Kiernan & Wilson Next Season

What would you want to see done with them?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. First Choice Squad Players?

• Both
    • Kiernan Only
    • Wilson Only
    • Neither

So most if not all of us are in agreement the defence needs work. Keeping Wallace and Tavernier exempt from this (although Tavernier isn't sound defensive wise) since they are fullbacks. Our centre backs have left some things to be desired. They have shown up to games and other times they've made bad mistakes.

So for next season, what would you want to see done with Kiernan and Wilson? A new Centre half is needed, but would you rather having 2 new centre halves with K&W back up or a rotation between the two? 

Get rid of both, it's amateur hour with them would never have signed Wilson in the first place and Kiernan just can't defend.

Hopefully, someone will take them, Hearts weren't slow on Dumping Wilson when they went up.

They both struggled at times. They were both fantastic at times, especially the Celtic game. I think tbh our system leaves CB exposed. There will be more cover this year with JB or the lad Rossiter in the DM role.

Think we need a commanding no nonsense CH for defending set pieces. A monster, but one who can also play a bit.

If we can get two better centre backs i'd be delighted. However I wouldn't be against one of them plus a new centre half. I would also be very content with them both as squad players. I think they can both add value although in order for them to be 1st team regulars they must improve their consistency and eliminate stupid, basic, unnecessary errors. 

We should be always looking to get better players, in every single position and that means no ones place should ever be safe. As great as Wallace, Waghorn, Holt etc have been, and as much as I love them, if we can find better than them, we should always go for it. That's the only way we will improve and get to where we want to be. If you continue to sign better players, better than we have, or if those that are already here rise to the challenge and raise their game to another level, it will only increase our chances of achieving all our goals.............

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

They both struggled at times. They were both fantastic at times, especially the Celtic game. I think tbh our system leaves CB exposed. There will be more cover this year with JB or the lad Rossiter in the DM role.

Think we need a commanding no nonsense CH for defending set pieces. A monster, but one who can also play a bit.

Could Crooks do this ?

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

I think they will be better with some protection in front of them, however I would rather sign a new CH to give them competition, I would also sign a right back and play Tav further forward.

If they were even half decent they wouldn't need protection.

If either are there .Then I think we can only hope for mid table .

We need someone who can whip in  a decent set play  ,someone who can cause havoc in the oppositions box at set pieces .We need much more pace .

We definitely need 2 dominant centre halves 

If these 2 are here .MW has either learned nothing or he is being hamstrung with King and Murray as to who we can sign .

Wilson is poor for me .Kiernan is marginally better ..He has some brilliant games but he can have shockers like the final .

Surely we need better in these positions 

Maybe a central defender who can chip in with few goals .

I think we are still miles off at present but with these two ,we have no chance 

Sadly Kiernan should be the back up option.

They are both so different. Kiernan is a big physical player and tries his best every game. Evidently bar the cellic game his best isn't good enough on a consistent level. 

Danny Wilson lacks concentration when playing the lesser teams and had the attitude that he had played at this level before so he didn't need to do as much. He stepped it up in the big games this season and his experience will play a huge part next season. 

21 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

They are both so different. Kiernan is a big physical player and tries his best every game. Evidently bar the cellic game his best isn't good enough on a consistent level. 

Danny Wilson lacks concentration when playing the lesser teams and had the attitude that he had played at this level before so he didn't need to do as much. He stepped it up in the big games this season and his experience will play a huge part next season.

:541:

54 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

His influence would mean we don't take the title. Slow as a week in the jail.  Poor positional sense, Hopeless in the air, no physical presence. He is mince. Don't know who is the worst of the two, with them being as bad as one another