Keep believing in Mark Warburton

TMB

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I agree.  I think everybody agrees including the manager who has openly stated the team will be strengthened yet some still feel a need to run down his achievements despite the fact he he has given us exactly what he said he would and I would say even more than any of us expected? 

Point out one person running down his achievements? 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Point out one person running down his achievements? 

Have you actually read this forum?  It's littered with naysayers stating that he has done nothing impressive and doing nothing but complaining while the team sits 14 points clear in the league and in a Scottish cup semi final.  I was in a dispute with one just yesterday who claimed that Warburton is a poor manager with an ordinary team who has done absolutely nothing of any note.  An ordinary team sitting 14 points clear in the league and in a national cup semi final.

Failure to grasp for just one thing that if the team is so ordinary then he must be an extraordinary manager.

9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Have you actually read this forum?  It's littered with naysayers stating that he has done nothing impressive and doing nothing but complaining while the team sits 14 points clear in the league and in a Scottish cup semi final.  I was in a dispute with one just yesterday who claimed that Warburton is a poor manager with an ordinary team who has done absolutely nothing of any note.  An ordinary team sitting 14 points clear in the league and in a national cup semi final.

Failure to grasp for just one thing that if the team is so ordinary then he must be an extraordinary manager.

Well if it's littered point them out, cmon there's so many name them. 

I will say winning this league isn't much of an achievement in itself, winning the Scottish Cup would be a massive achievement. Our real test comes next season and as lots of people have pointed out if we don't get the defence sorted it's going to be a long hard season. 

Now if that's running down our manager then you really need to get out more. 

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Start with you knowing how to do the job better that would be good for a laugh.  You would no doubt have won the league cup too instead of being popped out by St Johnstone and the league would have won been In January.  It's amazing he has got us so far when there are so many out there who know how to do it better.  And even more amazing the board hasn't dumped him for one of these footballing geniuses.

Maybe at least partly because he has delivered everything that was asked of him in the real world and not the internet fantasy version.

That's the second biggest lot of shite I've read, surpasses only by your first post.

I'm a fan, with opinions, at no time have I even slightly suggested I can do a better job. What are you talking about I'd have won this and that, that argument isn't on the table. 

To generalise, he's done a fantastic job, hes the manager I dreamed we'd have, who I pray continues to revolutionise us and I believe will take us to the top again. Unbelievable the turnaround, huge credit to him and SDOW. Nothing miraculous, just

great ability, an eye for players and from what he says financial backing of the board.

But no criticisms at all? Ffs that's akin to not criticising the gardening dud given he won leagues and went a season unbeaten. Was he criticism free too?

If you can't see any negatives at all in our play over the season then you're easily pleased, blind or just at it as an uber fan who won't hear a negative spoken against us. 

One example of criticism for you was leaving the two defenders exposed with Tav and Wallace both attacking. Was it wrong to criticise that tactic? Even though he changed it which has been confirmed by the players, with the tactic now to be either or attacks not both. Fair criticism, and praise too after it was addressed.  Or is that included in your opposing "ANY" criticism?

7 hours ago, sergio said:

If we evaluate the 9 goals lost. 3 from outside the box that were pretty decent strikes and you have to take your hat of to them. The other 6 goals were all from set pieces that we failed to clear at first time of asking which is pretty worrying, but we have got to remember that the teams taking points of us have something to play for and are going for it a bit more. If we get the result on Tuesday, we can then enjoy Hampden.

I would've thought going for a league title would be all the incentive they would need. 

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Don't see anyone not believing. Think almost all on here are happy with the big picture in terms of what he's doing. 

But there's nothing wrong with having opinions, and sometimes these are critical of him or the players.

It's football, it's a forum.

There's probably more who jump to the defence and defend against any criticism on here than there are not believing in MW or even doubting him.

Words fail me with some of our fans opinions at times.

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well if it's littered point them out, cmon there's so many name them. 

I will say winning this league isn't much of an achievement in itself, winning the Scottish Cup would be a massive achievement. Our real test comes next season and as lots of people have pointed out if we don't get the defence sorted it's going to be a long hard season. 

Now if that's running down our manager then you really need to get out more. 

Well there's you apparently.  Not much of an achievement winning this league so handsomely with a team he scraped together in a few weeks that beat everybody in that league in the first quarter while beating two out of three SPL opponents and reaching a national cup semi.

Now if that's NOT running down our manager you need out get your head out of your arse more.

And if you need another how about this?

On 4/2/2016 at 4:03 PM, danger ranger said:

Warburton is making an easy job extremely difficult and has been doing so week after week all season, he is lucky to playing in a shite league and still can't master it even after embarrassment after embarrassment. 

The manager has done EVERYTHING he promised he would THIS SEASON and done it in an impressive manner with a team playing the most attractive football in ANY league in Scotland.  That's the be all and end all.  When a manager dishes up all he said he would there is nothing else than can be asked for.

And now your rambling on about next season when that's NOT the issue.  He can't achieve ANYTHING next season THIS season.  Taking shots at him about what he hasn't done yet when he hasn't even had the chance to is ridiculous.

Give him the funds and the team will improve.

The guy has worked wonders with peanuts and not once has he complained.  

He and papa Weir work 14 hour days and it shows so lay off the guy ffs  

Who would we get to replace him?  So give us all a break as our season starts now over the next 3 games. 

And if we are gonna concede stupid goals do it now rather than the games coming up at Hampden

Celtic will be a tall order but compared to last seasons gap?   We will give them a fucking game alright unlike last time when we celebrated losing 2-0 as with McDowall and his selections that day I feared the worst 

Should we keep believing?

Romping the league - check

Cup final (as far as you can go in the competition at this point in time) - check

Cup semi-final final (as far as you can go in the competition at this point in time) - check

Good signing policy - check

Bettering existing players - check

Made pre-contract acquisitions in preparation for next year - chexk

Attractive brand of football - check

Designed and implemented same footballing philosophy for all age groups - check

Doesn't pander to the media - check

Wears magic hat - check

It's really not difficult to keep believing when you look at where we are now and the progress made in month 9 of a 3 year project.  Looking at how much of an impact he's had its arguable Warbs has had the biggest and quickest positive impact of any manager in our history, and I include Souness in that statement.

i still fully believe in him. i'm not saying he's immune to criticism but he's came in and done an amazing job. he's pretty much put together a complete new team in a short space of time. he strengthened it during january (forrester/o'halloran have been great) and he will do the same during the upcoming summer break. i'd have loved to win every game and go unbeaten but the chances that isn't gonna happen and well it didn't. despite these games where we've lost/drawn we're still about to become champions before the season is done. we're not a bad team but just need improvement in places. it's completely normal. losing/drawing those games is valuable experience to warburton and the players because they know it's unacceptable at rangers. it will expose flaws in our team and only help us in the long run.

next season is when Warburton and the players will truly know what it means to be at Rangers. i think being in the championship this season has been a bit of blessing because the losses/draws aren't as bad. it allows us to fix those problems now before we get into the premiership. we need to hit the ground running at the start of next season and any defeats will add a lot more pressure to warburton/players. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Really?  So what should we have expected in such a short time after the last 3 years with a team that was thrown together in a matter weeks?  Should we have expected a runaway Championship title and Scottish cup semi?  

Yes given our financial dominance, promotion isnt a miracle season as you put it, it was the bare minimum required of a team playing 4 domestic tournaments and outspending their rivals in 2 of them

25 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Give him the funds and the team will improve.

The guy has worked wonders with peanuts and not once has he complained.  

He and papa Weir work 14 hour days and it shows so lay off the guy ffs  

Who would we get to replace him?  So give us all a break as our season starts now over the next 3 games. 

And if we are gonna concede stupid goals do it now rather than the games coming up at Hampden

Celtic will be a tall order but compared to last seasons gap?   We will give them a fucking game alright unlike last time when we celebrated losing 2-0 as with McDowall and his selections that day I feared the worst 

Papa Weir haha

3 hours ago, rolledoats said:

I still believe in MW, the players also have to keep believing in his philosophy too. In the last three games we have not been as solid as we had been, so what has changed? The players are getting a bit nervy - is that 3 injury time goals conceded in a row? The best form of defence is attack - we need to dominate the ball in the last 15 mins of games and go for the jugular.

Which is why the only criticism he really gets is about removing the players who are dominating the ball to put on the likes of Clark.

I understand his view is that it freshens things up but it does not always work out like that and in recent matches it seems to have contributed to the opposition throwing everyone forward late on after the changes

35 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Well there's you apparently.  Not much of an achievement winning this league so handsomely with a team he scraped together in a few weeks that beat everybody in that league in the first quarter while beating two out of three SPL opponents and reaching a national cup semi.

Now if that's NOT running down our manager you need out get your head out of your arse more.

And if you need another how about this?

The manager has done EVERYTHING he promised he would THIS SEASON and done it in an impressive manner with a team playing the most attractive football in ANY league in Scotland.  That's the be all and end all.  When a manager dishes up all he said he would there is nothing else than can be asked for.

And now your rambling on about next season when that's NOT the issue.  He can't achieve ANYTHING next season THIS season.  Taking shots at him about what he hasn't done yet when he hasn't even had the chance to is ridiculous.

Right for one thing can we cut out the scraped together pish, it's getting old. 

You then go on to compare the team at the start of the season to the team now, you can't compare a team "built" in a short time and its early season form to a team playing together for 9 months. 

Still to show me running down the team or manager, but in your warped wee world any criticism is running down the manager. 

Did you seriously think we wouldn't win this league :lol: If Hearts could romp this league then Warburton had a more than good chance of doing the same. I notice you avoided my point that winning the Scottish cup would be a massive achievement (tu)

I'll give you attractive football that can't argued against and I haven't read anybody doing that. What I have read is fans pointing out that when you are ahead in the game the tactics should change. 

Next season is very important if we continue to go Gung Ho from winning positions we will get caught out a lot more than this league has managed. But then for you that's taking shots at him. 

We have a good team for this league but this team won't win 55, and going Gung Ho from winning positions won't help either. 

If you can't get your head around that and continue to claim folk are just running the manager down you need to get off the Internet. 

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It is not littered with naysayers saying he has done nothing impressive.

It has a few people who think his habit of using all our subs most weeks could backfire and a tiny tiny number of people who are talking rubbish about him not doing a great job overall

Managers get criticism the same way they get plaudits, as do players, that's part and parcel of football and always has been.

We seem to be inheriting the new age fan who is just learning football for the first time and struggling with this concept.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I see Jackson is having a go this morning. Not read the article yet only the headline but it's saying things like Honeymoon Period is over and starting to fail. Dear God.

Not read the full article, but seen a few people on twitter mention how he compared the boy Roberts to Messi :lol: 

The manager deserves criticism when it is due he is not infallible.

We will be champions on Tuesday night and that is long overdue.

In the short term he needs to sort the defence out especially before the septic game or we will get beat.

In the close season I fully expect the board to back him and produce funds for him to get a more permanent fix.

I'm sure he knows that when we are in the top league we can't go gun-ho and drop silly points or the real criticism will start in earnest.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Right for one thing can we cut out the scraped together pish, it's getting old. 

It IS a team thrown together in weeks which then defeated everyone in that league in the first quarter, the amount of time they have being playing together since it was assembled isn't the point I made.  The time it took to assemble it IS.  Only the January recruits do not fall into that category, they were watched and mulled over for months as will the Summer recruits.  Do you grasp that concept?  If so YOU can cut out THAT pish.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I will say winning this league isn't much of an achievement 

If that doesn't qualify as running him down well your warped wee world is a strange reality.

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Did you seriously think we wouldn't win this league

Yes I and many others including the entire Scottish footballing media seriously had no idea we would win this league so crushingly after the relative disaster of last season and if you did you're the one with the magic hat who who knew what no one else did.

That a man who has spent more time as a city trader than a football manager could pull that off so convincingly with a team he had weeks to assemble which then thrashed the most likely challengers 6-2 in their first competitive game together before embarking on a run that defeated every team in that league during the first quarter and THAT'S what ultimately won it so handsomely. .

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I notice you avoided my point that winning the Scottish cup would be a massive achievement

I didn't avoid anything I simply didn't respond to every little bit of tattle you come up with which was irrelevant to what he has already done which is all I have focused on.  But if that's your view then now you're getting a little bit of the picture regarding how surprisingly well he has done.  A semi final is just one step away from winning it and the semi is again the point.  What he HAS done already NOT what he might do.

31 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Next season is very important if we continue to go Gung Ho from winning positions we will get caught out a lot more than this league has managed. But then for you that's taking shots at him. 

We have a good team for this league but this team won't win 55, and going Gung Ho from winning positions won't help either. 

Again you come up more irrelevant tattle about next season when I have NEVER at any time focused at all on what he may or may not do in the future.  Only on what he already HAS done.  What he hasn't even had the chance to do isn't the issue.  ONLY what he has been tasked with AND ACHIEVED this season. 

45 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you can't get your head around that and continue to claim folk are just running the manager down you need to get off the Internet. 

What are you even talking about?  In fact I wont even bother pointing out how inane that is.  I already made my point about criticism of the managers current achievements being ridiculous to say the least since he has given us absolutely everything that was asked of him in an impressive and entertaining manner and no one needs to get off the internet if they can't get their head around that or anything else for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It IS a team thrown together in weeks which then defeated everyone in that league in the first quarter, the amount of time they have being playing together since it was assembled isn't the point I made.  The time it took to assemble it IS.  Only the January recruits do not fall into that category, they were watched and mulled over for months as will the Summer recruits.  Do you grasp that concept?  If so YOU can cut out THAT pish.

If that doesn't qualify as running him down well your warped wee world is a strange reality.

Yes I and many others including the entire Scottish footballing media seriously had no idea we would win this league so crushingly after the relative disaster of last season and if you did you're the one with the magic hat who who knew what no one else did.

That a man who has spent more time as a city trader than a football manager could pull that off so convincingly with a team he had weeks to assemble which then thrashed the most likely challengers 6-2 in their first competitive game together before embarking on a run that defeated every team in that league during the first quarter and THAT'S what ultimately won it so handsomely. .

I didn't avoid anything I simply didn't respond to every little bit of tattle you come up with which was irrelevant to what he has already done which is all I have focused on.  But if that's your view then now you're getting a little bit of the picture regarding how surprisingly well he has done.  A semi final is just one step away from winning it and the semi is again the point.  What he HAS done already NOT what he might do.

Again you come up more irrelevant tattle about next season when I have NEVER at any time focused at all on what he may or may not do in the future.  Only on what he already HAS done.  What he hasn't even had the chance to do isn't the issue.  ONLY what he has been tasked with AND ACHIEVED this season. 

What are you even talking about?  In fact I wont even bother pointing out how inane that is.  I already made my point about criticism of the managers current achievements being ridiculous to say the least since he has given us absolutely everything that was asked of him in an impressive and entertaining manner and no one needs to get off the internet if they can't get their head around that or anything else for that matter. 

Are you Mark Warburtons Mum/Wife/Best Friend? 

If not I'll leave so your nurse can get on with her job.