Dave King Response #8 - Ally McCoist

Ace

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

He couldn't really though as it was an open Q&A between King and the fans who sent questions in.

I'll bet there's plenty of harder questions that will go unanswered. He could easily have skipped this one because it's pretty unimportant anyway.

Ally hand your shares over to club 1872 first, you are a crook just like Green, those shares were a sweetener to sell us down the river.

Just please do not go out the park at half time as you will not get the response you want as we don't buy the nice guy attitude once you fuck the club over.

Dave King talks the talk but it's the supporters money that's keeping the club going not his 

41 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The mantra of hatred! 

Your right I hate Ally the spiv - it doesn't annoy me you continually telling me it albiet ironic as you are the most hateful person on here 

6 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Blinkers of a fan.

You are expecting a man to give up his only source of income while he has a young family after dealing with the worst shit for 4 years in it. 

Hypocrite. If half the circumstances McCoist went through happened in your job, I'd put money on your response to being 'fuck it' and ensuring you got what you were entitled to.

5 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

So in your mind you believe that Goram seen Ally being well rewarded by his employers even though he was a failure at the job and thought fuck it I'm going to rip the fans off. 

You don't half talk shite at times CB, but get a grip that's bad even by your standards.

No I believe a lot of the so called Legends think its fair play to use the club and the fans as their own personal piggy bank. 

The fact you think nothing is wrong with this says everything about you. 

7 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Blinkers of a fan.

You are expecting a man to give up his only source of income while he has a young family after dealing with the worst shit for 4 years in it. 

Hypocrite. If half the circumstances McCoist went through happened in your job, I'd put money on your response to being 'fuck it' and ensuring you got what you were entitled to.

That's not fair 

1- the mans not on the breadline. He's made millions from Rangers alone including a ridiculous wage as manager and penny shares.

2- I actually agree that he was entitled to what was in his contract - what my major issue is with him is the fact we tried to do a deal 3 times and he refused yet dealt when he had another job lined up so that it meant he was being paid twice - at our expense - he came to us and dealt 

the Charlotte email that Lawman is talking about above this is another bit of icing on the cake. I believe it's genuine and it shows him in his true light.

Best ever Rangers striker, that's a given but all that goodwill got used up years ago and I can't stand the sight of him now. He's a spiv and no better than the rest of them that's been involved with our club past few years 

12 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Between Whyte and Green Ally who stood up for  us when everyone else was putting us down. Who else inside Ibrox was fighting our corner?

If you want to start a thread on Naismith and others then do so, but this one is about how the club should treat one of our greatest players, as far as I'm concerned he should be made welcome when he returns to Ibrox.

Ally told us all Whyte was an excellent Chairman. Then Green. Then Mathers. Then Wallace. He knew he was shite at the job but would have said anything for £750k a year plus millions of penny shares. 

In many ways he's worse than Naismith and Whittaker. At least they fucked off and didn't screw us for years whilst downing tools. (tu)

Ally McCoist had the easiest task of any manager in the history of our football club. 

He couldn't even win the worst trophy in the history of top flight Scottish Football despite 3 shots at it. 

He should we wiped from memory. And I say that from the standpoint of him once being my footballing hero. (tu)

5 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Ally told us all Whyte was an excellent Chairman. Then Green. Then Mathers. Then Wallace. He knew he was shite at the job but would have said anything for £750k a year plus millions of penny shares. 

In many ways he's worse than Naismith and Whittaker. At least they fucked off and didn't screw us for years whilst downing tools. (tu)

When Ally told us he had a good working relationship with all of them maybe he was just being honest at the time.

There was a time many of us thought he wasn't a very good player as game after game he missed chance after chance,  in fact practically everyone inside Ibrox  let him know he wasn't rated but to be fair to him, he never hid  and eventually proved his critics wrong, it was hardly a surprise to me that as a manager he wasn't simply going to walk away as soon as the going got tough.

I don't believe it was all about the money for him either otherwise he would probably not have quit his cushy life getting well paid for making tv appearances.

33 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No I believe a lot of the so called Legends think its fair play to use the club and the fans as their own personal piggy bank. 

The fact you think nothing is wrong with this says everything about you. 

Plenty of ex players live of their past reputations but only because fans are happy to pay to be in their presence. 

The fact you can't tell the difference between ex players who turn up at these events and a man who takes the money upfront then doesn't show up says everything about you.

This nonsense about what he was entitled to according to his contract.Dear me what were the Rangers support ( who ultimately) were paying his salary entitled to.Were they not entitled to a manager who had his own ideas  new ideas in training and tactics,were they not entitled to a manager with a bit more forward thinking and planning,were they not entitled to watch a  team at least try and play some decent football,were they not entitled to have a manager like now who did not believe in defending every corner and set piece with everyone back defending the ball, were they not entitled to have a manager who SHOULD have built up his network of contacts ( when he was assistant) like the manager who is there now,instead of relying on the likes of Neil Murray. Never mind what a very well paid employee was entitled to what about what the supporters were entitled to.There was nothing repeat nothing to stop Ally approaching the board and simply saying that what he was getting paid to manage Rangers in the lower leagues was excessive. In fact if the stories are true about what MW is getting paid then Allys salary was  excessive even in the Spl.At any point he could have re-negociated his contract and taken a realistic salary for where the club were at the time.  At any time he could have said to the board for example that he would take the same salary as whoever and if he got the club back to the Spl he could have picked up a worthy bonus.Did he well I think we all know the answer to that one.So lets save us the shit about what he was entitled to and think about what the most important think at this great old club were entitled to and that's the Rangers support.

32 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

When Ally told us he had a good working relationship with all of them maybe he was just being honest at the time.

There was a time many of us thought he wasn't a very good player as game after game he missed chance after chance,  in fact practically everyone inside Ibrox  let him know he wasn't rated but to be fair to him, he never hid  and eventually proved his critics wrong, it was hardly a surprise to me that as a manager he wasn't simply going to walk away as soon as the going got tough.

I don't believe it was all about the money for him either otherwise he would probably not have quit his cushy life getting well paid for making tv appearances.

I'm guessing you think the email was fake then. (tu)

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Others can mate - I'll never forgive him for everything 

That is your right,  I'm not saying that we should forgive and forget  simply move on.  We are in an exciting new era for the club playing the best football in years with some high quality players joining. Let's look to the future instead of the past.  We have learned the lessons and we are far stronger because of them. 

48 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Plenty of ex players live of their past reputations but only because fans are happy to pay to be in their presence. 

The fact you can't tell the difference between ex players who turn up at these events and a man who takes the money upfront then doesn't show up says everything about you.

You just don't get it do you. 

You think because they scored a few goals or made a few saves it gives them the right to treat the club and the fans with total contempt. 

We have plenty of ex players who are truly worthy of the term Legend sadly we have many just interested in trying to grad any blue pound they can get their hands on, it seems you hold them all in the same regard which doesn't surprise me. 

3 hours ago, Gooseman said:

That is your right,  I'm not saying that we should forgive and forget  simply move on.  We are in an exciting new era for the club playing the best football in years with some high quality players joining. Let's look to the future instead of the past.  We have learned the lessons and we are far stronger because of them. 

I agree - but that works both ways and extends to us running back and offering him hands of friendships 

hes welcome to buy a ticket and park his spiv Arse in a stand 

It's funny, this answer from King has generated the biggest thread on here (compared to his other answers) yet the topic has absolutely nothing to do with where Rangers are going.

Ally is always going to split opinion, regardless of how many hundreds of threads there is on here.

Personally, I just want to move on and focus on the positives happening at Rangers right now.

Ally was a disaster as a manager.

In 2011 he managed to face Malmo with a team that didn't look as though they'd done a days training. We were knocked out of the Champions League. Second up was fiasco against Maribor, the season was hardly 2 minutes old. We were then knocked out of the League Cup by Falkirk. And lets not forget the big points turnaround with the filth.

I think it could be argued that Admin saved his bacon.