SNP MSPs back anti-sectarian football law amid calls to scrap it

oldbear

There's a tweet flying about from what looks to be his genuine account saying that 'Catholics deserve more protection than Protestants because they've traditionally been treated worse.'

Unsure if it's already been covered or if it's his genuine account. Can't post pics on phone.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

There's a tweet flying about from what looks to be his genuine account saying that 'Catholics deserve more protection than Protestants because they've traditionally been treated worse.'

Unsure if it's already been covered or if it's his genuine account. Can't post pics on phone.

They meant they needed a chocolate starfish protector.

27 minutes ago, Willis said:

I can understand someone who doesnt particularly like the loyalist aspect of the support maybe sitting quiet and not saying anything about the songs etc in a Rangers pub. But BP9 isnt somoene who just doesnt particularly like the PUL aspect of the support - he despises it.

Its not like he just makes a wee comment, he actively seeks out arguments with loyalists. It must boil his blood when we sing the Sash.

Every single time anything to do with the PUL is mentioned BP9 goes off on one, ranting and raving, you can tell it really annoys him.

But he sure as fuck doesnt say anything at Ibrox or the pubs or on a RSC bus. Yet he has the cheek to claim some of us are only vocal because were on an internet forum :lol:

He rants and raves on here, then sits quietly at Ibrox or in the pub. Because he knows hed get ridiculed as much as he does on here. The reason he doesnt mention it anywhere else is because he knows at best he'll get laughed at, and if he talked to folk about the PUL the way he does on here he'd be likely to end up with a sore face. Which is why he comes on here to be the pariah, hes needs a safe place to vent after sitting through a game listening to us singing a songbook that he hates.

:lol::lol: you 'know' a lot about me for someone who ( probably) never met me and you do make a lot of assumptions. I tend to be quite vocal discussing anything - and happy to share my views with anyone - but to be fair I tend to avoid discussing opinions with folks Neanderthal enough to give me a 'smack' just because my views differ from them. Mind you how weak is your argument / position if you have to 'smack' people into agreement!?

1 hour ago, Willis said:

People dont talk about politics or anything else in Rangers pubs and buses naw? They only talk about the football and thats it?

Christ the handwringers are really cluthcing at straws today.

These folk must feel like right fannies during OF games when the whole crowd joins in with Derrys Walls and Rule Britannia, and the handwringers either sit quietly or become plastic loyalists for the day. A bit pathetic imo. Im a Unionist, if I went to see a football game and the entire crowd around me was singing "Stick your union up yer arse" or singing nationalist songs and singing fuck the Queen I certainly wouldnt sit through it, but some have zero conviction.

And they'll all come out and claim that folk like myself are saying that nationalists cant support Rangers, im not saying that, im just saying it baffles me that you do because you must just go to games (id bet many of them dont even go to games), sit quietly while we sing songs that you dont like, then go home, and never go to any Rangers nights or have a sing song in a Rangers pub, must be the most boring way to support a team ever. Never taking part in the songs and the banter because you think its offensive and sectarian. Id just go and watch the rugby if I hated every other aspect of my Football Club apart from the football.

I don't get it either. How the fuck can you enjoy yourself? As a parent, if such traditions and culture go against your personal values, why the fuck would you expose your child to it? I certainly wouldn't. It all beggars belief.

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol::lol: you 'know' a lot about me for someone who ( probably) never met me and you do make a lot of assumptions. I tend to be quite vocal discussing anything - and happy to share my views with anyone - but to be fair I tend to avoid discussing opinions with folks Neanderthal enough to give me a 'smack' just because my views differ from them. Mind you how weak is your argument / position if you have to 'smack' people into agreement!?

I never said I'd smack you I said some might.

I also notice you haven't denied anything I said so I guess I've got you pinned down quite well

34 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

He is actually correct, he just missed out "children" after "Catholic".

Am I bad?!

2 hours ago, Willis said:

Are you taking the piss?

5 hours ago, left winger said:

Bizarre to change the team you support at the age of thirty, for those reasons, considering we'd just had two very successful years from Mojo. A signing which moved our 'signing policy' away from one of the reasons you apparently support us.

ForeverAndEver, my arse!

Of course am taking the piss:lol:

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why do you never hear BP9's opinions being shared in a pub/bus/at Ibrox?

I would love an answer.

Have you seen the abuse thrown at anyone who says anything close to bp9s views on here?

That would only be intensified if face to face and in a crowd, with alcohol involved, it's a recipy for disaster :lol:

Some people love Rangers for a variety of reasons.  There is a massive amount of fans who embrace the PUL stuff and there are a fair amount that don't IMO.  Rangers are a broad church and no one should be abused for not sharing the majority view.

I was raised in a protestant household, my older family members were very involved in that part of things.  I am not, and I know loads of people like me, just like I know loads of people who fully embrace the PUL stuff.   None of the people I know are better or worse Rangers fans for it, and fuck anyone who thinks that they are better than anyone else because of their political leanings, elitist bullshit.

47 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Sounds like the shame driven identity politics of the regressive left, where everything is viewed through a historical lens and certain favoured tribes are bestowed with permanent victim status.  It's not so much about justice as over-compensating for their own white guilt complex, and in my experience these are the same kind of individuals who would happily throw the Falkland islanders under the bus in order to show everyone how anti-imperial they are.

It's virtue-signalling at its worst; unfortunately they tend to infest and exploit positions of influence. 

1 hour ago, Mr Soprano said:

:lol:  the old "systematic institutionalised mistreatment" play.   Straight out of the SJW handbook, that says a black person cant be racist, and a woman can't be sexist.

2 minutes ago, rossDas said:

Sounds like the shame driven identity politics of the regressive left, where everything is viewed through a historical lens and certain favoured tribes are bestowed with permanent victim status.  It's not so much about justice as over-compensating for their own white guilt complex, and in my experience these are the same kind of individuals who would happily throw the Falkland islanders under the bus in order to show everyone how anti-imperial they are.

It's virtue-signalling at its worst; unfortunately they tend to infest and exploit positions of influence. 

THis is a much more eloquent way of making the point I just tried to make in my last post :lol:

1 hour ago, Willis said:

I never said I'd smack you I said some might.

I also notice you haven't denied anything I said so I guess I've got you pinned down quite well

I think I denied quite a lot but hey ho think what you will. (tu) 

15 hours ago, ChesterPerry said:

And fuckin what of it ya prick?

17 hours ago, ChesterPerry said:

I'd love to punch BP9 in the mouth.

Not just you, several posters in this thread need to start behaving themselves before bans are handed out. I can't stand the SNP, but people are within their rights to support whoever they want politically. Attack their politics, but if you continue with personal abuse you can find another forum to do it on.

17 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

And once again the SNaziP fanboy has diverted a thread about his sectarian party around to the folk of the PUL community and why they are everything that's wrong with Rangers football club. 

What a dick you are BP9. 

Fair play to K.A.I as he's replied to this post already, but this happens far too often. BP9 gets a mention from you guys who have a hardon for him before he comments in a thread, then when he comments he gets accused of derailing the thread. Pathetic, and makes the people doing it look far more like dicks than him.

I don't plan on repeating this warning, so everyone play nicely or don't complain when you find you can't post any more.

2 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

This one? 

Screenshot_2016-05-19-14-11-18-1.png

3 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Nothing to do with trying to get the cafflic vote away from labour then?