Ryan Hardie Next Season?

Out on loan to develop, somewhere he can hold down a starting slot. I would love to see him break through next season but I think he`s still got a bit to go before he`d get enough game time for us.

I know it's not the way of football and nor should it be but he really needs to go on the waghorn diet and fill out a bit then maybe there's a player in there. He's got ability just feel like he'll get bullied out of games to often. 

He's proven he can score goals in the Championship this season with Raith and not looked out of his depth, so I don't see what he'd gain from going to Dundee Utd (not that we should be giving them anyone imo) or Killie/Falkirk because we know what he can do in that division.

I'd far rather him play for a lower end Prem team.  I can't see why he wouldn't get significant game time at Partick Thistle, Hamilton or the playoff winner.

Agree with most, another loan (initial 6mth with option of the remaining 6?). Would be careful where we send him, or add a first team clause. No point sending him to sit on a bench. 

The boy has a huge pre season ahead, an opportunity to claim a first team squad jersey. 

With BK and NC both likely to go there is a slot for him even if we bring in another striker.

I hope he gets the chance to stake a claim first half of the season. He can always be loaned out second half if he's not getting pitch time.

As it stands he's probably our most natural finisher.  The chance to get on the pitch, and then the number of chances we create is all he needs.

I do think it's nailed on he'll be loaned out again. Whether that proves fruitful or not only time will tell.

Since MW has come in it has been pretty evident he doesn't rate the majority of our youth players to offer anything to our first team.

I'd like to see him try a loan down in England for a year but most likely will stay up here.

If he can get games for a team aiming to win the Championship eg, hibs, dundee united, killie/falkirk then that will probably be better for him rather than playing for a team at the bottom of the top league that's struggling every week, gets beat and struggles to create many chances.

• 3 months later...

He really needs to beef himself up,Can't be good for his confidence when he's getting on the first team bench,getting some gametime and suddenly from being in the first team squad he's then put out on loan and down the pecking order once again.

The third division was when we should have used all these younger players rather than paying big wages for tools like Ian Black and others.

Young players have to be nurtured,But if they are good enough throw them in and let them get experience and a confidence boost.

Walsh was the same.