The Propaganda percentage……

Virtuoso

I done some fag packet maths yesterday and worked out that roughly 0.0071% of ticket buying Rangers fans have been charged under the act in that table.  That's an absolute miniscule percentage of "crime", and it's a slap in the face to those who thought we needed this legislation int he first place.

This is way more in depth than I ould ever have done,  kudos to the writer.

What a fantastic post and reflects what I've been saying and thinking for years that we have people making money and getting themselves votes out of the disgusting myth that we have a massive issue with sectarianism.

The following think they are the solution but are really part of the problem:

rc church

politicians 

scottish govt

glasgow council

celtic fc 

bigoted press

police

nil by mouth

sense over sectarianism

tom devine and other one sided writers

bigoted bloggers

49 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I done some fag packet maths yesterday and worked out that roughly 0.0071% of ticket buying Rangers fans have been charged under the act in that table.  That's an absolute miniscule percentage of "crime", and it's a slap in the face to those who thought we needed this legislation int he first place.

This is way more in depth than I ould ever have done,  kudos to the writer.

I got a slightly higher number of 0.15% (ok that's actually hugely different from your number) working on the assumption that it's the same fans attending every game but even then that's a tiny percentage of the fan base and the headline figure is 99.85% of Rangers fans have not been charged under this act, yet this tiny figure will again be used to demonise us.

Is this not the sort of thing that club 1872 should be challenging openly using the figures you guys have worked out ?  I am sick of our club, and support, being held responsible for all the ills of Scottish football and culture.

It's like a mother in denial that her offspring would ever do something bad, the separatists will protect their voters come what may. Politically motivated bias directed at a minority grouped by football allegance. Get this out there people who can write!

1 hour ago, Spectre said:

I got a slightly higher number of 0.15% (ok that's actually hugely different from your number) working on the assumption that it's the same fans attending every game but even then that's a tiny percentage of the fan base and the headline figure is 99.85% of Rangers fans have not been charged under this act, yet this tiny figure will again be used to demonise us.

I may have added a zero in there.  I might have got 0.071 :lol:

I worked it out at 71 charges divided by roughly a million tickets sold to bears (home and away)

I think we all know what's going on, the question is, what are, or can we do about it.

The fact that the media go along with this is their main instrument in the propaganda, but even if you're not pooh-poohed, the press never seem to print any letters or opinions from the other side. In fact, there appears to be nothing other than the 'official' version in the nations media outlets.

I suppose a campaign of complaining might help, but it will take years to bring politicians, or any of these haters to book.

Still, you gotta start somewhere!

We can cut the % anyway we want, the problem is the "government" have told the civilians what the "facts" are, and they now have them embedded in their minds.

......Rangers support = bad  :(

One number that I am surprised at being overlooked so often in these reports is that in 41% of the reported 581 cases of all religiously aggravated crimes, the "victims" were the police themselves.

If you actually read the report, the total number of religiously aggravated charges made under the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act was 63. Yes, sixty-fucking-three. All that forum monitoring, all those wee diddy policemen with their camcorders filming crowds, and all that time wasted in parliament and the press for 63 charges of someone shouting "Ya dirty something religious bastard" in a whole year.

Oh, and in one third of all the incidents reported, the accused was pished.

Oh, and only half of the incidents actually happened at a football stadium.

Really worthwhile law you've got yourselves there, right enough.

You just have to look at the way England getting reported past two days in the Record and the Scottish Sun to realise what's going on 

every video I've seen is Russians, Marseilles locals and cops charging English fans they react abd they start recording from there 

there's a video doing the rounds now of an English fan on the deck and 3 minutes of riot cops running past him every one booting and kicking him when he can't defend himself 

it's the same logic when it comes to Rangers fans and all part of the Rangers PUL British unionist tar brush 

the Daily Record to their credit nailed their coloures to the mast with the Scottish referendum with the no campaign but then spend every single minute attempting to demonise the unionists as if to level the playing field 

it's scummy and cowardly 

I'll do a wee countdown on BP9, Briton, The Dude coming on and saying paranoid Protestands or something ...

913,000 catholics in Scotland ? How many go to chapel ? How many are living in sin ? How many have a wank ?  , let's see the figure for PRACTICING Catholics. Thankfully i can guarantee you it'll be a lot lower number and the only other guarantee I can give you is that sectarianism will only end when people stop praying to a imaginary man in the sky . I've always believed that anyone who is religious is open to ridicule for living a life of superstition and should develope a thicker skin, with "their"gods help obviously ?. Racism a whole different thing entirely and only idiots are racist, for you can choose religion but not the colour of your skin.

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

913,000 catholics in Scotland ? How many go to chapel ? How many are living in sin ? How many have a wank ?  , let's see the figure for PRACTICING Catholics. Thankfully i can guarantee you it'll be a lot lower number and the only other guarantee I can give you is that sectarianism will only end when people stop praying to a imaginary man in the sky . I've always believed that anyone who is religious is open to ridicule for living a life of superstition and should develope a thicker skin, with "their"gods help obviously ?. Racism a whole different thing entirely and only idiots are racist, for you can choose religion but not the colour of your skin.

I think this sums up what you are saying.:D

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:26 PM, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Tongue in cheek here but what percentage of celtic players have made sectarian or racial hate speech?....followed by what percentage of those have the authorities punished?

You're absolutely right.  A look at Celtic's recent history tells you a lot about the type of degenerates they're willing to employ.  Stokes, Tonev, and particularly Leigh Griffiths.  Celtic fans like to claim they have an 'all inclusive club' and that their fanbase is largely that of Irish immigrants.  Why then do they employee this scumbag Leigh Griffiths who clearly hates immigrants?  Griffiths has been done twice for racism and Celtic just sweep it under the carpet because it doesn't suit them to acknowledge it.  Scoring goals does not make casual racism an okay thing, unless it would seem, you play for Celtic. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Don't forget the former manager when he played for them turning to the Copland stand & calling us dirty orange barstewards. Also remember the press if I recall picked up on it but after a day dropped it sorry swept it under the carpet.

On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 1:10 AM, K.A.I said:

You just have to look at the way England getting reported past two days in the Record and the Scottish Sun to realise what's going on 

every video I've seen is Russians, Marseilles locals and cops charging English fans they react abd they start recording from there 

there's a video doing the rounds now of an English fan on the deck and 3 minutes of riot cops running past him every one booting and kicking him when he can't defend himself 

it's the same logic when it comes to Rangers fans and all part of the Rangers PUL British unionist tar brush 

the Daily Record to their credit nailed their coloures to the mast with the Scottish referendum with the no campaign but then spend every single minute attempting to demonise the unionists as if to level the playing field 

it's scummy and cowardly 

I'll do a wee countdown on BP9, Briton, The Dude coming on and saying paranoid Protestands or something ...

I shared this yesterday mate,a few folk told me it was from a match in the Ukraine and not France.

Agree with what you are saying though.