Robert Marshall / Club 1872

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Willis said:

While I might agree with some of Roberts opinions, whenever I see someone hit out with that pish just because he runs the Louden it pisses me off. I suppose everyone who says that wishes there were no Rangers pubs and nowhere to have a sing song before the game etc, even if it wasnt a Rangers pub it would still be mobbed on matchdays, so is every pub, shop and bookie near Ibrox a wanker for making money from fans who would just spend it somewhere else anyway?

If anything I think its a good thing that Robert owns the pub, its an advantage to someone on a fans board because he is in constant contact with Bears of differing opinions and has a venue to set up meetings etc.

i have ben running The Louden since June 1994 and have always tried to help Rangers fans

RM

8 hours ago, Smile said:

We should not need to be looking for people to help take the club forward that's  the Boards role.

If they can't do that get one who can.

not hastily cobbled together fan groups.

I'm not doing this through need, I.m doing it for my club because I want to

RM

6 hours ago, mick1271 said:

Anybody who is willing to put their time and effort into helping the club and supporters should be applauded .as long as they always put the supporters and the club first when it comes to decisions made then i have no problem with anyone putting their name forward for any position , be it fan board, club board or anything else. as long as they recognise that they will come under a shitload of scrutiny .

I'm used to it, That SB have an unlimited budget:wink:

RM

5 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

I'm not doing this through need, I.m doing it for my club because I want to

RM

I actually thought you were at the April Fools wind up Robert.

With father and son standing my next article will be "The Dangers of Nepotism"  :pipe:

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

For many years when Ibrox was much bigger than the piggery, we gave them an end, and they gave us an end - so they got more tickets than we got. When Ibrox was redeveloped, we still gave them an end, i.e. the whole of the  Broomloan. When they finally redeveloped their midden, did they give us an end? No, they kept half of what was traditionally our end for themselves, and stuck us in a corner. 

Only once have I written to Ibrox and it was when Souness arrived. After years of mediocrity , and I say that with all due respect to JG and JW , we used to give them half the enclosure as well . I wrote expressing why ( before ST were a big issue ) we gave them any of the enclosure at all , when we had enough bears to fill it. Nothing to do with me obv , but that was soon amended to just giving them the BR. 

I think due to spfl rules we have to give them a percentage , if it was up to me I'd stick them in the corner at most . 

Btw, looking forward to the Souness night :D 

7 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Too many people will bad mouth you behind a name on a forum but not man up and say to you in person, Robert.

I honestly don't mind people having a different opinion, that's what football is all about. but would prefer it if they spoke to me face to face

RM

1 minute ago, The Louden Tavern said:

I honestly don't mind people having a different opinion, that's what football is all about. but would prefer it if they spoke to me face to face

RM

That's exactly what i'm saying, they won't.... too many internet hard men.

8 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

Yes I'm a workaholic I take it you still don't know why EH CIC was formed for and you are still fishing?

That's a fair enough attribute to have, and I hope you can cope with the tasks efficiently, and are not just sending out pre-election guff for the gullible ...... IF again this is not a windup.

Not fishing about EH CIC at all, and will wait until you do your promised reveal in or around August, and will make my mind up then when I have had a chance to digest your plan.

I was just curious as to why your son was removed from this venture prior to his recent election to the RF board, and assumed it was a prudent move to avoid any criticism, and, to my mind at the time, to evade any claims of conflict of interest.

But as you have said there is no such COI as far as you are concerned, and it has no bearing in the forthcoming elections, I can only suppose now that Club 1872 and EH CIC are co-joined in mutual interest, hence your decision to stand for office.

:7325:

1 hour ago, The Louden Tavern said:

Do you mean taking a midden like the old stadium bar and turning into The quintessential Rangers supporters pub? The Louden Tavern. 

If you are serious you should have a good talk to yourself. There are thousands of Rangers Supporters would disagree with you and on a business prospective, they are the ones that are important to me. Our family have invested a lot of money into this

. Are you saying a non Rangers supporter would be more preferable to you?

RM

No, I mean read the post instead of reading only the little bit you want to be offended by instead.  Absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with your pub.

Being on the other side of the World makes it difficult to know all the ins and outs involved with Rangers supporters clubs.

I personally think Club 1872 is a great idea and if it comes to fruition and unites the various bodies it will be fantastic.

Then we as a fans group would have some real input into Rangers and who and how it is run. We overseas fans rely on the official site, RM and RTV for our information. None the less most of us are long term supporters, myself 58 years, and we want nothing but success for our club.

So first on the agenda I think, anyone who wants to nominate for any position on the board,  should list all their qualifications and reasons for nominating, these should be listed on the official website and on here and any other websites that supporters frequent.

Secondly it would be a great idea to further involve he fans down here by finding an outlet here to merchandise Rangers gear, and to arrange more frequent off season trips down here for us to see the team.

5 hours ago, The Louden Tavern said:

At least I don't make accusation about someone getting freebies and refuse to show proof

RM

I've tried my best to explain several times, about your complete lack of comprehension as to what I wrote.

If you cannot comprehend, the written word, an internet forum is probably not your best mode of communication.

Good luck to you in your quest to get elected.

Cap doffed to you RM. You've played an absolute blinder with this right from the off. From your very public, contrived and brilliantly engineered spat with Dingwall in the early days of RF, to the "we don't need a merger" nonsense, to the "get my boy and mates onto the RF board to push for a merger" all the way to this. Manipulation & skullduggery at its absolute best. 

If elected, you will be in good company.

At the end of the day, the guy provides a valuable service and meeting place for hundreds if not thousands of Rangers fans on matchdays. Why shouldn't he make a Bob or two?? Do we expect him to run his business as a charity?? Some folk need to get real. If that was the case we would have to chase anyone selling a service or product to Rangers fans on matchdays. Street vendors selling scarfs, flags, badges etc would have to go, the bookies and takeaways would have to go, the off licences would have to go, oh and the Subway would have to go aswell.

7 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

We both get the same allocation mate, what's the big deal ? this ain't the early 90's no more when we used to take 15k to the piggery when it was terracing, do you expect they would still be willing to give us the same present day when they can have an advantage of more home fans ?

I know it's not the early 90s but I feel we give them too much of a psychological boost with a whole end of Ibrox full of tarriers and we don't have that reciprocated. 

Anyway in this day and age 8000 is far bigger an away allocation than you see anywhere else - Old Trafford holds 75,000 and the away allocation is what, 3500? The Bernabeu and Nou Camp are even bigger, and the away allocations even smaller. These days everywhere else away fans are expected by and large to watch on television. 

Which also shoots down the myth that us or the tarriers are needed in the Premiership "because we would take 20,000 to every away game". No we wouldn't because we would only get about 3000 tickets. Even pish clubs fill their away allocation in the Premiership because they only get that amount.

4 hours ago, The Golden Trocar said:

Good luck to you in your quest to get elected.

Cap doffed to you RM. You've played an absolute blinder with this right from the off. From your very public, contrived and brilliantly engineered spat with Dingwall in the early days of RF, to the "we don't need a merger" nonsense, to the "get my boy and mates onto the RF board to push for a merger" all the way to this. Manipulation & skullduggery at its absolute best. 

If elected, you will be in good company.

It's a gift

RM

8 hours ago, NamibianBear said:

No, I mean read the post instead of reading only the little bit you want to be offended by instead.  Absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with your pub.

Can you explain to me what he means in plain language please,obviously I'm not as clever as you two 

RM