What really happened at the Cup Final

Siam69

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14509150.What_really_happened_when_the_Scottish_Cup_Final_descended_into_mayhem/?ref=twtrec

What really happened when the Scottish Cup Final descended into mayhem

1 hr ago / Neil Cameron

THE trickle very quickly became a river and then within seconds turned into a flood of people.

As soon as the final whistle blew at Hampden Park on Saturday evening confirming that Hibernian had won their first Scottish Cup for 114 years, a few dozen supporters had broken past the overwhelmed stewards and that immediately surged into the hundreds and then thousands in the blink of an eye.

Most of those who made their way on to the pitch - and this was literally seconds after the game ended - stayed in the Hibs half, as it were, but quite a few, certainly in their hundreds, immediately made their way across the grass towards the Rangers end.

And while the majority were merely celebrating, albeit illegally, there were more than a few who had other things on their mind. They taunted the Rangers end with the usual gestures. Some only a few yards from the front rows.

I personally saw Lee Wallace, the Rangers captain, being punched by one man who then disappeared into the throng. Rangers insist more players were attacked, six seems to the general consensus, and members of the coaching staff although I did not see those incidents myself.

After approximately five minutes from the first fan getting on to the track, you could sense there were Rangers supporters desperate to get involved. Plastic bottles were thrown, one cup full of liquid which came over my head, missed a female steward’s face by an inch, and then despite an increased police presence at this stage, people started to pour out of the opposite stands.

By this time there were easily 5000 Hibs supporters on the pitch, maybe more, and they all-but covered every inch from the centre line to the goal, and those from the Rangers end who got past the stewards numbered a couple of hundred at most.

There was a lot of posturing, people squaring up with not a punch thrown, but I witnessed several actual fights taking places; two dressed in green attacked on man in blue, another Hibs fan was felled from behind from a Rangers supporter who ran from the lower stand to punch him - this drew loud cheers - before disappearing.

Arrests were being made but there were too many people to deal with. The fights were now taking place all over the pitch.

By the time the mounted police belatedly arrived – the best part of ten minutes after any fighting began - there were a large number of their colleagues on the pitch who had formed a thin blue line which kept the rival factions apart.

At this point, the banned Billy Boys song, complete with sectarian lyrics, was belted out by Rangers supporters – some pyrotechnics went off at the start of the game at that end – and the feeling in the main stand at that moment was that the situation was about to get a lot worse.

However, whether it was the presence of police or maybe it was that people naturally began to retreat, everything calmed down, although there remained thousands on the Hibs side of the pitch. Their fellow supporters chanted for them to get off. This was also the message over the tannoy which came with a warning that the cup would not be presented unless they made their way back to the stands.

By this time most Rangers fans had left the ground and some 45 minutes after the game finished, the Hibs captain David Gray eventually lifted the cup.

It wasn’t World War Three and the 1980 Old Firm riot was ten times worse, but the idea no Rangers player was hurt and that the Hibs fans did not provoke their opposition – some of whom accepted their invitation for trouble quite happily – is quite simply a nonsense.

Apparently our fans were singing songs. 

Disgusting behaviour. 

Should have just joined in the fight and asaulted a few Hibs fans who did not go to the extreme of singing songs. 

Apparently fighting is more acceptable than singing in the general Scottish clusterfuck attitude to Rangers fans now. :power_of_anguish:

8 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14509150.What_really_happened_when_the_Scottish_Cup_Final_descended_into_mayhem/?ref=twtrec

What really happened when the Scottish Cup Final descended into mayhem

1 hr ago / Neil Cameron

THE trickle very quickly became a river and then within seconds turned into a flood of people.

As soon as the final whistle blew at Hampden Park on Saturday evening confirming that Hibernian had won their first Scottish Cup for 114 years, a few dozen supporters had broken past the overwhelmed stewards and that immediately surged into the hundreds and then thousands in the blink of an eye.

Most of those who made their way on to the pitch - and this was literally seconds after the game ended - stayed in the Hibs half, as it were, but quite a few, certainly in their hundreds, immediately made their way across the grass towards the Rangers end.

And while the majority were merely celebrating, albeit illegally, there were more than a few who had other things on their mind. They taunted the Rangers end with the usual gestures. Some only a few yards from the front rows.

I personally saw Lee Wallace, the Rangers captain, being punched by one man who then disappeared into the throng. Rangers insist more players were attacked, six seems to the general consensus, and members of the coaching staff although I did not see those incidents myself.

After approximately five minutes from the first fan getting on to the track, you could sense there were Rangers supporters desperate to get involved. Plastic bottles were thrown, one cup full of liquid which came over my head, missed a female steward’s face by an inch, and then despite an increased police presence at this stage, people started to pour out of the opposite stands.

By this time there were easily 5000 Hibs supporters on the pitch, maybe more, and they all-but covered every inch from the centre line to the goal, and those from the Rangers end who got past the stewards numbered a couple of hundred at most.

There was a lot of posturing, people squaring up with not a punch thrown, but I witnessed several actual fights taking places; two dressed in green attacked on man in blue, another Hibs fan was felled from behind from a Rangers supporter who ran from the lower stand to punch him - this drew loud cheers - before disappearing.

Arrests were being made but there were too many people to deal with. The fights were now taking place all over the pitch.

By the time the mounted police belatedly arrived – the best part of ten minutes after any fighting began - there were a large number of their colleagues on the pitch who had formed a thin blue line which kept the rival factions apart.

At this point, the banned Billy Boys song, complete with sectarian lyrics, was belted out by Rangers supporters – some pyrotechnics went off at the start of the game at that end – and the feeling in the main stand at that moment was that the situation was about to get a lot worse.

However, whether it was the presence of police or maybe it was that people naturally began to retreat, everything calmed down, although there remained thousands on the Hibs side of the pitch. Their fellow supporters chanted for them to get off. This was also the message over the tannoy which came with a warning that the cup would not be presented unless they made their way back to the stands.

By this time most Rangers fans had left the ground and some 45 minutes after the game finished, the Hibs captain David Gray eventually lifted the cup.

It wasn’t World War Three and the 1980 Old Firm riot was ten times worse, but the idea no Rangers player was hurt and that the Hibs fans did not provoke their opposition – some of whom accepted their invitation for trouble quite happily – is quite simply a nonsense.

The bold Neil is a beggar fan ,like most of the fuckers .Look out for Craig Swan tomorrow .He is the biggest bastard of the lot 

Just now, mearns loyal said:

Easily the best report around...

Yeah and that's how bad it is .We were a disgrace .We sang a song.while fuckpigs video us and mayhem was going on all around .It's a beggars way of lumping us in with the riot .And those fans in national final should have been nowhere near the field of play .The cops were and are are bunch of covering up shower of double standard bastards of the highest order .

That's pretty much how I saw it. How the fuKK TBB even merits a mention in the context of yesterday's riot I'll never know.  What a fuct up nation we are.  If we could annexe our own "6 counties" free of the scum and just give the rest of the cesspit over to them (as long as they promised never to bother us again) I'd vote for it tomorrow!! 

He can stick his "sectarian songs" up his arse. These rabid bastardised fans of republicanism are carrying flags of another republican nation.

Running the length of a pitch and "Blessing yourself " to goad others of another faith (although that is bullshit)  is a sectarian act of aggression.

Yea, these fans can push their religion in your face after running the length of a football stadium, but if you sing a song.......

Even mentioning a song is simply trying to demonise Rangers fans and give some sort of mitigation to the Hibs rioters on the pitch. 

Its not a fair article its once again having a go at Rangers fans. Anything that Rangers fans done was actioned entirely because of Hibernian fans invading the pitch, attacking our players and running to confront the Rangers fans.

13 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

That's pretty much how I saw it. How the fuKK TBB even merits a mention in the context of yesterday's riot I'll never know.  What a fuct up nation we are.  If we could annexe our own "6 counties" free of the scum and just give the rest of the cesspit over to them (as long as they promised never to bother us again) I'd vote for it tomorrow!! 

That's be tried mate but the doirty bassas can't stay away.

This guy must have been in c section as what he explained happened right in front of me,  he did well to see the Wallace incident and im sure he did, I had my Mrs and two girls with me and was more concerned at the girls crying and us being in no mans land as infront of us were scum trying to get into the area and all around Bears going mental at the scums going ons. Its a fair piece by the guy of what was going on around us.

Why do people think these are good articles when they are hell bent in trying to get us involved too by mentioning singing and lies about Billy Boys having sectarian lines. The guys a prick.

Our captain gets punched, he walks down the tunnel like nothing happened. Neil Lennon got a punch thrown at him that didn't connect, the whole footballing nation was in meltdown and candlelight vigils were being held outside the piggery

You see the difference between Rangers and the rest? We have something called dignity.