SNP MSPs back anti-sectarian football law amid calls to scrap it

oldbear

24 minutes ago, WMT said:

I don't disagree with a single word you say, but as someone who has friends and family who have suffered at the hands of Sinn Fein\IRA, it's the comparison that I have a problem with. It just feels to me like people are diminishing the real evil of Sinn Fein\IRA..the SNP do not come close..

M8 never close to what you guys went through but lost two friends to these bastards.

Violence often starts with Ill-conceived and irresponsible  rhetoric but I do get your point.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't like the cunt but this one is my fault mate - I mentioned him in reply to someone saying who votes for this shower the SNP 

i don't think he was involved before that 

his comments are as scummy as ever though :tu: 

He would've found a way in mate he always does. 

2 minutes ago, North Antrim Bear said:

I know why people are making rhe comparison, I just think it's short sighted and fuelled by an agenda.

You're getting more and more interesting 

since when was trying to maintain the union, stop Rangers fans getting arrested and trying to do something about anti British bigotry an agenda - it's the decent thing - you say agenda like its cynical 

I don't normal do this but I'm calling you out - shifty as they come 

Just now, K.A.I said:

You're getting more and more interesting 

since when was trying to maintain the union, stop Rangers fans getting arrested and trying to do something about anti British bigotry an agenda - it's the decent thing - you say agenda like its cynical 

I don't normal do this but I'm calling you out - shifty as they come 

Being a Unionist is fine, but comparing the SNP to a terrorist organisation and painting all Yes voters as 'scum' is not. 

And no, I'm not a Celtic supporter, I just enjoy healthy debate with people. I think it's refreshing that not all Rangers fans have the same view. How dull would the Politics section of the forum be if that was the case?!

2 minutes ago, North Antrim Bear said:

Being a Unionist is fine, but comparing the SNP to a terrorist organisation and painting all Yes voters as 'scum' is not. 

And no, I'm not a Celtic supporter, I just enjoy healthy debate with people. I think it's refreshing that not all Rangers fans have the same view. How dull would the Politics section of the forum be if that was the case?!

It's not as simple as that though as you know with everyone's responses in this thread 

for exsmple because the SNP haven't bombed anyone then parallels can't be drawn with the IRA politically? 

28 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No they should come for the football! It really is that simple. 

Celtic, Aberdeen, hibs all play football (well.. to certain extent) why not just watch them? 

Following Rangers (for me) is much more than just 'cause they play football'. 

7 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol:

You can't be a Nazi unless you invade Poland and gas some Jews by that logic

The SNP routinely invite Republican flute bands who play songs glorifying the IRA to their rallys :lol:

But if the Nazis hadn't invaded Poland (starting WW2), and tried to wipe out the Jews, the word Nazi would not have the connotations it has today...

13 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Celtic, Aberdeen, hibs all play football (well.. to certain extent) why not just watch them? 

Presumably they're born into a Rangers family? I didn't choose Rangers due to politics or religion, I followed them because my uncles did. Once you then love that club, you're not likely to abandon it because your politics might differ from the stereotype, are you?

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's not as simple as that though as you know with everyone's responses in this thread 

for exsmple because the SNP haven't bombed anyone then parallels can't be drawn with the IRA politically? 

Comparing them to SF is something I can understand, but the IRA? No.

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Of course you can draw some parallels, they are both Nationalist parties masquerading as being left wing "people's parties" for a start, but to compare them directly is very wide of the mark.

By the way, I am about as Loyalist as you can get, but that is coincidental with my support of Rangers, it is not a prerequisite..

7 minutes ago, North Antrim Bear said:

Presumably they're born into a Rangers family? I didn't choose Rangers due to politics or religion, I followed them because my uncles did. Once you then love that club, you're not likely to abandon it because your politics might differ from the stereotype, are you?

Excellent point.

How many, on here, could honestly say they started supporting Rangers because they personally believed in Protestantism, unionism, royalism, etc?

28 minutes ago, WMT said:

But if the Nazis hadn't invaded Poland (starting WW2), and tried to wipe out the Jews, the word Nazi would not have the connotations it has today...

And If the IRA hadn't murdered men woman and children, English Irish Welsh and Scots, Catholic and Protestant, I wouldn't have a problem with the SNP having flute bands at their rallies playing songs about them.

1 hour ago, ChesterPerry said:

No mate. BP9 wants to be able to go to Rangers games and sing 'ole ole' and 'go rangers, go'

BP9 hates the fact that he's a Rangers supporter (only for the football by the way) but he doesn't want to let his daddy down by defecting. An absolute tadger of a human being and as spineless as they come.

It's been said many a time on here but I'll repeat:

You simply do not find these types of arseholes on buses, in pubs or at any rangers related functions, EVER.

They want to belong in fact they wish they could find it inside themselves, that thing, who knows what it is, that binds us all together. But they don't have it.

The type of cunt that only goes to the games so he can swear with the big boys.

:lol::lol::lol: 

1 hour ago, Hamie said:

I'm a Rangers supporter but don't need 'add ons' to be one - seems a few need their support propped up by external factors. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You really need to calm doon - all that angers no good - but at least you can rant away - 'ON AN ANONOMOUS INTERNET FORUM' :lol: 

Not going to throw insults but you are the minority on here and always will be with your views. Don't know why you bother tbh!!

Just now, Moobs said:

Not going to throw insults but you are the minority on here and always will be with your views. Don't know why you bother tbh!!

Ach perhaps minorities need a voice - but mainly it's the wit of my fellow fans that keep me returning! 

24 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I'm a Rangers supporter but don't need 'add ons' to be one - seems a few need their support propped up by external factors. 

So why support Rangers?

It can't be because your family supports Rangers because you don't need the accident of birth and the familial associations to prop up your support.

It can't be because your friends support Rangers as your support doesn't rely on such external factors.

It can't just be because you're from Glasgow/Scotland as you don't need the "add on" of parochialism to prompt your support.

It can't be because Rangers are the world's most successful club because that would be glory hunting, a trait universally despised in football.

It can't be because of the shared history and traditions as these are unnecessary "add ons".

So why do you support Rangers?