Dave King Response #8 - Ally McCoist

Ace

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Between Whyte and Green Ally who stood up for  us when everyone else was putting us down. Who else inside Ibrox was fighting our corner?

If you want to start a thread on Naismith and others then do so, but this one is about how the club should treat one of our greatest players, as far as I'm concerned he should be made welcome when he returns to Ibrox.

you said during admin, but im guessing you mean post admin, even then you have to remember that ally was the one that negotiated a reduced contract that mad eit virtually impossible for him to be sacked

17 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Imagine - you putting the boot into our manager and an all time great - mind you that's what you do - hate! 

Says the hateful bigot 

hes no rangers great he's a fat arsed spiv like the others 

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

you said during admin, but im guessing you mean post admin, even then you have to remember that ally was the one that negotiated a reduced contract that mad eit virtually impossible for him to be sacked

During and post admin.

You seem to forget that we had a multi billionaire involved with Rangers and he was willing to give loans when it suited him, I'm sure he had the resources to fund a replacement manager if need be.

Anyway we are getting away from the fact that Ally was one of the greatest strikers to grace the jersey.

46 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Between Whyte and Green Ally who stood up for  us when everyone else was putting us down. Who else inside Ibrox was fighting our corner?

If you want to start a thread on Naismith and others then do so, but this one is about how the club should treat one of our greatest players, as far as I'm concerned he should be made welcome when he returns to Ibrox.

That be the same Ally at that time filling his pockets with penny shares like the rest. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

so what, ally fought for our titles, big deal, he more than got what he deserved for simply arguing with the SFA

the real heroes in the last 4 years were the fans that continued to show up in droves, fans who donated their mortgage payment to the RFFF (only to see it pissed up a wall) fans who sold out ibrox and donated tickets just to give the club money, the fans who followed home and away, no matter how fucking bad a job mccoist was doing, that night against alloa where we threw away a 2 goal lead for example, mccoist got a fucking wage for that collape, all the fans got was the humiliation of watching a 7million quid a year first team squad lose to a team containing a fucking school teacher

any fan, and i mean ANY fan would have stood up for the club against title stripping, infact ally got paid to do so, look at the work by the likes of the lawman, PZJ, vanguard bears etc, dont see them being paid 800k a year by the club to fight their good name

yes ally helped a lot throughout the admin and beyond, for that he gets applause, no more, unless you wanna start listing each and every single fan as heroes as well

When did any of them argue the case with the SFA/SPL? I agree that they stand up for the club in a much more eloquent manner than I ever could but they have no influence whatsoever with the authorities. Ally had and did.

My opinion for what it's worth is that Ally deserves the flak he's getting at the moment as his playing style was awful, the players seemed on too much of a jolly and he did fill his pockets.

He could easily have come out and told the truth of the five way agreement and what was going on behind the scenes as he would of had the entire support behind him making it near impossible for the board to sack him but he said nothing.

I also believe that eventually he should be remembered more for his goals and his contribution to the Souness and Smith eras but now is too early.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

so what, ally fought for our titles, big deal, he more than got what he deserved for simply arguing with the SFA

So what? Big deal??  

That's probably the stupidest statement I've seen on here for some time.  Shows a distinct lack of appreciation of the significance of the act...or a deliberate disregard so you can have a go. 

There was no-one else at the club prepared to take on that fight at the time and had he not, and won, then the fall-out would have been absolutely disastrous for us.  It really was one of the most important victories in our history and McCoist obviously realised the significance whilst the rest were for selling us down the river.

The significance of that should be rewarded with a fuckin statue!

1 hour ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Without saying whether I agree or diagree with the message itself, how can say this is how the majority feel? What are you basing this on? 

Eh let me see ,maybe the fact that 90% on here wanted him gone in a poll and a fair majority castigated him for his behaviour over the gardening leave scenario 

Not looking to score any points by telling you this .Think it's pretty much seen as red on here .Pretty sure it's the same elsewhere .

Having said all that .I know he will still be treated like a messiah when he dies surface at Ibrox .Ally Is a clever guy .He knows time out ,is his only chance to even receive this  

This undoubtedly  is a tough one for me and other bears of a certain vintage who grew up watching McCoist banging in goals and being the constant  grim reaper to celtic. What he has done for the club as a player and as manager back in 2012  is not up for debate..guy deserves his place in the annals of history.....what he has done since sticks in the craw of a Huge sway of the Rangers  support including myself who grew up idolising the guy. 

His constant silence only futher riles a very unhappy group of bears.

Today? I have no interest in him whatsoever....the sight of him makes me wanna spew frankly 

9 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

So what? Big deal??  

That's probably the stupidest statement I've seen on here for some time.  Shows a distinct lack of appreciation of the significance of the act...or a deliberate disregard so you can have a go. 

There was no-one else at the club prepared to take on that fight at the time and had he not, and won, then the fall-out would have been absolutely disastrous for us.  It really was one of the most important victories in our history and McCoist obviously realised the significance whilst the rest were for selling us down the river.

The significance of that should be rewarded with a fuckin statue!

The more I read your posting ,the more I think you may even be working at Ibrox 

ffs a statue:disappointment: Behave yourself and stop insulting fellow bears 

2 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

So Ally is a pariah? Who was it fought against the agreement to strip titles? Oh wait a minute, that would have been Ally McCoist. For that alone he is a hero to me.

He had to do something for that rediculous wage he was on as manager. I don't wish him any harm but for someone to be such a hero to many my age and thousands more it just hurts the way he conducted his business and lied to us then decided to sever ties with us when it suited him to do so. DK statement is shocking as well imo it's basically Shite and he should've been doing these questions to the faces of the shareholders but chose a pishy way to do it by answering the questions he wanted to not the ones he would've had to. Oh aye and he believes ally and his team would've got us out the championship??? He didn't watch any football under ally did he? He obviously doesn't realise the amount of people who stopped going to ibrox because of the football alone never mind all the boardroom shit. 

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I'm sure it was reported at the time that it was Ally that fought to prevent any titles being stripped,i remember his face as he left one of the 5 way agreement meetings and he was raging.

Ally pissed me off with the dross football he served up but *tin hat on* i think there's more to him hanging on and receiving payment than meets the eye.

Sure,it comes across greedy and selfish but i think he knew the likes of the Easdales and Ashley would not part with the cash to bag him,i think he was trying to force their hand pre Agm/new board taking over.

PG mate .I've been holding onto this one for a long long time .

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Eh let me see ,maybe the fact that 90% on here wanted him gone in a poll and a fair majority castigated him for his behaviour over the gardening leave scenario 

Not looking to score any points by telling you this .Think it's pretty much seen as red on here .Pretty sure it's the same elsewhere .

Having said all that .I know he will still be treated like a messiah when he dies surface at Ibrox .Ally Is a clever guy .He knows time out ,is his only chance to even receive this  

Yeah not looking to argue but I do think those on here are a small minority of the Rangers support (I mean that in terms of numbers not opinions). Couldn't say what it's like elsewhere. You may be right but I think there are supporters who separate the playing days from the managerial days. They still consider him a legend for what he did as a player and would be happy for him to be at Ibrox. 

Ally is no longer manager and remains a legend and a player. 

Aye. He was shite as a manager, but he tried and failed. 

We need to attempt some civility and move on. He may have profited but I will never doubt or deny his loyalty to us. 

Mmmm interesting read.

As a footballer McCoist will always be a legend for me and deserves to be in the hall of fame.

The final season in the top flight I don't blame him for what happened because after Whyte he was the face of Rangers and got hit with a lot more responsibilities than any manager should ever have.  Can't even blame him for the start of the first season in the bottom flight as we/he didn't even know if we were going to be allowed to actually play football about up to two weeks prior to the season starting.

BUT he had plenty of time during that season and subsequent seasons to get the football right on the pitch to develop players and to improve as a manager but he didn't and in the end the way he left us was farcical and from a managerial point of view totally unforgivable. 

13 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Yeah not looking to argue but I do think those on here are a small minority of the Rangers support (I mean that in terms of numbers not opinions). Couldn't say what it's like elsewhere. You may be right but I think there are supporters who separate the playing days from the managerial days. They still consider him a legend for what he did as a player and would be happy for him to be at Ibrox. 

You are right about that Ghandi .One of the proudest things in my life .Seen everyone of Ally's 27 " live " .Can you imagine how hard it is for me .I respect any bears feelings on the Ally debate within reason 

Except for statues being erected Ofcourse .

He is well short of that now for all time .

29 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The more I read your posting ,the more I think you may even be working at Ibrox 

ffs a statue:disappointment: Behave yourself and stop insulting fellow bears 

You have any idea of the consequences of just how important McCoist was at that point and the consequence of inaction?  Regardless of anything else he ever did at Rangers it's probably his most important act....and one of the most important in our history by anyone. 

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing new, he's came out with this shite before but it also flies in the face of what I got told (came from a director) that they tried 3 times to get McCoist in to negotiate a deal but refused every time ... before getting another job offer and it being in his interests to deal. This is 100% genuine and the truth. McCoist is a spiv and if there's a degree of truth in that leaked Charlotte email that's floating about somewhere in the Boardroom section he should never be made welcome to Ibrox again.

We only have your word to take that this information is 100% genuine.  Now I'm not suggesting that it's not but I would argue that it's time to draw a line under it. 

17 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

We only have your word to take that this information is 100% genuine.  Now I'm not suggesting that it's not but I would argue that it's time to draw a line under it. 

Others can mate - I'll never forgive him for everything