/10 just for his dedication (for want of a better word). That guy would have spilt blood for the sake of the team.

7 minutes ago, NetherburnBear said:

A lot of excellent  names  but what about Craig  Moore?  

Loved Klos...Amo  ...Big MARV. .Mols...and for that goal lovenkrands..but could go on n on n on

it's a thread about unsung heroes mate CM, and the rest you named are all more or less well sung  heroes.

:uk: 

Annti Niemi for me, always struggled to get a game with charbonnier in front of him but always thought Niemi was the better of the two.

Tugay, must have scored more than 4 goals?

I'd agree slightly that Sone Aluko could be considered due to the means he went to, to play for us, footballing wise no.

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

Anyone remember the game we fielded a team without a single Scottish player?

Klos

Reyna   Amoruso   Vidmar   Numan

Kanchelskis   Tugay   Albertz   Van Bronckhorst

Rozental         Wallace

Started against ST.Johnstone 1999-2000,tho 2 Scots came on as subs Billy Dodds and Neil McCann

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I will take Cousin, thank you for offering him ?.

I know what you mean re Tugay but 4 goals and 40 odd appearances is decent.

There was also a European game he played sweeper and simply oozed class.

Possibly in the Mendes category as decent but not quite quite a Sasa. 

Tugays sweeper game was set to Monaco I think?

23 minutes ago, West_Side said:

He bossed Motherwell in my first ever game at Ibrox. 2-0 victory it was. Loved him ever since. Very possibly my favourite ever Rangers player.

I feel sorry for you in that case. Big Marv was another cult hero. Why do these guys seem to get legend status? - Hemadni, Papac, Marvin Andrews, Alex Rae ... wee Beasley will be next.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I feel sorry for you in that case. Big Marv was another cult hero. Why do these guys seem to get legend status? - Hemadni, Papac, Marvin Andrews, Alex Rae ... wee Beasley will be next.

I'm not saying he's the best player I've ever seen for us, far from it, just saying he's my favourite. Always played with his heart on his sleeve and genuinely seemed to love both Rangers and playing football in general. Absolute gent in person as well.

Just now, West_Side said:

I'm not saying he's the best player I've ever seen for us, far from it, just saying he's my favourite. Always played with his heart on his sleeve and genuinely seemed to love both Rangers and playing football in general. Absolute gent in person as well.

He's a gent mate agreed I just don't see the fuss over half these guys the fans love. Maybe I'm just spoiled | was brought up in a different era but in recent years there's still been class acts like Prso.

Each to their own when it comes to legends. My truly great Gers legends are Tom Forsyth and Alex MacDonald.

And  includes Jim Denny who was a real character, Used to go to a lot of the reserve games. He often played as a experienced player to help the youngsters, one time he and Willie Mathieson started playing headie keepy ups together, and the ref kinda stood back and encouraged it, was really funny at the time.

The whole squad round about the time of the Barcelona final were amazing characters.

6 hours ago, Don54 said:

Klos

Reyna   Amoruso   Vidmar   Numan

Kanchelskis   Tugay   Albertz   Van Bronckhorst

Rozental         Wallace

Started against ST.Johnstone 1999-2000,tho 2 Scots came on as subs Billy Dodds and Neil McCann

Ta, I remember it now I searched around looking for it but gave up, how did you find it? lots of caps in that quality line up.