Keep believing in Mark Warburton

TMB

5 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Forrester had a calf problem and MW took him off to prevent further damage. You could clearly see him pointing to his calf as Forrester looked a little bemused he was being hooked. 

Maybe overcautious on MWs part and would have been better to get Law on to do the job as he retains the ball better than Shiels. It wasn't a tactical substitution though.

Fair enough if Forrester was carrying a knock. looked pretty annoyed at being subbed though, so maybe he thought he could've played on.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk are anticipating the end of the journey and of course its an emotional time, I get why people get ahead of themselves I felt the same way on Saturdat

4 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Fair enough if Forrester was carrying a knock. looked pretty annoyed at being subbed though, so maybe he thought he could've played on.

He's like a few of them, they'll say they are fine even if they are carrying one leg. Not a bad trait but need saving from themselves at times. 

Unless we get to PLG levels of shambolic, I'll never stop believing in MW. I can't think of many who would take on a challenge like this and handle it with severe decency and respect; especially when you have the rabid Scottish media down your throat with their agenda. 

47 minutes ago, WGOH said:

has the world at his feet apparently, even popcorn teeth said there was some messi-esque about him. 

They really are a confused bunch. 

Well if popcorn teeth said it then it must be true....he can spot a talent,he rewarded emile heskey with a new contract at Bolton after all.

warburton confirmed he will be looking for a central midfield in the summer. 

it never was gonna be a perfect season but he's achieved the main goal and still could win another 2 pieces of silverware! next season is the real test but i believe he can be successful then too.

14 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The system we play heavily depends on a CDM which is something we don't currently have.  (tu) 

Then sign a CDM.  Don't feed us shite about a 36 year old with a knackered knee or a guy we can't afford.  We are lucky Hibs completely Hibsed it, but this team needs some serious reinforcement in key positions.  

4 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Then sign a CDM.  Don't feed us shite about a 36 year old with a knackered knee or a guy we can't afford.  We are lucky Hibs completely Hibsed it, but this team needs some serious reinforcement in key positions.  

that's what warburton is gonna be doing. did you watch the press conference just there?

4 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Barcelona gave up a lead and lost at home... They not a great team? :pipe:

One game tells you nothing  - Barcca have a pretty decent defensive record and don't lose or draw many once in the lead! 

28 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One game tells you nothing  - Barcca have a pretty decent defensive record and don't lose or draw many once in the lead! 

Same could be said about us really.. our defensive record isnt all that bad...last 3 games aside, of course.

24 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Any team can fail to see out a lead as has been pointed out about Barca its what happens in football. We also have a pretty good record as well or we wouldn't be sitting at the top as im sure you would agree.

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Any team can fail to see out a lead as has been pointed out about Barca its what happens in football. We also have a pretty good record as well or we wouldn't be sitting at the top as im sure you would agree.

Agreed - but we would all like our defensive ( or ability to see out) a game improved from what we have seen since the last 3 games. 

Mind you I expect that to happen and MW will have to develop a slightly more pragmatic approach to closing games out as we progress. 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Anyone that's stopped believing in him is a moron. The guy's worked wonders and we'll win the league tomorrow fs :lol: 

Working wonders, he has only done what any decent manager would do, his whole set up is to attack with an obvious lack of defence, football is a two way street, you have to be able to defend and attack, he has a long way to go before he is a wonder boy.

Anyway hope you enjoy Tuesday night, I'll be there also.

8 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Working wonders, he has only done what any decent manager would do, his whole set up is to attack with an obvious lack of defence, football is a two way street, you have to be able to defend and attack, he has a long way to go before he is a wonder boy.

Anyway hope you enjoy Tuesday night, I'll be there also.

He has worked wonders. Compare last season to this and you'll know what I mean

6 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Miserable kunt :D  Let's wait for the transfer window. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Agreed - but we would all like our defensive ( or ability to see out) a game improved from what we have seen since the last 3 games. 

Mind you I expect that to happen and MW will have to develop a slightly more pragmatic approach to closing games out as we progress. 

I think we would all love to watch a Rangers team that didn't lose any goals and won every game but in the real world I think we all know that's not going to happen regardless of who the manager is and how many millions you do or don't spend. There have been multi million pound Rangers teams in the past incapable of seeing out games as you put it.Its football and that happens.Sometimes some just want perfection and even the Barcas of this world don't deliver that.