Gedion Zelalem

Zappa6995

22 hours ago, Gillete said:

Absolutely delighted for him

i had an absolute clown behind me slating him from the word go, bambi this and fuckin bambi that!

guy was still not happy when he scored, dickhead

even if you don't fancy a player, you don't shout that shite 

well done young man

:anguish: Hate when fans slate our own players during a game. Got to back the team regardless.

I was a bit worried when he came on but he played very well. Always looked to get on the ball and provided a link between defence and attack after the other midfielders began to tire a bit. Scored a great penalty too.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very composed on the ball.

Clearly incapable of tackling.

Excellent penalty.

As a luxury player he may do very well elsewhere.

We don't have the luxury in our system and Scottish football would guarantee him similar treatment as Oduwu received from cluggers.

Good luck to him and thanks 

Thought he done really well when he came on. Kept possesion well and didn't waste a pass. Maybe it was the beer googles but I don't think he slowed it down either - he was quite sharp and uptempo with his passing and movement of the ball.

I have to admit like many others I was a wee bit worried when he came on but he played very well and was very composed on the ball and chose his passes well instead of either being selfish or needlessly giving passes away and took his penalty very well under such high pressure. I hope he keeps this up and am very pleased for him.

Fair play to the boy, I always give him the benefit of the doubt due to his age and the way hammer throwers treat talent in scottish football. 

I thought he would be a good asset against Celtic yesterday, if the boy can do one thing well it's pass. And that's exactly what we needed to take them out. 

But for him being subbed on so late in the game and subbed off for a player that most would rather see stay on, he did really well. 

He is definitely going to be a good player. He's young and needs to build on the physical side of his game but very composed for a teenager and has the skill. Never once lost the ball and took his penalty like a veteran. 

And his hushing of the tims was sublime. Has the potential to shine in a league outwith the kick and rush of the championship

3 hours ago, West_Side said:

:anguish: Hate when fans slate our own players during a game. Got to back the team regardless.

I was a bit worried when he came on but he played very well. Always looked to get on the ball and provided a link between defence and attack after the other midfielders began to tire a bit. Scored a great penalty too.

There was an old guy behind me yesterday and he shouted his way through the whole match and it was get the baw in the boax come on ya diddy and right run at him aw ur hopeless and it was  annoying and dead loud but it came across really passionate like there was no way he was accepting second best. I hate ppl slating our players when it's done with pure venom and borderline hatred but some ppl will never be happy. We need to get behind our team  next season all season as we are in for 65 battles as we will be going for everything including Europe 

:pipe:

The guy has talent, no doubt about that but i dont think his style suits our system, he slows us down when we should be pushing forward with pace, even when he has acres of space in front of him he turns back to then pass backwards, another player i think struggles with our system is Dean Shiels, i like Deano but maybe lacks flexability , he looked lost out wide , recruitment of new players is going to be vital, they need to fit in to the way Magic Hat wants us to play.

6 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

The guy has talent, no doubt about that but i dont think his style suits our system, he slows us down when we should be pushing forward with pace, even when he has acres of space in front of him he turns back to then pass backwards, another player i think struggles with our system is Dean Shiels, i like Deano but maybe lacks flexability , he looked lost out wide , recruitment of new players is going to be vital, they need to fit in to the way Magic Hat wants us to play.

Hmm. The gaffer disagrees with you.

Meanwhile, Warburton stressed that he will speak to both Arsenal and Spurs about the possibility of Gedion Zelalem and Dominic Ball, who both featured in the win over Celtic at the weekend, respectively returning to Rangers on loan next season.

“We have to talk to them and between now and the end of the season and find out what their plans are,” he said. “They might have very different plans. They may already have loans allocated for those particular players.

“But what we have to do is show a loan at Rangers is beneficial for their assets. They are two very talented boys and they fit in fantastically well within the group. They are well liked within the group, they contribute to the group.”

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not a player I rate but did well enough yesterday when he came on, should have got closer to rogic  for their goal though as he stood off him.

I personally don't think he done much wrong for that goal. It seemed Zelalam was on Brown and Halliday lost Rogic, although Law could probably have done a little better IMO to prevent the cut back in the first place,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He is definitely going to be a good player. He's young and needs to build on the physical side of his game but very composed for a teenager and has the skill. Never once lost the ball and took his penalty like a veteran. 

And his hushing of the tims was sublime. Has the potential to shine in a league outwith the kick and rush of the championship

Confident and technically gifted - but lacks physical presence. I'm guessing that's why Arsenal agreed to the loan in the first place. Was never going to get time on the ball playing in the Championship but he needs that experience. Still think he'll play at a top level in a few years.

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Prso's headband said:

Cool as ice. 18 years of age, came on and waltzed round Brown as if he wasn't there. He gets a ridiculously hard time on here for no reason. The kid is a class act and will hit the heights in world football

Totally agree with this....this boy is class personified....if he can fill out a bit and add some steel to his game (attitude, intention and desire as well as physicality) then he has the potential to become a real top, top player!! I referred to him as "lavender balls" in a post before Sunday's game and I stand by that....not because I don't recognise his obvious class but because I recognise his current failings! In saying that, I do believe it's only 'current' shortcoming because he WILL add these attributes to his game! After all, he IS only a kid and that's EXACTLY why he's been entrusted to Rangers and Mr Warburton! Actually, I believe we've witnessed a leap in his development....Sunday, against the scum!!!

5 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Some fans leave me dumbstruck.

Zelalem is a total class act. Would be a valuable player in Europe. Scottish football maybe isnt his ideal playing field but he is classy.

Scottish football is exactly what the boy needs in my opinion and I think that's been recognised by both his paymasters at Arsenal and Mr Warburton! I'm almost sure it was Gio Van B and wee Gattuso that acknowledged the importance and impact the cut and thrust of Scottish football had on their game for the very same reason!! I concur with your other points though mate ?