Decision time on the future of several Rangers stars

JFK-1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like Ball back if he's available. 

Can't see Zelalem coming back though I quite like him.

Deano. If nobody better comes in then ok for the squad, but he'll likely leave

King Billy will only be back if we buy him. I'm easy either way.

Bell, Clark, Law and Temps have done their time and we wish them well. 

3 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

Ball has impressed me over the last month or so, wouldn't miss any of the others.

Always surprises me how much of an easy ride Shiels gets on here.

He works his arse of in games whether he's playing well or not supporters alway appreciate effort.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

He works his arse of in games whether he's playing well or not supporters alway appreciate effort.

Can't say as I've noticed that amongst his 4 years of mainly being anonymous for us, but each to their own.

35 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Easy decision for me get rid of the lot,Dom Ball on a free would be the only one that would make any sense wouldn't particularly want him on loan again I'd like to move away from loans unless they are significantly better than what we have/could afford 

Are you sure you want to get rid of Clark?

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

The words headless and chicken come to mind, be glad to see the back of him and Clark.

Templeton can go rob some other club

King, could never live up to his name.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I would not keep any of them, we need better (sorry MrC :) ) players IMO.

I know we do but would still keep him albeit on a reduced wage. Warburton has spoken about the need for experienced old heads around the team. However, much as he is a good impact player he needs to show he can the job consistently when he starts and he doesn't do it often enough.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I imagine having Zelalem in the squad helps to promote the Rangers brand outside of Scotland, especially in the USA. 

We tried all this before with the likes of Reyna, Bocanegara and games in the USA - it didn't work then and it won't work for someone like him.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Shiels should never have been signed. Hope they all leave in the summer. Ball is massively overrated on here. Pathetic comments above about Law, yet Shiels has been a great servant. :lol:

They're both been fucking hopeless. If Shiels had grown up supporting Man U he'd get the same kind of stick law does. 

54 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Can't say as I've noticed that amongst his 4 years of mainly being anonymous for us, but each to their own.

Football all about opinions, can't really see him being here next year as i think he's a bit older than the type of player Warburton will want at the club.

The best thing I can add to this is... At least the list of players going this year can hold their heads high when leaving in comparison to last years...

Except Templeton he's been useless. Not seen a topic on him for a while...

I'd keep ball, he's been great all season. Zelalem has really grown into his role, he needs a bit more beef on him and he'd be great. Would happily take both of them back.

Law, doesn't have any presence on the field or at the very least sometimes he's there, sometimes he's not.

Shiels does have a impact to him when brought on as a sub, he likely does provide some form of experience to the younger boys but no where near the extent of what miller could offer. So as a bench guy in semi-serious situations (1st choice injured or rotation) at best. 

Templeton could've been good, but injury has robbed it off him. Not worth the risk off taking him on again just for him to get possibly get injured for all season. 

Its time to move on & I trust Warbs and Davie will replace them with better players. 

Clark just hasnt cut it at Rangers .. 2 important goals this year but other that that not good enough , we need better.

Law & Shiels have been good the odd games for us this season and have been good players for us through the lower leagues but I would rather bring in better players for next season. Theu are not players that are going to help us win the league in my mind.

Temps has to go .. too many injuries and on a ridiculous wage. Hes not that great either... seen him play Peterhead at the start of the season and could hardly beat a man.

Hope we retain Ball on loan .. he has been a good loan signing.

9 hours ago, MisterC said:

I know we do but would still keep him albeit on a reduced wage. Warburton has spoken about the need for experienced old heads around the team. However, much as he is a good impact player he needs to show he can the job consistently when he starts and he doesn't do it often enough.

Maybe at his age now he might prefer to move and get more game time, if W & W keep him then it will be more for his old head than his feet probably. (tu)

I wish him well whatever and you have cast some great threads about him over the last few years. :lol:

Reading the posts I'm probably in the minority but I've not been impressed by any of them.

Ball has hardly been sensational and I'd rather develop our own player than a lad that's never gonna make it at Spurs.