O'Halloran

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MOH is the type of player who can make the difference and turn games. Given the chance, this guy will be one of our gems and to fuck with all this square passing shite, or we will be toast with better teams, particularly with our main two liabilities thumb sucking at the back! Him and the two subs were a revelation when they came on. All on the same wavelength and roasted that well defence,

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

MOH is the type of player who can make the difference and turn games. Given the chance, this guy will be one of our gems and to fuck with all this square passing shite, or we will be toast with better teams, particularly with our main two liabilities thumb sucking at the back! Him and the two subs were a revelation when they came on. All on the same wavelength and roasted that well defence,

Two square passes resulted in two goals. Can be quite deadly around the penalty box. MOH looks nothing like the player we signed in January. Looked constipated in the latter half of last season, but very energetic, fast and direct today. On todays performance he wants to start every game.

As many had hoped it was just a case of getting settled with a new team.

Even though I don't like the term I think he'll most likely be an impact sub this year. Pretty sure his sub appearances will outweigh his starts as when teams tire imagine this guy running at you.

Tav also needs to use him when the option is there as he does with waghorn as I found a few times today he just didn't spot him or choose to play it to him.

Thought both MOH and Windass looked good when they came on, they both have an energy and directness that's been missing at times over the last year or so.

They both want to run forward with the ball rather than make 50 passes in midfield before trying to shoot.

When Rangers get a fully fit Barton and Kranjcar in the team it will bring out the best in players like OHalloran.

He's a great player to have in the ranks. Waltzing by their players at times today when he came on. I only really saw that once from him last season against St. Mirren at home in February.

He showed a few good moments in other games so I always knew it was in him but I reckon when he gets a pre season under his belt he will feel more comfortable in our system and get the best out of him. He also strikes me as quite a shy and quiet lad, maybe now that he's not the "new boy" he plays with a bit more confidence and swagger.

4 minutes ago, Effanwhy said:

Agree that he gets ignored sometimes when a pass to him is obviously on.

That happened to him a lot last season, and that is probably why his link up play with Tav was non existent. Today they were excellent together, as I and a select few others predicted O'Halloran is a different animal now 

I don't like him.  Think he's all pace and little end product.  I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong tho.

Against Battery he put the ball towards the keeper rather than cut it back to his own player.  I found it strange since he had done the hard work and the cutback was the easy option.  Keeper flapped and Windass got a goal so worked out in the end.  Although, the warning signs are there.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't like him.  Think he's all pace and little end product.  I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong tho.

Against Battery he put the ball towards the keeper rather than cut it back to his own player.  I found it strange since he had done the hard work and the cutback was the easy option.  Keeper flapped and Windass got a goal so worked out in the end.  Although, the warning signs are there.

Bigot

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

That happened to him a lot last season, and that is probably why his link up play with Tav was non existent. Today they were excellent together, as I and a select few others predicted O'Halloran is a different animal now 

Tavernier seemed to be allergic to passing to anyone except Waghorn last season. I hope he is over that now.

It was good to see how direct he was but still think he will struggle when teams sit so deep and park 10 men in front of him. 

His best work today was done when motherwell were trying to push up and get back Into the game and there was more space but definitely think he will play a big part this season

4 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Tavernier seemed to be allergic to passing to anyone except Waghorn last season. I hope he is over that now.

That was probably more of a trust thing I reckon at first, but it should have only last a few games max. Looks like he is over it, I actually thought Tav was good defensively in the 2nd half, not so much the first though.