****Your official Rangers v The Accies thread ****

AlCapone

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, RFCRobertson said:

He can pick out and make long passes up the park, he's no afraid to run up and keep a press going either 

He's always trying to push our defensive line up as high as possible which is perfectly suited for the way we play.

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

Why would you want your centre back pressing the game :lol: ?

Keep a play live so we can score and win.

Good asset to have, we play high tempo and high pressure football. Kiernan knows that and he keeps the ball live for us if he has to. Lead to a goal a good number of times last season because he passed the ball in an advanced area to tav or whoever.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Keep a play live so we can score and win.

Good asset to have, we play high tempo and high pressure football. Kiernan knows that and he keeps the ball live for us if he has to. Lead to a goal a good number of times last season because he passed the ball in an advanced area to tav or whoever.

So you don't mind our centre backs mindlessly wandering into midfield to try and hassle players to get the ball back ? 

Not even sure how to respond to that :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's always trying to push our defensive line up as high as possible which is perfectly suited for the way we play.

No idea why you think it is a good idea for us to play a high line either and fuck knows how it suits our style of play

Guest Lloyd72
7 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

The video isn't long enough to show it but Gray moved across from Kiernan to Hill. 

1st mistake; you can't just pass him over when Hill already has Arfield running at him after the midfield was taken out. 2nd; even after that, the goals still avoidable if someone covers Hill, Wallace and Kiernan both failed to do so. Kiernan is sitting spare when the pass is played, he should be reading the danger and covering just as much as Wallace. 

Its such a basic goal, and it's worrying. As I said there's a lot of shared liability there, but you're mused off if you think Kiernan doesn't have a share. 

It should be wallace covering, if kiernan moves across he leaves an even bigger gap down his side but if wallace moves in he fills a gap in the middle and the only option they would have is to play it out wide giving Hill time to get back into position. Kiernan held his position because he was obviously aware that Vokes was waiting for him to move so he could make a run so he kept his positioning well. Tbh Hill shouldn't have moved because he made it so simple for them to play through us using 3 simple passes.

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

So you don't mind our centre backs mindlessly wandering into midfield to try and hassle players to get the ball back ? 

INot going in an hassling players to get it back. When the ball gets cleared by an opponent, he runs up, gets it and passes it up and the play remains live. 

Not that hard a concept to grasp. And it's a concept that fit exactly into our philosophy of play. Retain possession and push.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, WGOH said:

No idea why you think it is a good idea for us to play a high line either and fuck knows how it suits our style of play

Do you watch us mate? A high line is key to how we play if we keep the defence close to the midfield it makes keeping possession easier as the passes are shorter and easier to make, simple football.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Do you watch us mate? A high line is key to how we play if we keep the defence close to the midfield it makes keeping possession easier as the passes are shorter and easier to make, simple football.

It's natural for defenders to move higher up the park when your team has the ball, not as if its a philosophy. don't understand how a high-line suits the way we play though when we are defending? We have 3 slow as fuck defenders is what am getting at

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, WGOH said:

It's natural for defenders to move higher up the park when your team has the ball, not as if its a philosophy. don't understand how a high-line suits the way we play though when we are defending? We have 3 slow as fuck defenders is what am getting at

That's why when we lose the ball the defence and midfield moves back and our midfield/Defence tries to win the ball back. Are you finding this tough to understand it's really simple tbh.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

He also doesnt have a brain.

And Hill wasnt at fault for all goals. Watch the second goal again. Our whole midfield are taken out the game by one pass, and Kiernan lets Gray go. Hill stepped out because well he sorta had too as iur midfield were left with their dicks in their hands and Kiernan was picking up the forward. 

If we want to press high then the defence needs a high line otherwise there will be big gaps between our midfield and forwards or midfield and defence. If you're going to do that though you should have quick defenders. The other option is to sit off and then press at a certain point thus having a deeper defensive line. We seem to have the wrong combination trying to combine a high line with slow defenders. 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

That's why when we lose the ball the defence and midfield moves back and our midfield/Defence tries to win the ball back. Are you finding this tough to understand it's really simple tbh.

So how is Kiernan the best centre back we have for that, is what the whole topic of conversation has been? 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, WGOH said:

So how is Kiernan the best centre back we have for that, is what the whole topic of conversation has been? 

Because as I've said, he always pushes the line up high like Warburton wants, his passing and technichal ability and composure on the ball is key to us keeping possession well in games, he presses high and wins the ball back a lot. Amongst that hes actually not a bad defender and seems to be the main scapegoat for our team now.

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

He can defend tho, he got a lot of shit last season because he spent most of his time cleaning up after Wilson.

I agree with some of your comments, particularly about Kiernan but keeping the shape of the defence, but I disagree with that. As for Kiernan having more ability than Hill and Wilson combined, how do you work that out? You believe that Kiernan is better on the ball than Wilson? I disagree with that; Wilson is far better on the ball than Kiernan. Let's just say Rob's passing isn't his strong point.

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree with some of your comments, particularly about Kiernan but keeping the shape of the defence, but I disagree with that. As for Kiernan having more ability than Hill and Wilson combined, how do you work that out? You believe that Kiernan is better on the ball than Wilson? I disagree with that; Wilson is far better on the ball than Kiernan.

I think Kiernan looks miles more comfortable on the ball than either of the other two, WIlson needs to take more time with the ball at his feet and think about what he's gonna do with it before passing, a lot of the time he'll take the ball and try to pass it too quick whereas Kiernan takes his time looks up picks his pass or he dribbles it into midfield and lays it off for one of them. Also the amount of times Wilson wasted possession by trying to play a long ball through to the strikers or a diagonal ball was ridiculous, but Kiernans diagonal balls to Mckay became a key part of our play through the season.

Also Kiernans Cruyff turns are a thing of beauty. :wub:

8 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think Kiernan looks miles more comfortable on the ball than either of the other two, WIlson needs to take more time with the ball at his feet and think about what he's gonna do with it before passing, a lot of the time he'll take the ball and try to pass it too quick whereas Kiernan takes his time looks up picks his pass or he dribbles it into midfield and lays it off for one of them. Also the amount of times Wilson wasted possession by trying to play a long ball through to the strikers or a diagonal ball was ridiculous, but Kiernans diagonal balls to Mckay became a key part of our play through the season.

I haven't noticed his Cruyff turns!

10 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Your covers blown... You're clearly his maw!!

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I haven't noticed his Cruyff turns!

This was his most recent but he did something similar against the scum and against hivs in the petrofac.

The team I would go for would be

Foderingham; Tavernier, Hill, Wilson, Wallace; Barton, Forrester, Halliday; Windass, Waghorn, McKay

Playing the worst team in the league so hopefully put 4 or 5 past them and send a message out from the start.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Surprised O'Halloran is in less teams. Been a standout in pre season IMO. 

Right enough he deserves a start. Issue is of the front 3 Wags and McKay are must starts leaving MOH, Forrester, Dodoo, Miller and potentially Windass. Not a bad selection headache to have.

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Can't believe some are actually basing Hodson being more steady due to him playing against part time teams who offered no attacking threat! He's nowhere near as strong in an attacking sense than Tav.

I picked Hodson because i'm tired of seeing Tav constantly pop up in the penalty box, especially in games our defence is having a clown fiesta at the back. Before you reply that this is the way Warburton wants him to play, consider the fact that after King scored his winner against Falkirk, MW came out and said he shouldn't have been there and that it would take him a few weeks to get used to our system. That was a winger not supposed to be there never mind a RB. Look at the top teams that have the same philosophy that MW has, how many of them have their RB in the box on the end of crosses from open play 5 or 6 times a game. Our back four looks so ill disciplined at times i'd rather sacrifice the attacking threat of Tav for a more structured back four that we would be getting from Hodson. There has been times when Tav has been on the end of a cross from Wallace when we flat out know from interviews that  since the St Johnstone defeat one fullback is supposed to drop back when the other is forward.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I picked Hodson because i'm tired of seeing Tav constantly pop up in the penalty box, especially in games our defence is having a clown fiesta at the back. Before you reply that this is the way Warburton wants him to play, consider the fact that after King scored his winner against Falkirk, MW came out and said he shouldn't have been there and that it would take him a few weeks to get used to our system. That was a winger not supposed to be there never mind a RB. Look at the top teams that have the same philosophy that MW has, how many of them have their RB in the box on the end of crosses from open play 5 or 6 times a game. Our back four looks so ill disciplined at times i'd rather sacrifice the attacking threat of Tav for a more structured back four that we would be getting from Hodson. There has been times when Tav has been on the end of a cross from Wallace when we flat out know from interviews that  since the St Johnstone defeat one fullback is supposed to drop back when the other is forward.

Is it just me who loves seeing him get as far forward as he does? He contributed to 40+ goals last season from RB which is insane and shows how good he is going forward so why stop him? I'd sacrifice a few clean sheets to see him contribute that again this season.