Who's to blame?....

cpm1979

Just now, londonderryman said:

Some people need to relax a bit here...nobody is to blame but a lack of competitive game time is, the defense is not shocking, Hibs caught us unawares is all, roll on preseason and march sharpnes will be back in warbs we trust!

Unawares? Are you taking the piss?

In fact, you're a manky cunt I would imagine.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, HenleyBear said:

This, but the referee could have given us a bit better protection especially the three hibs players that bundled McKay before their 2nd goal 

No point blaming the ref after a performance like that. Hibs wanted it more and played better on the day.

27 minutes ago, cpm1979 said:

The defence were shocking and let the team down today, but big wes? yes not given the protection he should have been, but get the feeling he will be found out against quality opposition 

100% agree with everything you say bud!! Spot on!!

Who or what is to blame? Probably a little bit of everything that has already been said. Apart from perhaps Tav's utterly pish performance the game didn't tell us too much  that we  didn't already suspect. I still think a good transfer window(in which MW isn't desperately trying to bring in half a squad at short notice) will benefit us no end. We really did suffer from having literally no decent options on the bench.

5 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Referee had nothing to do with anything, no one to blame but ourselves

I'm not disagreeing with you but the referee, who had a decent game BTW  let the play flow an overlooked all the 50/50's which allowed hibs to bully us on occasions. No escaping that fact that too many players never turned up.

Relax it there, Bound to get beat sometime, just one of those days, it shows that Hibs were, through their rounds of qualifiers more up to speed as today they hit the ground running, Im fully confident its a one off result

3 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Our last SCF was 7 year ago

These game count BIG time

You are also talking shite

6 minutes ago, londonderryman said:

Some people need to relax a bit here...nobody is to blame but a lack of competitive game time is, the defense is not shocking, Hibs caught us unawares is all, roll on preseason and march sharpnes will be back in warbs we trust!

I appreciate trying to be positive, but our central defenders have been exposed time & time again, the first goal we lost today was shocking, even Stokes was shocked the time he was given on the ball...

23 minutes ago, skinnymate1690 said:

The blame goes to warburton for me, yes he has been fantastic in the majority of things he's done but the defence has been poor since the start of the season and if anything its got worse throughout. Nothings been done to fix it 

Totally agree, I can't believe Davie Weir hasn't noticed and worked on it more.

Blame? I don't blame no one you need to put yourself in these position to have a chance at winning. That's what we done sadly today wasn't our day we go again.

If you told me we'd make the final last July I'd have accepted it gladly. I think its abit far to go blaming anyone

The stakes were high.   The Scottish Cup was there to be won.  European football - and financial benefit - was there to be won.   The prestige of winning a cup final was there to be gained.   Basking in the glory of a fantastic treble was there to be grasped.   The Chairman was there - looking no doubt for the quoted 'good season' to become 'a great season'.

As a team they failed.  And failed badly at that.  No hiding place for that sort of failure.  

With such high stakes it's the job of the Manager to set the team up properly for the game, to have them well prepared, to have them well motivated, to inspire them to be the best they can be as individual players and as a team.    Today that was a big failure.   No escaping that.   The blame lies with those who lead.  MW leads so the biggest portion of blame imo lies with the Manager. 

I would not accept any MW soundbites of the variable or random nature of football or a bad day at the office for this.   We are told often enough that preparation is key.  Well there was no evidence today of a team that was well prepared.   

No doubt King will come out and back the Manager and refocus on having achieved the only real 'must achieve' objective for this season of having won the league, and no doubt when pressed both King and MW will guardedly say that money is available to strengthen the squad and that we will be better equipped next season.  Look ahead and not back.   Don't admit blame and don't apportion blame.   That's the nature of management in football - move on, focus on the future, tomorrow will be better, good times ahead, look forward to next season and all that.   Fair enough.   

But this is Rangers.   The expectation of the Support is to win   That expectation was there today.   We were let down.   The cause for being let down that starts at the top with the Manager.    I'm sure that the resultant media attention and Support attention and maybe even the attention of King who is now denied the opportunity of revenue from European games, will not be lost on MW.   This is not Brentford where that sort of failure may be lightly brushed aside.  I hope he learns some bil lessons today in what he himself needs to do to galvanise players to give of their very best for his only Plan A tool in his football toolbox.   

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

The stakes were high.   The Scottish Cup was there to be won.  European football - and financial benefit - was there to be won.   The prestige of winning a cup final was there to be gained.   Basking in the glory of a fantastic treble was there to be grasped.   The Chairman was there - looking no doubt for the quoted 'good season' to become 'a great season'.

As a team they failed.  And failed badly at that.  No hiding place for that sort of failure.  

With such high stakes it's the job of the Manager to set the team up properly for the game, to have them well prepared, to have them well motivated, to inspire them to be the best they can be as individual players and as a team.    Today that was a big failure.   No escaping that.   The blame lies with those who lead.  MW leads so the biggest portion of blame imo lies with the Manager. 

I would not accept any MW soundbites of the variable or random nature of football or a bad day at the office for this.   We are told often enough that preparation is key.  Well there was no evidence today of a team that was well prepared.   

No doubt King will come out and back the Manager and refocus on having achieved the only real 'must achieve' objective for this season of having won the league, and no doubt when pressed both King and MW will guardedly say that money is available to strengthen the squad and that we will be better equipped next season.  Look ahead and not back.   Don't admit blame and don't apportion blame.   That's the nature of management in football - move on, focus on the future, tomorrow will be better, good times ahead, look forward to next season and all that.   Fair enough.   

But this is Rangers.   The expectation of the Support is to win   That expectation was there today.   We were let down.   The cause for being let down that starts at the top with the Manager.    I'm sure that the resultant media attention and Support attention and maybe even the attention of King who is now denied the opportunity of revenue from European games, will not be lost on MW.   This is not Brentford where that sort of failure may be lightly brushed aside.  I hope he learns some bil lessons today in what he himself needs to do to galvanise players to give of their very best for his only Plan A tool in his football toolbox.   

To be fair to the manager he has already stated before the final that he didn't know if our preparation was  good enough or not. He was honest enough to admit this 3 week break was uncharted territory for him as a manager.

A commanding center back is a must for next season.

I called their second goal and my mate called their third.  Should never be in a state where you are fearful when the opposition get a corner. We've been shite at set pieces for so long now.

1 hour ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I'm not blaming the manager, but his score more than we concede philosophy is fucking rank. If he gets rid of the whole defence and gets a decent one for next season, then it might work.

We lose most goals to set pieces which has nothing to do with our attacking philosophy.

1 minute ago, JograBear said:

We lose most goals to set pieces which has nothing to do with our attacking philosophy.

Which is why I mentioned our shite (or non existent) defence. Sort that out and we might get away with playing the way we do. From day one though, I've always been wary about not being able to counter changes by the opposition. They have tried plan b,c,d and e and found a way to play against us. We stick to our guns and are getting found out. If it isn't our tactics, then it's our players that are pish and should never be allowed to kick a ball next season. We'll be fighting relegation with their attitude today.

Every fucking last one of them.

Kenny Miller tried his best, Zelalem would get pass parks, Danny Wilson and Fodderingham were OK,

Tavernier, Wallace, Kiernan were abysmal.

McKay and Holt were non existant, Halliday did one thing all afternoon and Waghorn shouldnt have even started.

Our subs were a comedy double act and by that token so were our Management.

warburton to blame it was apparent after half a dozen games wilson and kieren were hopeless that should have been addresed in january window, and anyone who thinks dean shiels can be part of a midfield three is shown severe lack of judgement. sorry to sound harsh on him but thats the way i see it

2 hours ago, cpm1979 said:

The defence were shocking and let the team down today, but big wes? yes not given the protection he should have been, but get the feeling he will be found out against quality opposition 

Not read the rest of the thread mate but my opinion is midfield let the defence down again. Wes kept us in the the game and warb lost us it buy not changing tactics at 2-1.

thats my view