Dominic Ball

ready1873

I would definitely take him back on loan but would be amazing if we signed him permenantly. He is only 20 and could turn out to be a very, very decent player. However IMO we still need a proper CDM, one who is assigned to that position and is good. We have got crooks and could have ball for next season however neither of them are proper CDM's. Someone like Kevin McDonald could do a job for us!

He was fantastic yesterday. Honestly, I think a holding midfield role is a good position for him, and the rest of the defence seemed far more confident with him there. A few months ago I never saw him as anything other than a defender. Him and Halliday utterly controlled the middle of the pitch . We now seem to have the perfect mix of skill and determination. Remember that this is still an incredibly young team, and they are only going to get better and better.

Just now, Chineseboy said:

He was fantastic yesterday. Honestly, I think a holding midfield role is a good position for him, and the rest of the defence seemed far more confident with him there. A few months ago I never saw him as anything other than a defender. Him and Halliday utterly controlled the middle of the pitch . We now seem to have the perfect mix of skill and determination. Remember that this is still an incredibly young team, and they are only going to get better and better.

Did we play them on Monday too? :D

1 hour ago, Wee Harry said:

Why can you not just enjoy the fact that we fucked the scum and are in the Scottish cup final.

Leave the analysis to the guy that picks the team, think Mr Warburton knows what he's doing!

WATP

This is a football forum for discussion about Rangers.  Someone started a thread about Ball and I responded.  It has nothing to do with how much I celebrated our winning the tie.  If we cannot analyse then the entire forum could be shut down.    My opinion of Ball is exactly that, my opinion.    It is based on how he has played for us at CB and DM.  I simply do not think he is good enough for us going forward as a club.

I really do want him to stay longer. I think he's excellent. So composed for a kid, and he will grow into a fine football player.

He's so comfortable in the midfield sitting just in-front of the defence and he will be missed in the final.

44 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

This is a football forum for discussion about Rangers.  Someone started a thread about Ball and I responded.  It has nothing to do with how much I celebrated our winning the tie.  If we cannot analyse then the entire forum could be shut down.    My opinion of Ball is exactly that, my opinion.    It is based on how he has played for us at CB and DM.  I simply do not think he is good enough for us going forward as a club.

Shut it down, am bored right out ma nut, thank fuck we didnae have social media back in the late 70s early 80s because we had some right shite players then and this place would have been in meltdown.

Anyway have a nice day analysing old pal.

No Surrender

Thought he was pretty average to begin with, but he's certainly grown into the role. I like him. 

Often forget he's only 20, with plenty development ahead of him.

I'd happily sign him permanently, or take another years loan. At worst, he provides competition / back up for CBs and DMs. 

In our 3 best results of the season (Hibs, Dundee and Celtic) he's played really well. 

Thought he was pretty average to begin with, but he's certainly grown into the role. I like him. 

Often forget he's only 20, with plenty development ahead of him.

I'd happily sign him permanently, or take another years loan. At worst, he provides competition / back up for CBs and DMs. 

In our 3 best results of the season (Hibs, Dundee and Celtic) he's played really well. 

Lets have a wee bit perspective here guys.

For a 20 year old playing out of position in his first old firm game, under those circumstances, in that atmosphere the composure he showed was absolutely stunning.

I didn't think he was anywhere near that good, boy did he step up, as did pretty much all of them.

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

No I'm sorry mate, he was very poor in the game.  We must not fall into the trap of allowing the result to deflect from obvious shortcomings.  We are all euphoric about putting out the dark side but we are nowhere near the finished article, particularly defensively.  To put it into perspective, what would the comments be like if Foderingham had not saved that last minute free kick?  The answer is that we would be picking the bones of the players we considered didn't do enough.    We outplayed them in a footballing sense but they actually had more goal-scoring opportunities.  We had twice as much possession but they had three times as many attempts on goal which is a reality we must address going forward.   

I've not said we're the finished article defensively, I'm just saying I thought Ball played well.