Barrie McKay

GlasgowsBlue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the joys of opinions.Thought he played pretty well.First touch was excellent.Felt his problem was when he did attack and get past players he looked up and had no one up in support.Far too many times our midfield were so so slow to get up and offer a threat.

Actually this happened all over the park and very noticeable at throw ins.Credit to Hamilton they bust a gut to get up in support on the rare forays up the park whereas we were rather slow and pedestrian in my humble opinion.

And yet according to MW in his post-match RTV interview he stressed (more than once I think) that there was no misunderstanding among the players of the significance of the game today.    If that is indeed the case the players certainly did not respond positively to the responsibility.  Very far from it.   Which is not good as it indicates they collectively and individually found the pressure to be too much.    The result being some poor individual performances, a poor team performance, 2 dropped points and a situation where the Manager can analyse all he wants, and point out how much braver the players need to be (stuff he has pointed out before) but it seems he is having quite a bit of difficulty in motivating the players to respond positively to produce the goods.    

Put a wee bit differently, it was not just players who were poor today MW - not for the first time - joined Ally in being unable or unwilling to make sufficiently effective managerial first choices and interventions.    

I thought the wee man tried hard in the first half. Partnership with Wallace wasn't as good as usual but looked very much like Wallace wasn't making runs into the usual areas where Mckay would slip him in.                                                

I suppose some credit must go to the opposition, we better get used to teams trying to nullify their combined threat, stop whinging and find a way to break teams down another way.

Guest Lloyd72

I'd like to see him drift centrally more often and let Wallace stay out wide, he's far better when he comes into the middle as was seen against QotS, Dundee and the scum last season. He is incredible on the ball.

He's  been brilliant of course, but really wasn't great today. 

Looked knackered at about 70 mins, which is weird because he's always been full of energy. The scum game last season he barely stopped and still looked full of life. I dunno why he changed his top if he was being weighed down with sweat or something! 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

And yet according to MW in his post-match RTV interview he stressed (more than once I think) that there was no misunderstanding among the players of the significance of the game today.    If that is indeed the case the players certainly did not respond positively to the responsibility.  Very far from it.   Which is not good as it indicates they collectively and individually found the pressure to be too much.    The result being some poor individual performances, a poor team performance, 2 dropped points and a situation where the Manager can analyse all he wants, and point out how much braver the players need to be (stuff he has pointed out before) but it seems he is having quite a bit of difficulty in motivating the players to respond positively to produce the goods.    

Put a wee bit differently, it was not just players who were poor today MW - not for the first time - joined Ally in being unable or unwilling to make sufficiently effective managerial first choices and interventions.    

I guess soon enough we're going to find out if 18 months at Brentford is a sufficient apprenticeship for a Rangers manager. A fanbase who demand success and the rest of the country desperate for us to fail adds up to massive pressure which he has never has to deal with in his football career this far.

Don't think Barry had his best game but their number 6 I thought was outstanding. Apart from the first 10 mins were he looked like he would rape him every time he got very little out of him. The number 6 picked numerous diagonals out and looked solid. Our left create so much for us but we're pretty much nullified. All round movement middle to front needs to improve but that will come the more the boys work together.